Let`s discuss Sansa`s so-called betrayal to her father

Mladen

Being boring and naïve means she deserves to die? dafuq? Sansa has grown enormously through the series as a character. She has terrible experiences and you hope she dies? What the hell? :shocked:

How exactly has she grown? She is still mostly the same. The person she is at the end of Dance is the same person anyone with normal intelligence would be at the beginning of Clash. That was the problem with Lysa, to much yappin and not enough scrappin. She should have skipped the speech and just tossed Sansa out the Moon Door .

How exactly has she grown? She is still mostly the same. The person she is at the end of Dance is the same person anyone with normal intelligence would be at the beginning of Clash. That was the problem with Lysa, to much yappin and not enough scrappin. She should have skipped the speech and just tossed Sansa out the Moon Door .

Did you...did you read ADwD? She is learning to play the game from Littlefinger and is not a child anymore. "My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel."

Did you...did you read ADwD? She is learning to play the game from Littlefinger and is not a child anymore. "My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel."

When LF sighs and says something akin to "I must confess I killed Lysa" Sansa is horrified because she doesn't understand that it's a manipulative phrasing to evoke sympathy and actually believes he will tell the other lords and knights the truth. Not a sign of natural talent for the game imo.

That's Ned own fault. LF told Ned not to trust him and was rude to him right to his face.

Ned did say something like Joffrey is no Prince Aemon but he didn't get into specifics and he said he will find someone better for her.

I know, I'm only trying to say that wasn't enough. What he told her, comparing to Sansa's dreams and hopes, shows the he didn't really understand or at least observe her since her betrothal to Joffrey at all. I don't have a problem at all with people who find that a fault of character, a mistake or simply a wrong thing to do, but people violently hating on her for this is what gets on my nerves. I don't know why I even bother with them anyway.

No malicious intent is not technically required to classify something as betrayal

I think the fact that you felt that you had to use the word "technically" in front of "required" is a clear indication as to whether Sansa's actions in that specific context and in the specific way the events took place would constitute a betrayal.

When LF sighs and says something akin to "I must confess I killed Lysa" Sansa is horrified because she doesn't understand that it's a manipulative phrasing to evoke sympathy and actually believes he will tell the other lords and knights the truth. Not a sign of natural talent for the game imo.

So you think she deserves to die? Like I said, she is learning fast. She understood Littlefinger's deal with Lyn Corbray.

I know, I'm only trying to say that wasn't enough. What he told her, comparing to Sansa's dreams and hopes, shows the he didn't really understand or at least observe her since her betrothal to Joffrey at all. I don't have a problem at all with people who find that a fault of character, a mistake or simply a wrong thing to do, but people violently hating on her for this is what gets on my nerves. I don't know why I even bother with them anyway.

Honestly for me trying to kill my sister and wanting my dog dead would be a dealbreaker but it's not for her.

She did told him that she didn't want someone nice or whatever but that she wanted Joffrey instead.

I think the fact that you felt that you had to use the word "technically" in front of "required" is a clear indication as to whether Sansa's actions in that specific context and in the specific way the events took place would constitute a betrayal.

Then you are reading to much into it. English isn't my first language and I used technically to emphasize that it is from an official source and not my personal opinion.

So you think she deserves to die? Like I said, she is learning fast. She understood Littlefinger's deal with Lyn Corbray.

She did with a bit of coaching. Understanding family trees doesn't make you a player though. You either have talent for something or you don't. If you don't you might with enough training be passable but you will never rise to the top. She lacks the ruthless streak to be a player. She should be written out of the story. I don't see her story as essential to the overall plot.

That's Ned own fault. LF told Ned not to trust him and was rude to him right to his face.

Ned did say something like Joffrey is no Prince Aemon but he didn't get into specifics and he said he will find someone better for her.

Should have gotten her Quentyn Martell.

Martells are the best.

Lannisters the Worst.

Honestly for me trying to kill my sister and wanting my dog dead would be a dealbreaker but it's not for her.

She did told him that she didn't want someone nice or whatever but that she wanted Joffrey instead.

Not much is a dealbreaker for Sansa, well maybe if they aren't beautiful with golden hair and green eyes...

She did with a bit of coaching. Understanding family trees doesn't make you a player though. You either have talent for something or you don't. If you don't you might with enough training be passable but you will never rise to the top. She lacks the ruthless streak to be a player. She should be written out of the story. I don't see her story as essential to the overall plot.

Dear God...

So now you're saying that because Sansa will never rise to the top in the game of thrones (which you have no way of knowing) there's no point to her being in the story? What? Sansa is one of the main characters. We see the politics and nuances of certain characters through her eyes and watch her journey through an extremely traumatic time in her life. The "overall plot?" What plot is this? The Song of Ice and Fire or the Game of Thrones?

Archived