[Book Spoilers] Will Robb name the Heir to Winterfell?

Yes, this bugged me too. Part of Robb's entire motivation for naming Jon Snow his heir was because they found out about Tyrion marrying Sansa and they did not want the North to go to the Lannisters at any cost. They have no idea where Arya is, and assume Bran and Rickon to be dead so that leaves Sansa and Tyrion to take over Winterfell if they don't name another heir. ALL of that has been excluded from the show, apparently. It's a pretty big plot to be dumped. :(

It's like they traded all that, cats uneasiness the whole journey, GW attacking Freys and trying to warn Robb from entering the twins just for a big BOOM in episode 9.

I think a big reason to not show the will is to not have anything diminish the impact of the RW. No matter how horrific it was, if in the back of the viewers' minds there is this "that sucks, but Jon was just named heir so everything will be ok", thought then the impact wouldn't be as great. The will can be added at any time or not at all. And for all we really know, Jon may well be forever dead, thus a moot point.

This.

I'm also of the mind that it probably happend "offscreen" to not take away from the impact of the RW. It would be nice to have it show up later...well just as I'm hoping it will show up in the books lol.

Archived