A game of "What Ifs"

thewingedwolf

What if Robb takes Kings Landing and kills the Lannisters and both Baratheon Brothers are dead. Would Robb claim the Iron Throne or will he return North?

He could not do it without help . . . So my guess is something similar to RR would happen where he would support someone else's claim.

What would happen if Bran escaped from Jaimie in time so that he wasn't crippled.

Jaime and Cersei killed, their children likely taken to exile somewhere, as I doubt Ned would let Robert kill them, but he may insist. Then we have the wrath of Tywin to deal with, although unlikely he would prevail in that scenario. We would have war for a while and a bit of a boring story until Dany and fAegon decide to land in Westeros, although I'm sure Varys and LF would find other ways to generate discord among the nobles. Actually this is so complicated I'm going to give up :P

What would happen if Bran escaped from Jaimie in time so that he wasn't crippled.

Maybe he tells Ned, who either tells Robert - in which case Cersei, Jamie and their children die - or he goes to KL knowing what he is looking for - in which case he finds out faster, maybe even before he is injured and Cersei, Jamie and their children die.

What if Tyrion got Sansa pregnant?

Purple Wedding happens but Tywin rigs the later trial to protect his son, who is a valuable piece in the game.

They go to Winterfell, where Tyrion promptly has several Terrible AccidentsTM and Sansa contemplates suicide (cos something like that is bound to mess you up) but because she's a strong girl, rules the North in her child's name.

What if Robert had purged the Small Council when he became King, eliminating Varys, Pycelle and Barristan?

What about the PW however?

Part of Cersei's accusation stemmed from Tyrion being upset from Joeffrey making light of Tyrion and their marriage. I assume if he and Sansa were 'happier', than perhaps those threats never materialize.

why would robb take kings landing and who killed stannis ?

It's a medieval setting. People die all the time. He could have fallen off his horse, gotten sick, or whatever.

I agree that Robb would have had a very hard time seizing the throne, since he had no claim to it at all, and the bannermen who had crowned him had gotten ideas of independence in their heads. Which would have made them reluctant to become part of a unified realm again, I think.

Maybe Edric Storm would have been legitimized, and then married to Sansa or Arya to maintain friendly relations with the Kingdom of the North.

What if Robert had purged the Small Council when he became King, eliminating Varys, Pycelle and Barristan?

Likely Ned comes to KL earlier. The small council looks something like this:

Hand of the King: Jon Arryn

Master of ships: Stannis

Master of coin: Littlefinger

Justiciar: Ned Stark

Master of Laws: Renly

LC of the KG: Arys Oakheart or Merryl Trant

Master of spies: Unknown

Maybe he tells Ned, who either tells Robert - in which case Cersei, Jamie and their children die - or he goes to KL knowing what he is looking for - in which case he finds out faster, maybe even before he is injured and Cersei, Jamie and their children die.

Purple Wedding happens but Tywin rigs the later trial to protect his son, who is a valuable piece in the game.

They go to Winterfell, where Tyrion promptly has several Terrible AccidentsTM and Sansa contemplates suicide (cos something like that is bound to mess you up) but because she's a strong girl, rules the North in her child's name.

it would cause such a long chain of results which would ultimatley lead to danys death and a successful baratheon/actually lannister dynasty

What if Robb takes Kings Landing and kills the Lannisters and both Baratheon Brothers are dead. Would Robb claim the Iron Throne or will he return North?

Then Robb goes home, they make someone, say Mace Tyrell, King on the Iron Throne, and there's some marriages to cement the whole thing (say Willas/Sansa and Robb/Margary) and then everybody goes home, in a couple of generations South and North go to war because thats how the Westerosi roll.

What if Tyrion hadn't shot Tywin or Tywin had survived his wound?

In a Robert Baratheon kind of way I assume?

What if: Jorah Mormont does not capture Tyrion

who else ?

and i think tyrion would advise aegon to wait a litttle and strike kings landing once the tyrells have left and then he could win the tyrells to his cause but that all depends on the outcome of the trial

and i think tyrion would advise aegon to wait a litttle and strike kings landing once the tyrells have left and then he could win the tyrells to his cause but that all depends on the outcome of the trial

Tyrells always were grateful to the Targaryens . . .

What if: Victarion won the Kingsmoot

Archived