[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions?

i've seen a bunch of predictions woven into some of the other ep 9 threads, but i wanted to start a thread devoted to how we predict/hope/dread this ep to go down - mostly re: the RW, but all other storylines as well.

here are a few of my thoughts, though i'm not going to actually call them 100% "predictions," as i won't pretend to be able to guess how they're going to do this and what changes they will implement:

- ramsay reveal: i know many have said the dreadfort is too far away for him to be at the RW, though i suppose it could be possible. more likely, i think, is that roose will show robb and cat theon's finger (gods, i HOPE it's his finger) AND will tell them that ramsay is holding theon and that theon has "confessed" to murdering bran and rickon. i believe in the show robb and cat are supposed to be unsure whether or not they are truly dead at this point... and i've always wondered why that is... perhaps so that they can do the big "yes, they ARE dead" during this ep? this would also explain why they've been dragging out the b.o.b. reveal for so long. and THIS would lead to robb making jon his heir. they will have just also learned that sansa married tyrion, so robb gets this triple heir-whammy and decides he must legitimize jon.

- also, the fact that cat learns - in a very short period of time - that sansa is married to a lannister and that her baby boys are definitely dead just primes her for extra insane grief when she sees robb stabbed in front of her. it will all come at once :crying:

- i don't think they will show grey wind's head on robb's body. it's an unspoken rule of hollywood - you don't show gruesome animal deaths. people, sure, all you want, but not animals. strange in a way. but i think it would just disturb too many people and they would risk losing viewers. probably we'll learn about it later when we hear tywin or tyrion talking about it. or joff will gloat about it. that little fucker.

- if talisa is not a spy, looks like the blackfish will escape with her. but if she dies, or loses the baby in a post-RW miscarraige, then i guess we'll know she can't be pregnant in the books. if she is a spy, that is going to be really crazy.

- poor arya

well, people who read the books know it's the episode of the Red Wedding

what do you expect?

Do you think Talisa will be spared? do you think she's a spy? do you think she'll follow the way her book counter-part Jeyne Westerling followed?

In my opnion I don't want her to be a spy, she needs at least to be spared and survives and run away back to Riverrun, where she can follow the plot, the rumors that Jeyne escaped with Blackfish and that she's pregnant

so, what's your opinion?

I would prefer that (1) she's not a spy and (2) she dies, if only so that people can shut up about her on here.

If she survives then people will complain about how they'll probably try to make up some stuff to keep her involved somehow, and if she ends up being a spy, well, even if she dies we'll never hear the end of it.

Ned rises from the dead, and charges into the midst of the slaughter to protect his family, only to be killed once again.

I like it!

In fact, I think they should make it a running gag. Whenever something bad happens to a Stark, Ned comes back to life to try to stop it only to fail and get killed again.

Very, very high, and I think appropriately so. It's what inspired D&D to take on GoT in the first place, so they better do it justice. I haven't been a very big fan of D&D in general since season two, but I still believe they can do this right. It's disconcerting the way they've downplayed Robb and especially Cat though. On the other hand, the RW is incredibly epic and this is a chance for them to create one of the most powerful and heartbreaking scenes in a television series. If they do it well it will garner them a lot of positive attention, so that's one of the big reasons I think they'll actually do this well. .....But another concern is the Talisa thing. I don't want the RW to be about her and Robb. I hope she's the first to go.

Very, very high, and I think appropriately so. It's what inspired D&D to take on GoT in the first place, so they better do it justice. I haven't been a very big fan of D&D in general since season two, but I still believe they can do this right. It's disconcerting the way they've downplayed Robb and especially Cat though. On the other hand, the RW is incredibly epic and this is a chance for them to create one of the most powerful and heartbreaking scenes in a television series. If they do it well it will garner them a lot of positive attention, so that's one of the big reasons I think they'll actually do this well. .....But another concern is the Talisa thing. I don't want the RW to be about her and Robb. I hope she's the first to go.

This. Some things have been really good this season, but the lack of Robb and Cat has been baffling given what's going to happen; the more we see of them, the more we suffer when they go. So yeah, I don't get it either, especially given the fact that Robb/Cat's scenes were supplanted by a lot of nothing in KL. Go figure.

My expectations are high too, though. I want it to be as heartbreaking and raw as it was in the books. And Talisa needs to go.

This. Some things have been really good this season, but the lack of Robb and Cat has been baffling given what's going to happen; the more we see of them, the more we suffer when they go. So yeah, I don't get it either, especially given the fact that Robb/Cat's scenes were supplanted by a lot of nothing in KL. Go figure.

My expectations are high too, though. I want it to be as heartbreaking and raw as it was in the books. And Talisa needs to go.

Try to remember how little important Robb and Cat stuff happened in the book prior to the events in this episode. Cat's chapters in ASoS didn't have much going on, and some of you seem to forget that. I also think the impact will be big, because the unsullied believe Robb's story is building up to something big, but then he's killed at a wedding. Having a lot of Robb/Cat scenes with not much going on would not necessarily be a good thing.

I don't want Talisa to be a spy. There are enough people betraying Robb without his own wife joining in. It would be silly IMO. I would prefer she survives but is imprisoned by Roose, then later takes the place of "fake Arya" marrying Ramsay and eventually being rescued by Theon.

Try to remember how little important Robb and Cat stuff happened in the book prior to the events in this episode. Cat's chapters in ASoS didn't have much going on, and some of you seem to forget that. I also think the impact will be big, because the unsullied believe Robb's story is building up to something big, but then he's killed at a wedding. Having a lot of Robb/Cat scenes with not much going on would not necessarily be a good thing.

Yeah. I agree. While there is some great stuff, halfway through CoK it seemed to me that Cat was downgraded to the woman who receives bad news, and who everyone ignores.

So are you trying to tell me that the invented material for KL was of importance? Pod's magical penis? Cersei/Tyrion completely out of character truce? I think it would have been much better to make up some well written scenes for Cat, especially since she comes back.

Although I don't care too much for the Series-Jeyne, I really hope that she and (especially) the Blackfish

escape in order to take up their storyline from the book.

(I don't believe she's pregnant, it would suck to have every hope for that possibility shattered by the series)

- i don't think they will show grey wind's head on robb's body. it's an unspoken rule of hollywood - you don't show gruesome animal deaths. people, sure, all you want, but not animals. strange in a way. but i think it would just disturb too many people and they would risk losing viewers. probably we'll learn about it later when we hear tywin or tyrion talking about it. or joff will gloat about it. that little fucker.

skinning rabits though, no prob

Ya the downplaying of the Starks at this point really is going to lift a lot of the impact of what could have been for today's episode

The Starks haven't been downplayed that much. They even had more screentime in S2 then they did in the books. Whether you consider that material good is a different matter ofc.

The Starks haven't been downplayed that much. They even had more screentime in S2 then they did in the books. Whether you consider that material good is a different matter ofc.

I think he means they've been downplayed in season 3. And I would agree.

Archived