[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions?

From before the preview thread was closed

How many of you would be angry if the last shot of the episode is the version of Rains of Castamere from episode 7 with Tywin drinking red wine looking out of a window looking satisfied.

I would die laughing.

THAT IS MY PREDICTION

TYWIN LANNISTER FOR KING OF WESTEROS

Not to mention that horse that got beheaded in S1, or the one that got its throat cut.

I think generally you dont show gruesome dog deaths, because apparently they deserve special treatment.

ya, I should have said they don't show gruesome *pet* deaths. animals used for food and transportation seem to be ok to kill onscreen.

although the more arguments I've been reading, the more i think it is actually somewhat likely they will show the grey wind head thing. so I'm preparing myself.

I mean, they are still brother and sister. I've got three brothers (all of them younger) and two sisters (two older, and one younger), and now that we're mostly all adults (youngest brother is 16, oldest sister just turned 39), I can say that not everyone gets along and/or likes each other all the time. It's just the way families work, from my personal experience. But when there is some kind of family issue, all of that shit disappears for a little while and we work through it together. I'm not sure what's unrealistic or illogical about that, especially since their relationship isn't nearly as antagonistic as it is in the books.

I beg to differ. Until this season their relationship was fairly antagonistic, not in the extreme and unreasonable way as it was in the books, but most definitely not like a normal family. The family situation you describe, to be honest has absolutely nothing to do with the relationship between the Lannisters neither in the books nor in the show. Unless you and your siblings threaten to kill each other on a regular basis and then pretend it never happened.

Going from Cersei torturing fake-Shae and Tyrion threatening her to take revenge, to "oh well, we're still siblings after all" it's not logical character growth in my eyes.

Love this idea...

My pessimistic prediction is that they'll completely flub the RW and have a wildly inappropriate song for closing credits. There's been poor build up. They've eliminated a lot of the development of Cat & Robb, including the part where their grief over Bran and Rickon caused them to do stupid things and all the people who support Robb. I really hope that they prove me wrong...

I suggested the rains over Winterfell idea a while ago and every told me it was stupid.

I wanted to make a big deal of timing everything to Rains of Castamere and have that shots of a storm over Winterfell match up with "and now the rains weep o'er his halls"

The main thing I'm hoping is that Talisa dies during the Wedding, without any stupid crap like "oh, she was a spy"

I'd rather she just die, along with Robb, Catelyn and Wendel.

That could possibly greatly detract from the episode.

I also hope Blackfish isn't killed, as he still has a decent part to play, at least in the fourth book.

I also hope Theon IS NOT there.

The main thing I'm hoping is that Talisa dies during the Wedding, without any stupid crap like "oh, she was a spy"

I'd rather she just die, along with Robb, Catelyn and Wendel.

That could possibly greatly detract from the episode.

I also hope Blackfish isn't killed, as he still has a decent part to play, at least in the fourth book.

I also hope Theon IS NOT there.

Agree with all this. Especially the Talisa point. I bear her character no ill will whatsoever but to have her be revealed as a spy would undermine everything that the RW and arguably the series going forward is all about .

I think it would be interesting if Theon was there but I would prefer not.

Anyone else inexplicably worried that Jorah won't survive this episode? :(

This is the most perfect thing ever.

Me right now:

I seriously can't deal with anything at the moment. I'm just blasting Rains of Castamere in my room, stocking up on tissues and generally praying that it won't be so bad. We've got how many hours left? Three or something? Ugh. I'm not even a huge Stark fan, but this is just tearing at my feelings.

:agree: This. I tried to do some work just now. Stared at a book blankly for fifteen minutes. Then got back on here. Mused at length about how it's raining heavily here and how perfect that is. Stocked up on wine and tissues for my guests. Still haven't done any work.

This. Some things have been really good this season, but the lack of Robb and Cat has been baffling given what's going to happen; the more we see of them, the more we suffer when they go. So yeah, I don't get it either, especially given the fact that Robb/Cat's scenes were supplanted by a lot of nothing in KL. Go figure.

My expectations are high too, though. I want it to be as heartbreaking and raw as it was in the books. And Talisa needs to go.

This is why my crackpot theory of the season is that Cat doesn't die yet... "Not today" style.

If they change anything major like Cat lives or the Blackfish dies or the focus is on Talisa and Robb (exhibit a: this disgusting thing I found on tumblr: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/129924/2960448-got-game-of-thrones-31821143-500-600.png) I don't know....just don't know. I doubt any of that will happen, except quite possibly too much focus on Talisa. Serious worry.

Following on this Stark-triotic feeling that is running through my veins, I feel the need to join my fellow members in saying

KING IN THE NORTH! KING IN THE NORTH! KING IN THE NORTH!!!!!!!!

:cheers:

!!!!!!!

This is why my crackpot theory of the season is that Cat doesn't die yet... "Not today" style.

Ha ha, can you imagine the anger? It would be insane. Would the internet even contain it? My own rage would probably be enough to break the internet forever.

I beg to differ. Until this season their relationship was fairly antagonistic, not in the extreme and unreasonable way as it was in the books, but most definitely not like a normal family. The family situation you describe, to be honest has absolutely nothing to do with the relationship between the Lannisters neither in the books nor in the show. Unless you and your siblings threaten to kill each other on a regular basis and then pretend it never happened.

Going from Cersei torturing fake-Shae and Tyrion threatening her to take revenge, to "oh well, we're still siblings after all" it's not logical character growth in my eyes.

Whatever you say, but I think you're just looking for something to complain about. Neither Tyrion nor Cersei threaten to kill each other "on a regular basis", and the exact reason that Tyrion was visiting Varys in the fourth episode was because he wanted to get to the bottom of what happened during the battle of the Blackwater. They had a scene together after that where he confronted her about it and came to realize that Joffrey had set it up, in case you forgot about that. And during their very first scene this season, Tyrion grabbed an axe before permitting Cersei into his room. You're leaving out these minor details (i.e. entire scenes) that explain exactly how the two characters got to the scene you've taken an issue with.

In fact, have either one of them ever threatened to have the other outright killed on the show? Except for the line Cersei gave to Tyrion about 'Ned Stark having a piece of paper...' and Tyrion telling Cersei that he will 'hurt [her] for this' in regards to the scene you mentioned, I don't think they have. And in any case, you're over-simplifying human nature to an absurd degree when you say that people can't hate each other passionately one minute and find common ground the next. Is it logical? Not really, but sort of... Cersei and Tyrion have both been shown to be incredibly complex (if a tad self-destructive) individuals. They also have a lot in common, and I'm sure they realize that as well. Again, you're over-simplifying the situation and making it out like they were best friends all of a sudden, instead of two people who have grown up together, who know each other very well, and who have both been put in a similar situation by their father - who else, exactly, are they going to turn to? I'm not sure how there is anything "illogical" about that, and if there is, then I'd say the entirety of humanity has - at one point or another - been guilty of not exhibiting "logical character growth".

Ha ha, can you imagine the anger? It would be insane. Would the internet even contain it? My own rage would probably be enough to break the internet forever.

Yeah D&D might need to worry about their safety if they do that (not by me!!). There would be such an outcry that it would just be ridiculous.

Archived