Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lyanna wolfgirl

[BOOK SPOILERS] Predictions?

(we better not discuss this for long, mods don't like)

No, he didn't, which for me smells like a fraud. He pretty much retold the RW scene with some changes that are VERY likely to happen, but that will give him credibility in the eyes of people who haven't been spending a long time speculating. Guess we'll find out the truth in a matter of hours ...

There is so much talk about the RW that I feel sorry for all the other scenes in the episode :dunce:

So true! I love Queenscrown, but If I had the choice I would fast forward to RW immediately, it's just to big a deal.

There is so much talk about the RW that I feel sorry for all the other scenes in the episode :dunce:

That's why I think it should be like Blackwater, in a sense. People won't remember those other scenes for the next few days so we'll need a damn good "Previously on" next week. Buuuuut it being like a standard episode vs Blackwater ups the shock factor.

If Robbwind is not shown at the end of 9 or start of 10 I will be pissed.

What confirmed the “Red Wedding” for me was Mr Higgins revealing that [imagine the Irish accent] “A massacre took place last night” and “major characters got their heads removed and sowed onto an ox.” I will admit I did laugh out loud at this point, obviously I explained what I thought it was.

Most likely, the landowner saw the corpse of a direwolf but didn’t realize that’s what it was, not being a fan of the show. It’s also possible that they did use an ox to simulate the gruesome head-swapping of Robb and Grey Wind, and that the ox will be CGI-ed into a direwolf in post-production.

http://winteriscomin...rthern-ireland/

That's why I think it should be like Blackwater, in a sense. People won't remember those other scenes for the next few days so we'll need a damn good "Previously on" next week. Buuuuut it being like a standard episode vs Blackwater ups the shock factor.

Yeah, it would bee too unsettling for the unsullied if they spent an entire episode in Robb and Cat's company. I'd imagine it being a bit like the previous episode (I loved that the previous episode was focused on three locations), with all the stuff at the Twins taking a bit more of the screentime than all the KL scenes in the previous episode. Probably about 20-25 minutes of Robb and Cat, because they need time for Arya, Queenscrown and Daenerys, all important scenes (and some time for Sam and Gilly. GIVE ME COLDHANDS!). The wedding scene should be long, since if it starts, say 10-15 minutes before the episode ends, people will expect something else than the wedding happening the last couple of minutes, so they won't expect the big moment happening at the Twins. But hey, look, the scene goes on and on ... OH, GOD!

I believe almost everything about this episode will be gold, even if they do some changes from the books.

I think that's because of the contract of the KL actors, doesn't Peter and Lena demands certain amount of screentime per season? I won't be surprised if Dance, Riggs and Natalie Dormer also have some of it. That's why we get scenes of Tyrion doing nothing, QoT meeting with everyone in KL, Cersei being good sister with Tyrion and already suspicious of Marg (which shouldn't happen yet in the story). This is the same problem with Dany last season, they have to give them time even if they don't have anything good to do.

Maybe, but I still don't see why their mandatory scenes can't at least be in character.

Maybe, but I still don't see why their mandatory scenes can't at least be in character.

Right? So many are random and seem like filler and it's quite annoying when there are so many characters.

To be honest, Ser Jorah wielding his sword once more is going to steal the entire episode; possibly the entire series.

Oh, don't be so sure, maybe Grey Worm doing some spearwork or Daario some naked lady sword and arakh stuff will steal his scene.

Right? So many are random and seem like filler and it's quite annoying when there are so many characters.

Agreed. I would never understand what's the logical character progression going from "Cersei and Tyrion hate each other and threaten each other for 2 seasons" to "Cersei and Tyrion forget the threatening and bond over their sad destiny

". Or what Pod: The Magical Penis adds to the plot.

To be honest, Ser Jorah wielding his sword once more is going to steal the entire episode; possibly the entire series.

That's what I've been saying

Agreed. I would never understand what's the logical character progression going from "Cersei and Tyrion hate each other and threaten each other for 2 seasons" to "Cersei and Tyrion forget the threatening and bond over their sad destiny

Oh, I bet D&D could give you some long-winded response on how Pod's penis represents the conflict in Westerosi society or something.

Pod the magical penis adds to the plot by developing the relationship between Pod and Tyrion for later on. That was my immediate assumption.

Sex is what many men bond over. Not saying it's right or good or healthy, but it's true. If your desire is to get two male characters closer, drinking and bro-ing it out talking about sex is typically a realistic way of showing it. Now, I agree the scene with the whores didn't need to go on for as long as it did, nor did the little subplot need to take up as much time as it did. But completely unnecessary? I disagree. It just ate up more time than it needed to.

Talisa is treacherous or is the lamest character in the history of the show.

Pod's magical penis was pretty funny ... and I could for example say it's important to have more Pod since he becomes important in book 4. Ok, that scene was not necessary.

Remember that we've already had Cat crying over Rickon and Bran + her father to Robb, crying about Rickon and Bran to the Blackfish, and crying about Jon Snow to Talisa, if all those scenes haven't made the viewers already feel sorry for Cat, then IMO more of them won't change a thing. We've also had some Robb scenes that wasn't in the books, in addition to the IMO awesome Karstark scenes with Robb that made my unsullied friend think Robb is badass and just. I'm not necessarily saying a couple more scenes, if done right, would be bad, I just think, based on the source material, many are making it bigger than it really is. I wasn't a huge Robb and Cat fan in the third book, but the RW is the one scene in all of entertainment that I'll never forget.

Interesting. I watch with 3 "unsullied" and all three groaned and called him a moron and an idiot. During the conversation with the Frey's, when Edmure was hesitating about the marriage, my friends were blasting Robb not Edmure. They kept saying, at the very least he should man up and apologize for putting him in that situation. They don't like Robb at all. "You have to marry someone you don't want to because I wanted to marry who I wanted..." They find him to be a hypocrit and an idiot. While they are Stark fans, they already have Robb written off. He isn't going to be the one to redeem, or get revenge.

You can't spend an entire episode on a bunch of people that die, foregoing the rest of the story that actually occurs after tonight. Blackwater worked because basically no one dies of any import and it shapes events for the future. While the RW does shape events, it won't really until late S4 if not S5 so it's really a huge waste to take up that much time to show a massacre of characters.

I like it!

In fact, I think they should make it a running gag. Whenever something bad happens to a Stark, Ned comes back to life to try to stop it only to fail and get killed again.

This is the most perfect thing ever.

Me right now:

I seriously can't deal with anything at the moment. I'm just blasting Rains of Castamere in my room, stocking up on tissues and generally praying that it won't be so bad. We've got how many hours left? Three or something? Ugh. I'm not even a huge Stark fan, but this is just tearing at my feelings.

I mean, they are still brother and sister. I've got three brothers (all of them younger) and three sisters (two older, and one younger), and now that we're mostly all adults (youngest brother is 16, oldest sister just turned 39), I can say that not everyone gets along and/or likes each other all the time. It's just the way families work, from my personal experience. But when there is some kind of family issue - big or small - all of that shit disappears for a little while and we work through it together. I'm not sure what's unrealistic or illogical about that, especially since their relationship isn't nearly as antagonistic as it is in the books.