Season 3 Soundtrack Announced

Westeros

Having listened to Dark Wings Dark Words however it also sounds very similar to the first half of Mysha. I still think that Mysha works better for Uncat, and that the first half of the song doesn't work for the actual Mysha scene, but am now pretty certain that D+D will put Dark Wings Dark Words with Uncat.

And who knows, maybe they'll pull it off and Mysha will go perfectly with Mysha :P

Need someone to rewatch s03e02 and tell us if Dark Wings, Dark Words played in it. If not then that is a strong contender for the Uncat song although the title is an odd one.

I'm pretty sure Dark Wings, Dark Words have not been played yet - don't quote me though.

From the title I could see Dark Wings Dark Words over KL getting the news of the RW. But again different parts of the song may play in different places.

To be perfectly honest the entire soundtrack is great and I can see Dark Wings Dark Words, Mysha or For the Realm playing over Uncat. So long as it's not The Bear and the Maiden Fair i'm happy.

Yeah I didn't remember it when listening to the OST. I think it is just Dark Wings, Dark Words, Mhysa and For the Realm left. No idea when the last one will play, the person who uploaded it first to Youtube had Arya's picture in the background but I don't think that gives any clues.

Perhaps For the Realm is Davos convincing Stannis to go to the Wall? But that looks like it will be in s4. The only other ideas I have are Varys cos he loves da realm, or Jon going back to the Wall (which is a distinct possibility actually given the title of the track - so I'm going for Jon).

Need someone to rewatch s03e02 and tell us if Dark Wings, Dark Words played in it. If not then that is a strong contender for the Uncat song although the title is an odd one.

I just went through it quickly (even subjecting myself to the Cat/Talisa scene), didn't seem to be there.

Yeah I didn't remember it when listening to the OST. I think it is just Dark Wings, Dark Words, Mhysa and For the Realm left. No idea when the last one will play, the person who uploaded it first to Youtube had Arya's picture in the background but I don't think that gives any clues.

Can't really think of how "For the Realm" could realistically go over anything other than perhaps a montage or the end credits.. it's a good rendition but being acoustic might make it seem a bit thin to partner with a big scene considering they'd need to lower the volume a bit for dialogue.

Perhaps For the Realm is Davos convincing Stannis to go to the Wall? But that looks like it will be in s4. The only other ideas I have are Varys cos he loves da realm, or Jon going back to the Wall (which is a distinct possibility actually given the title of the track - so I'm going for Jon).

Reckon For The Realm will just be over the credits. I'm still really hopeful that they'll have Varys introduce Aegon in some way, although I very much doubt it.

I just went through it quickly (even subjecting myself to the Cat/Talisa scene), didn't seem to be there.

Thank you for putting yourself through that. Puzzling.

Can't really think of how "For the Realm" could realistically go over anything other than perhaps a montage or the end credits.. it's a good rendition but being acoustic might make it seem a bit thin to partner with a big scene considering they'd need to lower the volume a bit for dialogue.

Could just be a random acoustic version of the main title they did, that doesn't appear in the season and they just bunged the name For the Realm onto? Would be unusual as the tracks are always tightly joined to their names but I can't see what Dark Wings, Dark Words could have to do with the next episode either.

Mhysa feels very reminiscent of the piece that plays at the dragon birth scene in s1. It really sounds like a season ending piece.

I'm still hoping for UnCat as the season ender but seems like we're getting another epic Dany cliffhanger.

Overall though, this is the best soundtrack so far. There's a bunch of tracks in the first two soundtracks that I usually skip because they seem like boring retreads of previous songs, but other than that silly Bear and Maiden Fair one, this ost is all gold.

Perhaps For the Realm is Davos convincing Stannis to go to the Wall? But that looks like it will be in s4.

If they tell us he's going in so many words, it takes a large chunk out of the surprise later. They should keep it quiet (have Davos read the letter and show Stannis agree, but not explicitly tell us what they're talking about) and then during the battle the gold stags come out of the woods/snow.

Could just be a random acoustic version of the main title they did, that doesn't appear in the season and they just bunged the name For the Realm onto?

Yea, that's what I was thinking. I love this version, and it seems to fit perfectly arranged for guitar. I was wondering whether he might have originally written it on guitar and then adapted it. Either way, I'd want it heard if I'd played it, so where else would it go?

If they tell us he's going in so many words, it takes a large chunk out of the surprise later. They should keep it quiet (have Davos read the letter and show Stannis agree, but not explicitly tell us what they're talking about) and then during the battle the gold stags come out of the woods/snow.

Yep I made basically the same post in some other thread, I hope D&D do what they did with the RW and keep Stannis turning up at the Wall as well-hidden as possible up until the moment shit hits the fan. Shouldn't be too hard as they just need to not show the viewer the words that the reader saw through Davos's POV. That would make 'Stannis! Stannis! STANNIS!' even better than it was in the books and be a change worth making.

It's not played in that episode. My bet is the beginning of the next episode. Maybe when Arya is watching the devastation around her as we see in the preview, along with some other shots :(

Mhysa feels very reminiscent of the piece that plays at the dragon birth scene in s1. It really sounds like a season ending piece.

I'm still hoping for UnCat as the season ender but seems like we're getting another epic Dany cliffhanger.

Overall though, this is the best soundtrack so far. There's a bunch of tracks in the first two soundtracks that I usually skip because they seem like boring retreads of previous songs, but other than that silly Bear and Maiden Fair one, this ost is all gold.

I'm actually in love with the Hold Steady's version of The Bear and the Maiden Fair - but I think it really depends on your musical preferences. It's the style/tempo they probably would've written a long time ago but fits with their general genre.. the chorus us particularly good whereas the verse I could take it or leave it.

I like that they seem to be following the trend of having a band do a rendition of a song and putting it on the album .. I wasn't a big fan of The National's 'Rains..' but probably because I'm not a big fan of The National..

I've listened to Mhysa about 80 times already. Don't know if I like the rest of the season 3 soundtrack as much as season 1 & 2, but I'd take Mhysa to a desert island over everything else Djawadi has done combined.

Warrior of Light is still the best for me, but I can see Mhysa overtaking it. I really like The Hold Steady's The Bear and the Maiden Fair too, my judgment was clouded at first cos of hearing it at a point in the series it didn't really suit (I thought).

Archived