[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions?

A lot of people talk about the downplaying of the Starks in season 3. While I also see it and do agree with it when I compare to their presence in the books, I know 3 nonreaders to whom I've mentioned the lack of Starks and none of them agree. All 3 of them know and understand Cat and Robb. Maybe my friends are just exceptions to the rule, but based on my experience I don't think nonreaders are so in the dark. Cat is far and away my unsullied brother's favorite character, even.

A lot of people talk about the downplaying of the Starks in season 3. While I also see it and do agree with it when I compare to their presence in the books, I know 3 nonreaders to whom I've mentioned the lack of Starks and none of them agree. All 3 of them know and understand Cat and Robb. Maybe my friends are just exceptions to the rule, but based on my experience I don't think nonreaders are so in the dark. Cat is far and away my unsullied brother's favorite character, even.

I agree. We've had three (maybe even more) scenes where Cat is sad and crying, if that isn't enough, nothing is. My classmates who watch the series think Robb is awesome and pretty badass after the Karstark beheading, and now they're looking forward to Casterly Rock. I think also that the Robb/Talisa relationship has been more fleshed out than in the books, where we only saw it through Catelyn's eyes. I'm not a huge fan of Talisa, but I'm convinced that Robb loves her, and I believe many unsullied will agree.

I specifically asked my friend about what was his perception of Robb's story and he completely got it right. They gave the Starks nearly the right time, since their story is relatively simple and nothing really important happens until know. Or what happens has been shown already.

I agree. We've had three (maybe even more) scenes where Cat is sad and crying, if that isn't enough, nothing is. My classmates who watch the series think Robb is awesome and pretty badass after the Karstark beheading, and now they're looking forward to Casterly Rock. I think also that the Robb/Talisa relationship has been more fleshed out than in the books, where we only saw it through Catelyn's eyes. I'm not a huge fan of Talisa, but I'm convinced that Robb loves her, and I believe many unsullied will agree.

Exactly. I asked my brother if he thought Talisa and Robb truly loved each other and he said of course they do, and that he'd never second guessed it. I mean he's just one person but he's my view into the "typical" unsullied. The unsullied on TWoP analyze everything. Most unusllied, I feel, watch the show week to week and make predictions but don't analyze a hell of a lot.

After rob is killed a shot of Rains weeping over the deserted halls of winterfell

Love this idea...

My pessimistic prediction is that they'll completely flub the RW and have a wildly inappropriate song for closing credits. There's been poor build up. They've eliminated a lot of the development of Cat & Robb, including the part where their grief over Bran and Rickon caused them to do stupid things and all the people who support Robb. I really hope that they prove me wrong...

Anyway, my take on the RW...

Talisa is no spy and is killed. It's possible she'll take Dacey's place in most regards-- dance with people then get shunned. Cat comes over to investigate then all hell breaks loose. But my personal vision is Talisa is dancing and is killed out of the blue-- no getting shunned and no Cat investigating. I think that would have the most impact. All is a bit awkward and tense but going well, and then Talisa is stabbed. Definitely stabbed in the belly, too, given the whole pregnancy thing.

Then the massacre of unnamed extras begins, with a clear shot of Walder Frey in the background grinning.

The show doesn't seem to include fools, so I think Cat will take a hostage in the form of a random Frey son, or perhaps Walder's own wife since he killed Robb's. But I don't see Cat killing another woman. Not sure why, I just don't.

A bit of begging, some disgusting remarks by Walder Frey, then enter Roose Bolton who excused himself earlier in the scene.

"Lannisters send their regards", sword in the heart, bam. Cat screams and sobs and slits open the Frey's throat (I hope she really just saws into it and tears it up like in the books but wh oknows). Someone comes up behind her and we see her face/neck as her throat is cut, then credits immediately.

As much as her internal monologue made the whole scene come together in the books, I don't believe we'll get any of the "Ned, our sweet children" or "Ned loves my hair" in the show. We might get "Ned, it hurts, make it stop" though-- that would work outloud, but I don't think the others will as much. And I'm not sure about the face-clawing. She'll definitely scratch herself up a bit on her face, but I don't think it will be as deep as it was in the books.

As far as the "piece of prince", I hope they don't include it. I never liked that in the books. I think a bastard reveal would work this episode, along with Roose telling Cat that Bran/Rickon are for sure dead.

I think episode 10 will open with Grey Wind's head on Robbs body, and the Freys laughing as they throw Cat's naked body into a river, in the rain.

