Greatest Question Marks of ASOIAF

RhaenysBee

Well, it's made of water. Here's the really interesting bit though: it has salt dissolved in it. How crazy is that? Also, it's to the west of Westeros. The sun sets in the west. So, yeah you guessed it, that's why they call it the Sunset Sea!

Seriously though, what interests you about the Sunset Sea?

What doesn't? The only person known to have deliberately attempted to sail through it never returned, his heir burned the remaining ships. Is it heavily populated by sea creatures? Is their land? NOOONE tries to sail it, people are shocked the ironborn dared sail that far from the coastline into it to avoid detection. Crows-eye claims to have sailed even into Valyria and beyond Asshai but makes no mention of it. I dunno, a sea noone even attempts to sail, there's something up with that.

What doesn't? The only person known to have deliberately attempted to sail through it never returned, his heir burned the remaining ships. Is it heavily populated by sea creatures? Is their land? NOOONE tries to sail it, people are shocked the ironborn dared sail that far from the coastline into it to avoid detection. Crows-eye claims to have sailed even into Valyria and beyond Asshai but makes no mention of it. I dunno, a sea noone even attempts to sail, there's something up with that.

There is an island far to the West of the Iron Islands. I forget what it's called or who lives there, but it's there.

Archived