Most Emotional Moments.

jongtu

I think the emotional responses start with Ned executing Lady.

Other under mentioned passages -

"Vengeance, Justice, (Pushing the dragon into her hand) Fire and Blood." I am just happy that someone want to bring Dany and her dragons against the Lannisters.

Alayne learning of her marrying Harry the Heir. Maybe, just maybe, the one character that has stayed fairly innocent through the whole story will at least have one good thing occur for her.

The Red Vipers death.

Aegon leading the Golden Company to invade westeros

Got to be the RW. I'd read some pretty detailed spoilers before I had read the book so I knew what was coming but still...

I just was not prepared for all the feelings that that one chapter made me feel. I basically started losing it when Cat started losing it!

The whole of SoS. So much changed in that book that it took me like a week to start reading again. I just couldn't think how anything could end well for anyone I the whole series.

I think Lady's death is my most emotional moment; for me it was the first really emotional one of the series, and it hit me hard. (When Bran was pushed out the window I was shocked, but not really emotional). Ned looks at her and thinks of how well the name Lady suits her because she's so gentle and trusting... and "shortly, Jory brought him Ice." I had to hug my dog for a long time after I read that passage. :crying:

ETA: Another emotional moment for me, because it struck a personal chord, was in ASoS when Catelyn remembers how a drunken Edmure had broken down the night before Lord Hoster's funeral:

He ought never to have ridden off to fight his battles on the fords, he told her tearfully, he should have stayed at their father's bedside. "I should have been with him, as you were," he said. "Did he speak of me at the end? Tell me true, Cat. Did he ask for me?"

I don't want to think about what that it would have felt like if I hadn't been there when my own father died, so I could relate to the pain a little better than I would have liked to. :frown5:

I almost stoped reading the books after Lady's death. And then after Ned's. I just couldn't stand to see him on his knees, THE NED, so great and honorable, humbly stating in front of all Kings Landing that he was a traitor.

The Red Wedding and how close Arya got to reuniting with Cat and Rob.

Maester Cressen.

Maester Aemon.

Barristan being dismissed for being too old.

Daenerys banishing Jorah.

Jorah in the cage as a slave.

Jon's last chapter.

And one that really ticked me off, Arya's "The next morning she was blind". What the hell? I had no idea is was not permanent and really felt like someone saying "oh, you have a headache and a broken arm? here, i'll kick you in the knee!"

I felt sad when I read that Tyrion killed Shae, and when Oberyn got killed by Gregor. Especially the Oberyn one because Gregor was 8 foot tall and muscular and had armor, so it felt like a David vs Goliath moment when Oberyn was about to win.

The moment of the Red Wedding when Robb says "No" to Cat's offer to stay as a captive, Robb calling softly for Grey Wind, Cat's insanity thoughts about Ned "Ned loved my hair" , Jon calling for Ghost as he's stabbed, Arya's reaction to Ned's execution, Tyrion's rant about Cersei, Oberyn's duel, Theon's remorse about Robb, Maester Cressen and anything he said to Shireen about things appearing and never being seen again

I'm tearing up and getting chills at the same time. So many moments mentioned, though I have two to add.

When he opened his eyes again, Lord Eddard Stark was alone with his dead. His horse moved closer, caught the rank scent of blood, and galloped away. Ned began to drag himself through the mud, gritting his teeth at the agony in his leg. It seemed to take years. Faces watched from candlelit windows, and people began to emerge from alleys and doors, but no one moved to help.

Littlefinger and the City Watch found him there in the street, cradling Jory Cassel's body in his arms.

And also

Death had come to Dorne on raven wings, writ small and sealed with a blob of hard red wax. Caleotte must have sensed what was in that letter, for he'd given it Hotah to deliver. The prince thanked him, but for the longest time he would not break the seal. All afternoon he'd sat with the parchment in his lap, watching the children at their play. He watched until the sun went down and the evening air grew cool enough to drive them inside; then he watched the starlight on the water. It was moonrise before he sent Hotah to fetch a candle, so he might read his letter beneath the orange trees in the dark of night.

The dwarf woman studied her with dim red eyes. I see you. She whispered. I see you wolf child, blood child. I thought it was the Lord who smelled of death. She began to sob, here little body shaking. You are cruel to come to my hill, cruel. I gorged on grief at Summerhall, I need none of yours. Begone from here Dark Heart,

Begone!

I still get emotional when I read this. All the shit Arya goes through and this woman calls her dark heart and smells death on her.

I was mad at the Ghost of High Heart until I read Feast of Crows.

I cried when Arya wants Harwin to recognize her

I was jumping on my bed during Oberryn vs the mountain. :commie:I ended up lying, broken again while reading ASOS ... :bawl:

LF and Lysa bed time made me really laugh :smileysex:

Dany flying on Drogon :whip:

Jon meeting back Ghost at the end of SOS. :grouphug:

Jon's last chapter :eek:

The melting of ice :bang:

• 7 months later...

Archived