I don't know what Arya's place in this will be. I don't foresee an Arya fakeout. That'd be too much with the slaughter and the reveal, for the viewers.

Also, I know this board will be down during/after the episode before I get a chance to watch it. If anyone's doing a quick write up or play-by-play perhaps via tumblr or twitter or something else, I'd love to be able to see it. I cant' watch it live (no HBO) and I NEED to know what happens before I see it.

There is some guy in IMDB, who has been proved to be legitime about spoilers because he watches the episodes before, posting the spoiler for the RW scene. I won't post it here, but it's there for you to watch in you can't wait five more hours :P

I trust that guy as much as I trust Walder Frey. He said that Roose is seen stabbing Robb in a downward motion, stabbing him in the stomach, but said later that when Robb is stabbed, we only see his face. Contradiction, anyone? If all he has said is proven right, I'll say my apologies.

I feel pretty confident they'll show Robbwind. Probably not until episode ten though.

Yep. D&D are so huge fans of the RW that I doubt they'll just write that part out.

Also, I know this board will be down during/after the episode before I get a chance to watch it. If anyone's doing a quick write up or play-by-play perhaps via tumblr or twitter or something else, I'd love to be able to see it. I cant' watch it live (no HBO) and I NEED to know what happens before I see it.

Go over to NeoGaf or Chud.com to see Unsullied's reactions right after the episode--you can also try TWoP, though I'm guessing that site will be up and down, as well.

My unsullied brother knows that there is an event called The Red Wedding, knows it's a game-changer, and knows it's tomorrow night. He typed up a detailed prediction. I want to post it here for you all to ponder over, since the "predictions" thread from episode 8 is kind of dead now, and you might get a kick out of it.

Under spoiler tags for length.

(keep in mind all i know about the red wedding is that it is the definitive game-changing moment of the series, and that it happens tomorrow.)

the wedding is clearly joffrey's and margaery's. there has been so much stuff setting that one up as being the red wedding.. that tyrion quote about "it will be quite a wedding" in episode 6, and it's also been built up SO much, so if you were like watching the series not knowing there was a red wedding, then this one is the perfect wedding to have be that one since they constantly hype up "joffrey and margaery's wedding." it's supposed to be the huge wedding.. and it will be but not in the way that is expected. i'm 100% on it being that one.

i know i told you yesterday that i thought for sure margaery is going to be responsible for joffrey's death in some way. and i stand by it. there are two scenes that to me clearly show that.. in episode four (i think four), there's that scene where granny tyrell is talking to cersei and one of them comments on how their sons seem determined to lead themselves into the grave. right after that, in the same scene, margaery leads joffrey up to wave to a crowd.. and the music is SO ominous. like, the entire scene is shot in such a way that it looks like something awful is about to happen, with cersei coming at the two of them and being like 'no' and just the freaking music i mean listen to it.. margaery is leading joffrey to his death.

then there's also that scene with the crossbow, maybe in episode three? where joffrey is cleaning it off and margaery holds it, and it shows the two of them looking into a mirror. when i first reached that scene i honestly thought she was about to kill him -- but now rewatching it i can see that it's setting up her killing him later. with the way she's pointing it at the mirror, it looks like she is aiming it at him, and then she has a line where she says "do you want to see me kill something?" thats' why i thought she was going to kill him when i first reached that scene.. and she will, just not yet. she and her grandma also seemed VERY unconcerned about the fact that joffrey was 'a monster' to sansa.. youd think margaery would care about that if she were planning on spending the rest of her life with him.. but she didn't, because she's not.

so i'm definitely sold on Margaery Kills Joffrey. i don't know the specifics.. i think she could personally kill him, or i think she will incite a crowd to kill joffrey. either way i think it will bite her in the ass and she will die (though maybe not next episode).. this goes perfectly with bronn's line to tyrion about how if you try to spend all your time being well-liked or whatever, you'll be the most popular dead man there is.

additionally, i believe granny tyrell will die. she has delivered two lines that also really serve to set up that wedding as the red wedding, telling tyrion that people need distractions and that w/o the wedding their distraction would consist of "tearing us to pieces", and in episode six she told tywin that some people would be mad enough to raise swords against both tyrells AND lannisters.. her getting both of those lines has not gone unnotticed by me.

