[BOOK SPOILERS} The Lannister's send their regards.

Because not everybody pays as much attention as they should. There are book readers who thought Jaime was responsible for the RW. That should tell you enough. And don't forget the bunch of people who after 3 seasons still think Dany's first name is Khaleesi. If they left that line we would have the forum inundated by posts saying "OMG JAIME LANNISTER KILLED ROBB, SO HORRIBLE INNIT!"

Yep. That's one my friends, who isn't all that bright. She'd be screaming, "OH MY GOD JAIME KILLED HIM!?!?!" right in the middle of the scene if they kept that line, I swear it....my SO who hates the show and barely pays attention would probably say, "huh?" I understand why they left it out and I'm okay with it, and I'm a pretty diehard book purist.

Tbf, the first time I read SoS I was quite young and when I read that line I thought "WTF Jaime what?!", and had to go back a re-read a few things. It was ambiguous, and while I'm quite a book purist too this change makes total sense.

I would just think they have to keep the RW sequence as true as possible to the books....it's such a game changing event in the story ...I can't see them changing much of the lines. If I remember correctly I think Jaime did tell Roose to send his regards.....which he also did in the book. As for WOW...wll, we don't know what zombie Cat has in store for Jamie. GRRM has that under wraps. I'd be pretty upset if they change that line...."Jaime Lannister sends his regards" should be left in.

I would just think they have to keep the RW sequence as true as possible to the books....it's such a game changing event in the story ...I can't see them changing much of the lines. If I remember correctly I think Jaime did tell Roose to send his regards.....which he also did in the book. As for WOW...wll, we don't know what zombie Cat has in store for Jamie. GRRM has that under wraps. I'd be pretty upset if they change that line...."Jaime Lannister sends his regards" should be left in.

They will change it.I think In the book Roose says "Give my regards to your father" and Jaime says "As long as you give mine to Robb Stark."

In the show Roose says "Give my regards to Lord Tywin" to which Jaime says "Im sorry to miss his Uncles wedding, tell Robb Stark the Lannisters send their regards" or something but They already changed it.

I wish I had the forethought to go online and get a House Bolton shirt... it would have been awesome to hide it under a Stark shirt and then reveal it in the middle of the RW, to the horror of the Unsullied I will be watching with...

Haha, yeah. Excuse yourself to the bathroom, and come back with a different shirt on, and see if anyone notices.

Please dont change it.

It's one of my favorite lines in the books. I see the reasons why they would change it but it is as much part of the red wedding as robb muttering grey wind (probably will be changed) and cat thinking about ned loving her hair (probably also excluded). I just really hope they won't change it since i have been looking forward to the line since season 3 started.

They will change it.I think In the book Roose says "Give my regards to your father" and Jaime says "As long as you give mine to Robb Stark."

In the show Roose says "Give my regards to Lord Tywin" to which Jaime says "Im sorry to miss his Uncles wedding, tell Robb Stark the Lannisters send their regards" or something but They already changed it.

they might have changes the wording at harrenhall.....but I'm talking about the scense with Roose at the RW...they should not change that ....thats a very impactful statement ....

Is anyone else feeling a strange, sort of 'calm before the storm' type of emotion? Like, I've been dreading this day for weeks/months/years but now it has arrived and all I feel is... emptiness.

they might have changes the wording at harrenhall.....but I'm talking about the scense with Roose at the RW...they should not change that ....thats a very impactful statement ....

Indeed.... especially when a mother thinks she has gained an advantage by putting a neck at son and one of her own banner-men simply steps in and give the Lannisters regards to them.....

How could Jaime saying Lannisters instead of my have anything to do with whitewashing? It's just so the unsullied don't get insane because they think Jaime was a part of the plot, which he wasn't. That isn't whitewashing, that is just something that was done to make sure people won't misunderstand.

As for Tyrion, I believe he'll start to change in season 4, and the privy-scene will make him dark Tyrion (as in the books).

That is your interpretation, some people had others. Well no need to discuss it further, In 1.5hours we know whos regards Bolton has send!

Archived