Small questions v.10006

Angalin

I think the same applies for the Children.

I think the same applies for the Children.

Not exactly the 1000 of a 1000 is just a way of saying one in a million, but that does not seem to be true for humans. Green dreams are one thing but a true greenseer,seems to only exist one at a time. Lord Brynden is called the last greenseer by the children before Bran's arrival. Among the children the number is actually greater as it's pointed out the children have never been great in numbers. They are marked by Red or Green eyes, but the yare short lived unless they bond with a tree or go inside the tree I guess they call it. Once in a great while is what is said about the gift for the children. But they seem to have other gifts. One room Bran found while exploring with Hodor was full of singers enthroned like Brynden very old but still alive. So for one Brynden you had a room full children with the gift.

Every song must have it's balance. Jojen almost died and became a green dreamer, Bran almost died and lost his legs and became a greenseer, the children with the gift live short lives.

Aeron Greyjoy's chapter implies heavily that his half-brother Robin dies and says he is best forgotten does anyone know how he died?

It's said he died as a child. The brother best forgotten an idiot sickly boy. Why going with the Patchface connection? His mother was from the green lands.

We've seen plenty of Arakhs by now, but something bothers me. Is only the inner side sharp or is the outside of the curve sharp as well? Does anybody know?

the curved arakh is more hbo's invention. Grrm meant for slightly curved swords, that eg turks used to use

Here is what Dany witnesses at her wedding feast in Game.

"She heard a shout, saw a shove, and in the blink of an eye the arakhs were out, long razor-sharp blades, half sword and half scythe."

I´ve thought of the egyptian khopesh it´s a bronce sword derived from a sickle, but the outside of the curve is sharp. It´s ideal for slashing from a chariot and the form gives the sword stability for bronce is to soft and a straight sword would bend.

They´re useless for fencing and the form makes no sense for steel swords, but there seem to be other people who made the same connection that I did. I don´t know if Martin ever said anything about the arakh - he must have been asked - I don´t watch the show.

ETA: Found the SSM. Yolkboy is completely right. Scythe, seriously Martin. Is this an attempt to show how unreliable Dany´s observations are?

Hello! I got a lot of small questions but i tend to forget them... they;re really not that important. And sorry if they had been answered before, i tend to read only the first and last page of this eternal threads.

I read all the books a few years ago, so i don;t remember the details:

1) Who really tried to kill Tyrion during the Blackwater battle, I mean, who gave the order to the white cloak? I had assumed that it had been Cersei, but I can;t remember if later in the books the blame falls on someone else;s door. the tv show made me doubt, blaming Joff...

2) reaaally stupid, product of waiting for the next book.If a Lord's bastard gets married, are his children named with the Bastard surname if the mother is lowborn? or if the mother is highborn, do they carry their mother;s?

I'm assuming a great bastard, like Edric Storm, whose children won't bear the name Baratheon nor Florent of course, but he's too much important (a late king's son) to have his children without a surname as a peasant would.

If the bastard is a woman I think there;s no problem, example Joy Hill marrying a Westerling, the kids are going to be Westerlings.

3) this is more a rhetorical question: does anyone thought it stupid that whoever wrote the pink letter, admitted that Ramsay lost his bride, aka, THE hostage, and Jon instead of being relieved by this gets furious and decides to march south because he was threaten to get killed? I mean... come on! That makes no sense! :uhoh:

Thanks before hand! ;)

Archived