[BOOK SPOILERS} The Lannister's send their regards.

I wonder what the reasoning for the deviation was since they kept the dialogue from Jaime pretty much intact. I thought the idea in the books was to show that Jaime Lannister pretty much couldn't catch a break - the public (especially the Starks) would hate him because they simply wouldn't hear him out when he started to do good.

100% just to deflect blame from jaime for the tv audience. not that he had anything to do with it anyways

Pretty much this tv audicence is simple minded and cant even think 2 or 3 eps back they would just assume omg jamie planned it wtf? They prob wanted make sure no one figured that and jamie was a more like character.

100% just to deflect blame from jaime for the tv audience. not that he had anything to do with it anyways

I think they want to make it clear that he wasn't involved for the viewers without having to wait until next season. This makes me feel that they may cut out Stoneheart entirely, someone I've thought for a while. I don't think it's a stretch giving the large changes and the fact that the aren't trying to follow every major point of the books. No need to implicate Jamie directly, in the minds of the characters, if it won't come up later. We shall see.

Not really 100% but certainly part of it. That line is confusing I would bet for even a casual reader, but it's a reminder that Tywin Lannister just "won" the war, and Jaime's release let it happen. I'm sure Roose knows Cersei is thrilled too. It's definitely not the same but I still think it fulfills what it needs to.

In fact I'd bet even with the simplification people won't remember it since it was delivered a bit hastily, and show-watching doesn't really invoke the same level of analysis of such words that book-readings does.

Im okay with the change.

I mean, the original would be better ofcourse, but Jaime had nothing to do with the RW, so I think in the grand scheme of things, there is little harm done by that particular change.

I think it's too confusing to viewers which is why they changed it. I think many viewers would be led to believe that Roose and Jaime struck a deal of some sort off screen. By changing it to Lannisters, he isn't implicating Jaime specifically. I don't think it makes much of a difference in the long haul.

The scene when Cat uncovers the chainmail on Roose was amazing, did you notiice Bolton's grim? At that moment and from that angle he looked TOTALLY like Charles Dance, it just struck me immediately, i don't know if you had the same feeling?

Geting rid of the "Jaime" part of the line makes perfect sense. In the book, it is purely a GRRM intentional misdirect that you have to pay very close attention to in order to fully grasp. That extra confusion does not help the show. Good riddance to that line, IMO.

I'm a Jaime fan, and I'll disagree with the speculation that he had ill intentions.

I equate "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" with "Michael Corleone says hello".

Agreed, although I'm not fully convinced he didn't have bad intentions. It just works better in the context of the show, the wedding was backed by Tywin and therefore by the entire Lannister family/army... in name. The audience needed to know that this was a Lannister plot and the way to reveal that were Roose's final words. To have him specifically name Jaime would have seemed stupid in the context of the show.

They screwed it up.

Originally the line and the whole set-up, with Roose first slinking out then returning in his terrific Bolton armour, and stabbing a sword through Robb's heart while uttering his one-liner, was pure Awesome.

In the show, they first bitch-slapped Roose and made him run away like a pussy, then come back for 1 second almost as an afterthought "Oh yeah, now the bolton guy kills Rob". It was God-Awful.

So after they dumped Ramsay's plot, removing all of the awesomeness, now they do the same with Roose.

Their strategy of removing / merging characters and storylines misses again and again. It's pathetic.

The audience needed to know that this was a Lannister plot and the way to reveal that were Roose's final words. To have him specifically name Jaime would have seemed stupid in the context of the show.

Some ppl that just watch the show actually think this was walder getting back at them for the insult, they dont see Tywin behind it. Which isn't surprising cause the way the show is a bloodpath where ppl keep dying they don't see this a taboo even in westeros custom. I hope Tyrion links (for the audience) Tywin's letters to what happened next week.

It was off because the screenplay wasn't good. They should do a closeup of Roose + Robb while he says the line. Now it could just be a random guy who said it for all we know because the audience thought that Bolton ran off. They are trying to cram everything into the allotted time that they have to smoosh everything together. Just bad. That's what happens when you try to cram 13 episodes (or even 20!) into 10.

Yep. That's one my friends, who isn't all that bright. She'd be screaming, "OH MY GOD JAIME KILLED HIM!?!?!" right in the middle of the scene if they kept that line, I swear it....my SO who hates the show and barely pays attention would probably say, "huh?" I understand why they left it out and I'm okay with it, and I'm a pretty diehard book purist.

This

Some ppl that just watch the show actually think this was walder getting back at them for the insult, they dont see Tywin behind it. Which isn't surprising cause the way the show is a bloodpath where ppl keep dying they don't see this a taboo even in westeros custom. I hope Tyrion links (for the audience) Tywin's letters to what happened next week.

I think they'll definitely make it clear that Tywin was an architect of it. And you mean in two weeks, unfortunately :(

It was off because the screenplay wasn't good. They should do a closeup of Roose + Robb while he says the line. Now it could just be a random guy who said it for all we know because the audience thought that Bolton ran off. T

I'm pretty sure everyone knows it was Roose seeing as the actor playing him was right there, you could see his face and he spoke lines of dialogue. Not sure what you're talking about.

Stoneheart will take any Lannister she can find. They are still responsible for Bran's fall. Plus, the Kingslayer gave Cat his word he'd get her daughters back. Changing the line on TV won't absolve him of anything in Stoneheart's eyes.

Archived