[BOOK SPOILERS} The Lannister's send their regards.

Can't risk it with the general audience, have to treat them with kid gloves. I know people who would assume Jaime somehow 100% planned the RW if the line was the same.

The "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" line actually confused me momentarily in the books so I for once am quite glad that they changed it in the show.

The show line is almost exactly the same. It makes it obvious who was behind the RW without confusing viewers and it doesn't alter the story in any way. Don't understand why people are so hang up on this particular change.

The "Jaime Lannister sends his regards" line actually confused me momentarily in the books so I for once am quite glad that they changed it in the show.

The show line is almost exactly the same. It makes it obvious who was behind the RW without confusing viewers and it doesn't alter the story in any way. Don't understand why people are so hang up on this particular change.

People also wanted to see Michelle Fairley clawing her face apart and laughing maniacally and talking about her hair, even though none of these things would make sense without being in her head for that chapter and would totally ruin the scene on television.

I think the face clawing thing was maybe plausible and they probably even considered it, but the hair thing, not really. It was a thought in the book anyway, not something she said to anyone. The face clawing thing maybe just didn't translate well to television. Would have liked to have seen her more hysterical and mad though than the dead inside look (it was great acting, just would have have preferred the first).

I think most of the non-reader reactions to the RW would be joke memes about Catelyn if she went out that way, it is way too campy for a show like GoT.

And Daario, Grey Worm and Jorah's scenes in Yunkai weren't? :fencing:

I don't really mind some changes, but I thought the main reason Cat was killed was her hysterical behavior, otherwise the Freys would've taken her as a hostage. But I guess D&D wanted to make the Freys even more despicable.

The only difference that I see would result from the change is in what unCat remembers from the RW night, that she wouldn't pin the betrayal [unfairly :frown5: ] so specifically to Jaime. But since indications are that we won't get Lady Stoneheart, after all, I can't see how it would matter. Given the fact that the RW was in fact, born in Tywin's cruel completely-crush-all-opposition mindset, it really was 'the Lannisters' rather than Jaime.

I thought the delivery of this line (and Roose's performance in general) was a little off.

If I'd been directing I'd have had McElhatton deliver the line in his usual voice, almost matter-of-fact (the same way he delivered "five Lannisters dead for every one of ours" in S2E4), rather than the cliche villain forced whisper he ended up doing. To me it would've been a better way to show his cold, ruthless pragmatism, plus it would've been more clearly understood. Two non-readers I talked to didn't understand exactly what he said until their second viewings.

I really liked how Roose was portrayed throughout the rest of the wedding though. He conveyed a creepy, cocky menace with a twinkle in his eye that left the viewer unsure of his intentions, which I thought was very effective.

Not really 100% but certainly part of it. That line is confusing I would bet for even a casual reader, but it's a reminder that Tywin Lannister just "won" the war, and Jaime's release let it happen. I'm sure Roose knows Cersei is thrilled too. It's definitely not the same but I still think it fulfills what it needs to.

In fact I'd bet even with the simplification people won't remember it since it was delivered a bit hastily, and show-watching doesn't really invoke the same level of analysis of such words that book-readings does.

Yeah. I remember when my dad read the RW he called me up and asked if Jaime was behind it. :lol: Show-only viewers would have been totally bumfuzzled.

I always imagined Roose slowly walking up to Robb and then deftly and swiftly stabbing him while coldly and quietly saying the words. In the show it was super fast and he sounded pissed.

It was definitely a good choice to have Bolton saying the Lannisters instead of Jaime. I expect Jaime is starting to come across as flawed character but not simply 'one of the bad guys' anymore. That would associate Jaime with a massacre that clearly has most people outraged.

It would be Jaime's fault that Roose betrayed the starks but that's where it stops

Now it can still be Jaime's fault in the show but can't make his redemption too hard now

It can't be Jaime's fault on the show because Bolton antagonized the Kingslayer since he arrived to Harrenhal: teasing him about Cersei's fate at first, then taking Brienne away from him the moment he sensed Jaime was invested in her.

It just wouldn't make sense for them to plot something together.

Jaime was in the exact same spot as Robb was as far as Brienne was concerned. The only difference is that the bear didn't stab her in the stomach.

I think roose like LF when he told lysa he only ever loved her sister before he pushed her to her death just injoyes pushing the knive a little further before he stapped him in the back. I don't see how he will benefit and ppl won't forget that he's the one that put the sword thru robb's heart, and saying tywin set you up isnt gonna undo what he did in anyone's eyes. I think just incase robb had any doubts he wanted him to know he and walder betrayed him to tywin and this has long been set up rather than just him not marrying a girl.

So with the season 3 soundtrack released , and with Jaime telling Roose bolton to tell Robb Stark "the lannisters send their regards" its seems obvious that this will replace Roose saying "Jaime Lannister sends his regards".

My question is does this have significant impact for Jaime Lannisters story in "The Winds Of Winter". I was under the impression that uncat would be pissed at Jaime beacuse this is what Roose says as Robb is killed , implying to her that Jaime betrayed their arangment and was in on the whole red wedding plot so when the wench leads Jaime to uncat this will be on uncat's mind when she is deciding his fate.

Now that in the upcoming episode that line will be replaced with " the lannisters send their regards" what do you guys think it means for Jaime's faith in The Winds Of Winter.

Nothing chances, UnCat still have plenty of good reasons to want Jaime dead. Bran's fall being the most obvious one, but he's also a leader of her enemies currently.

Archived