Season 3 Soundtrack Announced

Westeros

Earlier today I was wondering about why we hadn’t heard anything about the season 3 soundtrack… and suddenly, there’s news! Shifting label from Varèse Sarabande to Watchtower Music, it looks like June 4th will see the release of the season 3 soundtrack on iTunes (with an additional digital “booklet” included as a bonus), with a CD release some time thereafter (no exact date yet, so far as we know).

The link above will include the full list of contents. In a certain sense, there may be spoilers in these track titles, so we’ll be providing them here as well below the cut:read on >>>

Visit the Site!

Interesting, so, they might change Roose's words. I get it, the show isn't subtle enough to get away with "jaime Lannister..." everyone would blame him.

I am very curious about 17 and 19 :). The Heir to Winterfell?? Talisa's baby?? Jon? something probably left for ep. 10. And "For The Realm" can have so many meanings, but I think it's about Stannis :).

The track titled "Reek" has me excited for Theon's future in the show. Maybe they'll include "Reek, reek, rhymes with...?"

And "The Lannisters Send Their Regards" is nearly six minutes long, so you can guarantee that a lot of screentime will be devoted to the Red Wedding massacre. Although I wonder whether Roose's line will be changed from "Jaime Lannister sends..." to "The Lannisters send...."

The track titled "Reek" has me excited for Theon's future in the show. Maybe they'll include "Reek, reek, rhymes with...?"

And "The Lannisters Send Their Regards" is nearly six minutes long, so you can guarantee that a lot of screentime will be devoted to the Red Wedding massacre. Although I wonder whether Roose's line will be changed from "Jaime Lannister sends..." to "The Lannisters send...."

I imagine it will be given that Jaime said that Roose should say The Lannisters rather than just him in particular. It's probably better this way, as casual viewers won't (for some reason or other) believe Jaime to be personally responsible, whilst it still makes Catelyn's vendetta against Jaime in AFfC valid.

The soundtrack is being released, so all's right with the world.

Edit: Samples can be hear on Amazon.

Mhysa is amazing. So different, and so sad. I get a truckload of emotions everytime I hear the preview.

The Lannisters Send Their Regards is a very strong and scary song, and I love it.

Reek is my 3rd favorite, very powerful as well.

Of course, this is judging by the 20sec preview, so my final favorites may vary.

I love the soundtrack ! My favorites are I have to go north, heir to winterfell, for the realm and a lannister pay his debts.

Rains of Castamere is one of the best song ever made... I get chills everytime I hear it especially in the 7th episode after the bear pit.

I also love the song used when Mellisandre is telling Gendry that he's a Baratheon (the baratheon theme from season 1).

For the realm is really simple but so powerful at the same time... They will probably use itfor the last scene of season 3. It feels sad,like the last moments of who someone died for the realm but I have no idea who.

Too early for 'I Have to Go North' to be Davos reading Stannis the letter?

It would make for a great season ending for the Dragonstone crew, but what would they do for most of Season 4? I think the Gendry rescue will be next year.

Just heard the samples:

A Lannister Always Pays His Debts: basically an instrumental 'Rains of Castamere' - the one played at the RW

Dracarys: slow-paced, sounds similar to the music from the birth of the dragons scene in S1

I Paid The Iron Price: the music played in Theon's monologue in ep4. Sounds similar to the intro to 'Pay the Iron Price'

Chaos Is A Ladder: I think it's the music played in LF's chaos monologue

Dark Wings, Dark Words: sounds like a gothic choir version of the theme song

You Know Nothing: music played in Jon/Ygritte's sex scene

Wall of Ice: can't remember, but I think it's the music played when they're about to climb the Wall

Kingslayer: music played during the bath scene

I Have to Go North: I recall this being played multiple times in Robb's scenes, most notably when he arrives at the Twins(strange title, since he's attacking Casterly Rock?)

White Walkers: played in the prologue of the first season and Sam the Slayer. Ominous and downright chilling

It's Always Summer In The Sea: Shireen's song, and plays in the credits for ep5

Reek: music played during Theon's near escape from Ramsay's men. Sounds like a faster paced What is Dead May Never Die, and one of my favourites

The Bear and the Maiden Fair: the punk version heard in the credits for ep3

The Night is Dark: played in multiple Melisandre scenes, IIRC

The Lannisters Send Their Regards: music played during the Red Wedding massacre. It's 5 minutes long, the longest one in the soundtrack

Heir to Winterfell: music played during Bran and Rickon's farewell. Sounds very similar to 'Winterfell'

Mhysa: Sounds operatic, very choir-ish, doesn't have the Eastern tinge to it that other Dany tracks do

For the Realm: Acoustic version of the theme song. Probably will play in the credits of the finale

Archived