also, i think - shocker - TYRION will die! even though he seems like a character who won't die, he got that line about how it'll be quite a wedding, and he's the most popular character so "most popular dead man" could definitely be alluding to that.

and to finish it up i'll go out on a limb and say that tywin is going to die. can't for the LIFE of me remember what it was, but something in the scene where granny tyrell snaps his quill was said that made me think he is definitely going to die. additionally, when cersei talked to margaery about rains of castemere, the obvious meaning is "Margaery is being too ambitious and it's going to fuck her over" since that is what cersei was saying.. but in reality i think it was going to say that the LANNISTERS are too ambitious, which obviously falls most heavily on tywin.. that scene where he says his plans for sansa and loras to marry tyrion and cersei is like the definition of overambition, because he thinks that if he does that hen he holds the key to the north, has the tyrells under total control.. he basically thinks that he is at the top of the ladder totally invincible, which in a practical sense he is, but i think that that's the perfect time for him to take a fall.. and with that and the death of tyrion (and maybe the death of cersei - margaery wants to be THE queen), the lannister house will fall just like the house in rains of castemere did. so it's ironic because cersei was trying to say "margaery u fukin urself over" but really she was just describing what her own fate is going to be.

so yeah. margaery is either going to kill joffrey and then a crowd revolt breaks out, or margaery is going to try and incite a crowd to kill joffrey (i have in my mind a badass fantasized scene wherein there's a crowd of admirers and then margaery gives this huge speech about how joffrey is a total stupid shithead who didn't "defend" blackwater at all and then she tells the crowd to take up arms and kill him - this is just something i think WOULD be cool rather than a prediction necessarily), but then it backfires because crowds are hard to control -- either way we'll be getting margaery being responsible for the death of joffrey, and then a crowd revolt happens (i acknowledge the possibility that there is just a crowd revolt and margaery doesn't do anything bad-intentioned and simply led joffrey to his death unintentionally which is what that scene symbolized, but her 'want to see me kill something' line makes me tihnk that that won't happen.. but it could) during which granny tyrell DEFINITELY dies, tywin probably dies, tyrion probably dies, and i would not be surprised if cersei or margaery die... and with that many lannister casualties and potentially tyrell casualties, it's a huge game-changer because then nobody is on power, the door is opened, and depending on whether you're littlefinger or varys, we are left with nothing but either a chaotic ladder or an empty pit.

Go over to NeoGaf or Chud.com to see Unsullied's reactions right after the episode--you can also try TWoP, though I'm guessing that site will be up and down, as well.

Thank you!

I trust that guy as much as I trust Walder Frey. He said that Roose is seen stabbing Robb in a downward motion, stabbing him in the stomach, but said later that when Robb is stabbed, we only see his face. Contradiction, anyone? If all he has said is proven right, I'll say my apologies.

I don't trust that guy, either, but I see no contradictions here. If we're looking at Robb face-to-face and then we see Roose come up behind him--Roose says what he says, then lifts his arm and stabs downward and we still see Robb's face.

Yep. D&D are so huge fans of the RW that I doubt they'll just write that part out.

Did he ever even describe what happens with other characters like Dany, Jon, Bran, etc.? All I ever saw was the stuff with the Red Wedding.

He claims the first line in the episode is Cat Stark - "Are you sure about this?" which isn't in the trailers, if anyone's interested.

So are you trying to tell me that the invented material for KL was of importance? Pod's magical penis? Cersei/Tyrion completely out of character truce? I think it would have been much better to make up some well written scenes for Cat, especially since she comes back.

I think that's because of the contract of the KL actors, doesn't Peter and Lena demands certain amount of screentime per season? I won't be surprised if Dance, Riggs and Natalie Dormer also have some of it. That's why we get scenes of Tyrion doing nothing, QoT meeting with everyone in KL, Cersei being good sister with Tyrion and already suspicious of Marg (which shouldn't happen yet in the story). This is the same problem with Dany last season, they have to give them time even if they don't have anything good to do.

Did he ever even describe what happens with other characters like Dany, Jon, Bran, etc.? All I ever saw was the stuff with the Red Wedding.

(we better not discuss this for long, mods don't like)

No, he didn't, which for me smells like a fraud. He pretty much retold the RW scene with some changes that are VERY likely to happen, but that will give him credibility in the eyes of people who haven't been spending a long time speculating. Guess we'll find out the truth in a matter of hours ...

There is so much talk about the RW that I feel sorry for all the other scenes in the episode :dunce:

Archived