Brienne is in love with Jaime.

Chickren

Thanks everyone who's posting support!

The responses on this thread highlight the fact that 'OP Skimming' is apparently as rampant as 'Brienne Skimming' and that suffering from one of those conditions may pre-dispose you to suffer from the other.

This is not a crush. --my OP

The whole point of the (admittedly in its own right quite tragic) Brienne/Renly infatuation is to illustrate that her subsequent feelings for Jaime are not just a crush.

To put the OP more briefly!

edit: compare Romeo and Juliet - with Renly as the insubstantial first love Rosaline. This also suits the whole crazy gender-bending dynamic of this romance...

I think it's interesting because I do think with the whole POV of the book that readers/Viewers are much like the Characters in the book. When Brienne was fevered and being dragged to the Lady Stoneheart, one of the men said he wished he had a Dragon for everytime she said Jaime. Yet no mention of how many times she said, Renly, Podrick, Ron's, Biter, and even the Bear were mentioned. Do I think it was as much as Jaime, probably not, bc he's one of the few that's saved her. (Would love to see more interaction between her and Gendry considering that Gendry saved her life too and that he looks so much like Renly, not that it would be love, just interesting to watch her get all blushy with him but not with Jaime.)

I'm also a believer that they are both falling in love but don't know it yet, but there is so much to her character I haven't seen discussed yet. Such as:

A - Needing saving first from rape, then the bear pit, then Biter and his canibalizim.

B- Failing at her missions constantly. People in her charge have died or been maimed. Finding Stark's in a haystack, that's just cruel. (Don't get me wrong are these are aspects of overwhelming odds that no one person could face, its the aspect of demoralizing and breaking of the spirit that I want to see through Brienne's eyes. Like when she cried with the priest.

C- What about the Stark pretender, being forced to a marriage that is in it self a lie and could easily be a death sentence. (that irked me very much) I only say that because if is that full of blinding honor, not saving an innocent girl seems kind of cruel even though it might have been a time issue.

D - Her slowly learning the shades of grey, between morality, honor and oaths the hard lesson that Jaime has already learned.

E - No matter how bad things get, she doesn't give up and doesn't stop fighting and continues to always try to save who she can.

I do love reading the dance though. Knowing that they both think of each other depite how far apart they are, is quite endearing. yet, I can't keep the quote out of my head: "If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention". It haunts me whenever I think something might go my way and this includes Brienne/Jaime pairing.

I do feel slightly bad for Hyle Hunt, he's quite decent I think, but faces unstoppable competition.

I hope he 1) lives and 2) marries Brienne and provides legal cover for Jaime's bastard. Young Jaime will then be Jaime Tarth not Jaime Storm (as Brienne, a ruling lady, will transmit her surname not Hyle's), and inherit the Sapphire Isle!

Thanks for the recollection of citations, Chickren!

It's not like Jaime hasn't any thought about Brienne as well, right? :P

I love how Brienne is able to read through Jaime quite well, unless he opens his mouth.

When Jaime speaks everybody misunderstand him, be them other Lannisters or whoever...

I don't think Brienne is in love with Jaime.

I do think that Jaime is very important to her, because they've been through a lot in each other's company.

She's more Fangirl and Awestruck than actually in love with Jaime.

Now I'm just curious as to why people think she doesn't love him. What have I missed?

Canonically, what backs up these statements?

I do feel slightly bad for Hyle Hunt, he's quite decent I think, but faces unstoppable competition.

I hope he 1) lives and 2) marries Brienne and provides legal cover for Jaime's bastard. Young Jaime will then be Jaime Tarth not Jaime Storm (as Brienne, a ruling lady, will transmit her surname not Hyle's), and inherit the Sapphire Isle!

This is also my belief on their not so happy ending, dead Jamie preggers Brienne and Hyle saving her honor with a marriage of convenience/friendship. In order to hide the last Lannister in Westeros.

This is also my belief on their not so happy ending, dead Jamie preggers Brienne and Hyle saving her honor with a marriage of convenience/friendship. In order to hide the last Lannister in Westeros.

Last Lannister? You do know that Kevan had several children himself, and there are still the distantly-related Lannisters of Lannisports... Plus a number of cadet houses that could take up the Lannister mantle...

Edit: Unless... Red Wedding... On a National Sca- ...Wait, that's genocide...

Now I'm just curious as to why people think she doesn't love him. What have I missed?

That's what her dialouge represents for me,she is awestruck by him it also backs up why her opinion of him changed so quickly.

I did kind of mean of the main house. I definatly think that Cersei and her children are dead by the end, Jamie is dead Tyrion may either die, live in excile or maybe end up as Lord of Casterly rock though I think its the least likely end for him. I think Genna & her brood are doomed as they are all officially Frey's. Lancel will cop it during the inevitable battle of the Faith, Tarreck (sp) is missing assumed ripped apart by a mob. He may show up he may not. Once Jamie dies the main branch is felled barr Tyrion whom I am really unsure of I can't help thinking his tongue will eventually land him in hot water that he can't get out of.

That's what her dialouge represents for me,she is awestruck by him it also backs up why her opinion of him changed so quickly.

What dialogue?

Is there a single person in Westeros who's met Jaime under less "awe-striking" conditions than Brienne? Even after her opinion of him "changes" she doesn't fully trust him, ie the Oathkeeper scene.

Archived