Death of House Frey

I don't care about logic or reason, I want the end of House Frey and Bolton. Off with their heads!

Well, the younger children could be sent off to the wall or be made to join the silent sisters or the septons. If they don't have any offsprings, that is effectively the end of their house.

They'll get quick deaths.

I won't speculate on what's going to happen, or vent my spleen, but I must say that I will be very disappointed if this world's injustice amorality and blind cruelty didn't extend to those who are not well thought of, and this is particularly true of every Frey, innocents, children and all.

It would be a jarring deus ex machina for me.

I dont think all the Freys should die just the guilty ones. Meaning whoever picked up a sword against a northern man or woman or to part in the actual planning. The men women and children who took no part and were not aware should not die. How ever the name they bare should no longer be considered noble (like it means something anyway ha) but all lands and monies should all go to the north.

To me killing innocent women and children would be much worse than Red Wedding - that was cruel, no doubt, but at least most of the people killed were warriors and war lords, who chose to start and continue separatist war. I still feel sorry for them, many were good people who did not deserve to die at all, but helpless passive observers like most Freys are on different level of innocence. THey did not choose to put themselves in danger. I feel strong urge to goodwin this thread based on this talk about exterminating people based on their family name.

I find it actually a good reflection of real life, where this kind of thinking goes on and on through centuries, leading to most problems.

I suspect it's mostly failure of imagination and empathy, people need to be forced to realize that others are human beings as well, when they do, some improve slightly. I mean, there are people who don't want Jaime killed, and unlike clueless Freys, he intentionally tried to kill a little boy and hardly felt bad afterwards!

To me killing innocent women and children would be much worse than Red Wedding - that was cruel, no doubt, but at least most of the people killed were warriors and war lords, who chose to start and continue separatist war. I still feel sorry for them, many were good people who did not deserve to die at all, but helpless passive observers like most Freys are on different level of innocence. THey did not choose to put themselves in danger. I feel strong urge to goodwin this thread based on this talk about exterminating people based on their family name.

I find it actually a good reflection of real life, where this kind of thinking goes on and on through centuries, leading to most problems.

I suspect it's mostly failure of imagination and empathy, people need to be forced to realize that others are human beings as well, when they do, some improve slightly. I mean, there are people who don't want Jaime killed, and unlike clueless Freys, he intentionally tried to kill a little boy and hardly felt bad afterwards!

This was really well said. Excellent post. It makes me very sad that readers are so eager to have innocents pay for the decision of probably 2 or 3 Freys just because the a Stark is involved. A Stark who knowingly decided not to honor his betrothal after giving his word at a time when a man's word was really all there was.

This was really well said. Excellent post. It makes me very sad that readers are so eager to have innocents pay for the decision of probably 2 or 3 Freys just because the a Stark is involved. A Stark who knowingly decided not to honor his betrothal after giving his word at a time when a man's word was really all there was.

The Frey women and children can't be held liable. But the guilt among the adult males is widely shared.

I really don't get how homocidal and revenge driven the Stark fan base is. People like the Starks because they're good and honest and noble, yet a large percentage of their fans seem to be blood thirsty maniacs who think nothing of the massace of innocent women and children all in the name of "justice"

How can you be a fan of Ned, who took a firm stance that the murder of innocents was wrong no matter what the situation, and then call for the blood of Walder's entire family?

Edit: To put it another way, I find it odd that most Stark fans think more like Tywin than Eddard.

The Frey women and children can't be held liable. But the guilt among the adult males is widely shared.

Right, because Walder Frey seems like the type of father that discusses his decisions with his children and asks for their input. Afterwards, he puts it to the vote, right?

It'd be ironic if Walder Frey's fortunate longevity comes back to bite him when he ends up out-living all of his kin; suicide would seem like a blessing at that point. He'd be sitting in his broken down hall, the Twin Towers no more. He'd become the 'Lord of the Twin Wreckage'.

Right, because Walder Frey seems like the type of father that discusses his decisions with his children and asks for their input. Afterwards, he puts it to the vote, right?

The movers and shakers were Lord Walder, Black Walder and Lame Lothar, but the others were each given a part to play.

Perwyn, Olyvar, and Alesander Frey were innocent, so they should be spared.

I will be disappointed if the Freys are wiped out. As a working class brit I actually admire them far more than the Starks and their supporters who believe in their divine right to rule based on their ancestors. The Starks and Tullys were shit rulers(last 300 years at least) who had the Targs to back them up, they betrayed the food chain and got the consequences.

First off no lords in westiros claim their lord ship by Devine right your confusing our world with theirs, the Starks and Tullys were granted continued lordships for services to the crown. Second explain to me how the Starks were shit rulers because I'm certain your just pulling that out of your ass. and lastly what about a family that has no honor or respect for guest rights admirable and not to mention their anything but working class because there is not middle/working class your either a peasant or nobility that's it. In my opion your think westiros is our world and not and our conventions don't apply

Archived