[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions?

So are you trying to tell me that the invented material for KL was of importance? Pod's magical penis? Cersei/Tyrion completely out of character truce? I think it would have been much better to make up some well written scenes for Cat, especially since she comes back.

Pod's magical penis was pretty funny ... and I could for example say it's important to have more Pod since he becomes important in book 4. Ok, that scene was not necessary.

Remember that we've already had Cat crying over Rickon and Bran + her father to Robb, crying about Rickon and Bran to the Blackfish, and crying about Jon Snow to Talisa, if all those scenes haven't made the viewers already feel sorry for Cat, then IMO more of them won't change a thing. We've also had some Robb scenes that wasn't in the books, in addition to the IMO awesome Karstark scenes with Robb that made my unsullied friend think Robb is badass and just. I'm not necessarily saying a couple more scenes, if done right, would be bad, I just think, based on the source material, many are making it bigger than it really is. I wasn't a huge Robb and Cat fan in the third book, but the RW is the one scene in all of entertainment that I'll never forget.

From Show Robb and Catelyn's perspective (if I remember correctly):

-Theon took over Winterfell a while ago, no news of whether Bran and Rickon were ok

-Bolton sent his bastard to recapture Winterfell

-No news from Bolton on how that is going

So I imagine when they all meet up at the Twins, Robb and Catelyn will ask Bolton about that whole situation. By now, Bolton presumably knows that Theon lost Bran and Rickon. I wonder if he'll tell Catelyn that Bran and Rickon are dead right before the wedding?

I must be the only one, but I'm really really looking forward to seeing Roslin Frey. For some strange reason, I really love her.

Also, I already got the "server is too busy to handle your request" message... I'm betting this forum will go down an hour or so after the episode airs.

The one thing that's still bothering me a little is this notion that Cat doesn't know for certain whether Bran or Rickon are dead. In the books, she was 100% positive that they were dead (not missing) and this added to her pathos during the RW. Her belief that all her children were permanently lost to her made her death even more devastating.

I think they'll go for Grey Wind's head on Robb's body. I feel confident that D&D are aware of how vivid and memorable that image is, and they'll want to include it for maximal impact. There have been some gruesome animal deaths (i.e. Gregor beheading that horse in S1, as Joyful Union mentioned), so I believe that ship has already sailed and we'll see the Robb/Grey Wind hybrid. :crying:

Personally, I'm filled with trepidation. I keep nervously glancing at the clock. I'm as nervous as a maiden on her wedding night.

With Arkhash on this one...

I think that Talisa will take Dacey Mormont's place. I even think she will take an axe to the stomach. A brutal way to ensure that there won't be a Stark heir.

- i don't think they will show grey wind's head on robb's body. it's an unspoken rule of hollywood...

I can't find the link, but I'm almost positive that I read that that's confirmed. My guess it that episode 10 will open with that gruesome image.

The one thing that's still bothering me a little is this notion that Cat doesn't know for certain whether Bran or Rickon are dead. In the books, she was 100% positive that they were dead (not missing) and this added to her pathos during the RW. Her belief that all her children were permanently lost to her made her death even more devastating.

I think they should have Robb talking some sense into her. It's really a ridiculous idea that they'd still be alive. Even if they know Hodor and Osha are missing too. I picture this: Robb is getting anxious thinking about the next battle. He knows that if they fail, Tywin's retribution will be enormous. He considers that they will need an heir that's already grown and ready to lead. He suggests Jon. They disagree. She tries to remind him that Bran and Rickon may still be alive. He points out that there's been no word of them (if Ramsay is named before this, it reveals the Bolton's treachery even more), and that it's improbable that they're alive. Bran can't wak, Hodor is a half-wit, Rickon is like 7, and Osha has no reason to be loyal to them. Then she concedes and delivers "show them how it feels blahblahblah"

I think they will show Robbwind. It's an image that may become iconic not only for this series but for all television. Moreover, I think they will show Grey Wind's death as well, maybe not that graphic because of budget limitations but if they showed the bear being hit by an arrow, they can do it with the direwolf (lots of arrows being fired mixed with the animal howling and quivering and I will stop here because I get sad...)

I want Talisa to be a spy but for it to be only hinted at ambigously, for her to get injured and lose the preganancy, but to either be captured by Bolton to replace fake arya, or to be saved by blackfish. Definitely don't want her to die

Hope the Blackfish lives, Cat kills Aegon, Grey Wind howls, the drums are frightening. Hope they show Arya's pathos, Sandor's ferocity, Edmure's happiness with Roslin and her apprehension knowing what's to happen. As for Talisa, don't like her modernity mainly and would like to see her die. But I'm betting she doesn't.

I predict that it was a mistake for me to rewatch this scene

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=JQW9lB_KbRg

The chills came now and the tears may come later.

I'll be sure to show this scene to my friend after watching the episode, because, well :devil:

This won't make it any better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HJC7D8t1ts

Archived