[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

They can't remove Cold Hands.

Changing Robb's last words to Mommy is one thing, but they can't really take out Cold Hands can they?

I bet they will introduce Coldhands in S4, and only Bran&co will meet him, not Sam&Gilly. Likely to give Bran at least one story in S4.

I feel very confident that Lady Stoneheart will be coming back, regardless of anything that Michelle Fairley says. It's a secret and I doubt she's allowed to even talk about it. And I don't think they'll take out Coldhands either. When's the last time GoT failed to cast a minor but not too minor character that everyone freaked out about not being cast? I remember everyone (myself included) freaking out about the Reeds, Ramsay, BF, Edmure....some minor characters haven't been cast, like Strong Belwas, but no one even really panicked about that one. Coldhands and LS in particular are pretty important to a lot of characters storylines.

they made Jon look like an asshole really, for just leaving her there and she was the victim

The "victim" killed an innocent man for being a witness. But yes, I was dismayed that they didn't have Ygritte try to kill Jon. Fuck "twoo wuvv", I want to see just how ruthless Ygritte can be.

Was anyone else bothered by the Yunkai fight scene? The whole thing felt a bit too flowery and melodramatic. With all the weapon twirling and smiling the fight didn't have any tension, it made me think of a fight out of lord of the rings. I half expected to see Legolas surfing down the stairs shooting arrows at people. I don't know, might just be me. I liked it not.

Its really too bad that Arya didn't get a chance to open Gray Wind's cage so he would have a chance to kill some Frey's before the crossbows got him.

I also can't believe that they killed off Robbs wife. After Frey spent a half hour of screen time raving about how sexy she was I expected him to pour some moon tea down her throat and marry her himself.

And do we really know that Coldhands is cut? Damn that would be a load of dook, especially after that tease with all the crows following Sam. Surely they can work in Sam getting ambushed on his way to the Wierwood door by some of the zombified deserters from Crasters keep. This would allow Coldhands to show up for a handy rescue and leave him ready to act as tour guide for Bran when he comes through the gate. Or maybe they will just have Bran run into him next season, its a long way to that CotF cave after all.

Overall very good episode, not much to complain about except that the season is almost over. :(

I don't like that they're trying to make Jon a "badass" character with the "you were right the whole time" line.

good point, actually. not something I imagine Jon to ever say.

Also, where are all of the crowns? Robb isn't wearing a crown, Dany no crown, can't remember if Stannis donned a crown or not, even Joff isn't wearing a crown.

What is a King without a crown (didn't mean to quote matisyahu there)?

"A crown for King"- Khal Drogo

I wondered why the King In The North, his queen, and his mother all show up for the wedding of Lord Tully (said King's uncle) wearing their most drab outfits. I realize that they can't run off to Rodeo Drive and buy some nice formal wear; but didn't they have tailors and materials at Riverrun? Why wasn't Robb wearing a grey and white direwolf-emblazoned cloak instead of the usual furs? Why wasn't he wearing a crown? Why did his wife and mother look as fashion-challenged as the Frey women? I vaguely remember Edmure looking like he was wearing something appropriate for a high lord of Westeros getting married, but he was the only one who looked like he'd washed his hair and put on something nice.

Was anyone else bothered by the Yunkai fight scene? The whole thing felt a bit too flowery and melodramatic. With all the weapon twirling and smiling the fight didn't have any tension, it made me think of a fight out of lord of the rings. I half expected to see Legolas surfing down the stairs shooting arrows at people. I don't know, might just be me. I liked it not.

Yep. That fight was ridiculous. Based on what we've seen them do in the show, you'd think Daario, Jorah and Grey Worm are the best fighters in the realm.

My nitpicks:

• Greywind not getting a chance to tear up some Frey ass.
  • The Hound not getting a chance to tear up some Frey ass.
  • Still lamenting the lack of loyal northern bannermen.
  • No Face clawing.
  • Why did Orell not use his eagle to scout out the tower if he thought he heard shouting? Plothole much.

Selmy drinking from a wine goblet as a body guard in the Queensguard seemed massively out of character. The last seconds of the episode. Some action sceens seem to well choreographed with pause for weapon spinning. Instead of being like the slaughter at the Red Wedding the fluidity and pace when those crossbow bolts are flying and Frey's knives are stabbing.

I really enjoyed this episode

The "victim" killed an innocent man for being a witness. But yes, I was dismayed that they didn't have Ygritte try to kill Jon. Fuck "twoo wuvv", I want to see just how ruthless Ygritte can be.

Yeah, me too. I'm glad Jon is turning into a more book Jon, albeit sloooowly, and I like j/Y being a bit more of a love story but she should be more of a wildling.

The Hound not getting a chance to tear up some Frey ass.

It could be in next episode, the preview indicates that we'll see more of the fighting the camp, and there're a few shots of Arya and the Hound riding through it. Or maybe the fight at the inn will be between the Hound and some Frey men? Perhaps him against the guy that stopped him and Arya at the gate, in which case Arya could stab him whilst saying some reference to what he said at the RW to replace the Tickler.

All the gratuitous throat slashing...it was like watching an old Friday the 13th. The over the top gore really cheapened it, they should have only had one terrible gory moment and been more tasteful with the rest, it would have had more impact. But again, this is just the way these guys run the show--beat you over the head with all the great stuff Martin did in his books. He should have been more involved with the writing and direction of this episode, or maybe he was--but either way, how many throat slashes per minute can there be without it becoming comical? Once that chick got stabbed in the baby I started laughing, which is the complete opposite of my reaction when I read that chapter all those years ago.

Can I say the book is a billion times better?

What an odd little comment.

Yeah, me too. I'm glad Jon is turning into a more book Jon, albeit sloooowly, and I like j/Y being a bit more of a love story but she should be more of a wildling.

We get a shot of Ygritte angrily pointing her bow at something in the ep10 preview, so maybe she's hunting Jon?

It could be in next episode, the preview indicates that we'll see more of the fighting the camp, and there're a few shots of Arya and the Hound riding through it. Or maybe the fight at the inn will be between the Hound and some Frey men? Perhaps him against the guy that stopped him and Arya at the gate, in which case Arya could stab him whilst saying some reference to what he said at the RW to replace the Tickler.

I hope so, although I'd rather they'd put all the chaos in E9 and left E10 for the desolate aftermath. Seems they're picking up right were they left off, whereas I was hoping for a time skip.

I feel very confident that Lady Stoneheart will be coming back, regardless of anything that Michelle Fairley says. It's a secret and I doubt she's allowed to even talk about it. And I don't think they'll take out Coldhands either. When's the last time GoT failed to cast a minor but not too minor character that everyone freaked out about not being cast? I remember everyone (myself included) freaking out about the Reeds, Ramsay, BF, Edmure....some minor characters haven't been cast, like Strong Belwas, but no one even really panicked about that one. Coldhands and LS in particular are pretty important to a lot of characters storylines.

I hope so, but she sounded very convincing...talking about cutting her hair and how she's had to keep it long and keep coloring it...and Lene Heady tweeted she would miss her "pal"..kind of like in the interviews w/Oona Chaplin where she talks about the love story and its obvious her character wasnt a spy.

Stoneheart doesn't really do anything that somebody else can't do and if GRRM is planning on having Jamie or Brienne kill her off, then she isn't needed for the plot goimg forward

(copied from the general discussion thread, hope it fits here also)

From where I stand, the public reaction to Red Wedding doesn’t seem to be near the reaction to Ned’s death. Now, I don’t have “twitter” nor “facebook” account, so I might be wrong and those two may be going crazy at this very moment. Suffice to say, my overview of the rest of the internet is also very limited. But, the reaction in general does seem pretty quiet, like nothing extraordinary happened. On boards I checked, some posters do claim they're done with the show, but that looks like the only real clue that RW just happened on screens. And some of the first reviews of the episode (Allan Sepinwal’s, for example), only strengthened the impression that HBO’s RW is not the ground-shaking event many expected, certainly not on the level of Ned’s beheading.

Did anybody get a different, or maybe opposite impression?

without a doubt. Tv robb deserved it. Ned didnt

Archived