[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

I hope so, but she sounded very convincing...talking about cutting her hair and how she's had to keep it long and keep coloring it...and Lene Heady tweeted she would miss her "pal"..kind of like in the interviews w/Oona Chaplin where she talks about the love story and its obvious her character wasnt a spy.

Stoneheart doesn't really do anything that somebody else can't do and if GRRM is planning on having Jamie or Brienne kill her off, then she isn't needed for the plot goimg forward

You might be right. I know GoT wants to tread somewhat lightly with the fantasy stuff so they don't lose viewers (although people love the dragons and direwolves), hence why they spend most of their time in KL. Sometimes I wonder if they think LS would just be too "over-the-top" or something. Having a dead main character come back to life. I hope our fears are unfounded though. I would hate to see Brienne and Jaime storylines totally changed like that.

I saw it, and it does sound convincing, but it really doesn't necessarily mean anything even so. I remember mid-season in TWD one of the actors and producers both said his character was safe and then he was killed off. And they were pretty convincing as well. And it's not the first time I've seen it. Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful :P

Regarding Lady Stoneheart and Michelle... I saw it before on this board when people were complaining about the show focusing more on cheesy love story between Robb and Talisa than on Cat's story. What if we get Talisa as Lady Stoneheart?

Regarding Lady Stoneheart and Michelle... I saw it before on this board when people were complaining about the show focusing more on cheesy love story between Robb and Talisa than on Cat's story. What if we get Talisa as Lady Stoneheart?

This forum would explode, that's for sure.

You might be right. I know GoT wants to tread somewhat lightly with the fantasy stuff so they don't lose viewers (although people love the dragons and direwolves), hence why they spend most of their time in KL. Sometimes I wonder if they think LS would just be too "over-the-top" or something. Having a dead main character come back to life. I hope our fears are unfounded though. I would hate to see Brienne and Jaime storylines totally changed like that.

I saw it, and it does sound convincing, but it really doesn't necessarily mean anything even so. I remember mid-season in TWD one of the actors and producers both said his character was safe and then he was killed off. And they were pretty convincing as well. And it's not the first time I've seen it. Or maybe I'm just being too hopeful :P

Yeah, I don't know, I've finally been brought around to the belief that I initially rejected that D&D just don't like the Stark storyline very much except for Arya.

When I read the resurection epilogue I was like GOOD, hang some more Freys, it was a tiny little bit of payback...but in the scheme of things, Stoneheart doesn't do much...she hangs the Frey guy when we first see her and then we don't see her again [i think?] until Dance when she grabs Brienne, so from a plot point, IF GRRM isn't planning on any big future scenes, like Arya and Stoneheart eventually reunited in the Riverlands or something along those lines, then its fairly easy to get rid of, they can always just have the BWB take Brienne hostage when it comes time for that part.

Yeah, I don't know, I've finally been brought around to the belief that I initially rejected that D&D just don't like the Stark storyline very much except for Arya.

When I read the resurection epilogue I was like GOOD, hang some more Freys, it was a tiny little bit of payback...but in the scheme of things, Stoneheart doesn't do much...she hangs the Frey guy when we first see her and then we don't see her again [i think?] until Dance when she grabs Brienne, so from a plot point, IF GRRM isn't planning on any big future scenes, like Arya and Stoneheart eventually reunited in the Riverlands or something along those lines, then its fairly easy to get rid of, they can always just have the BWB take Brienne hostage when it comes time for that part.

:ack:

I was disappointed how Jon's relationship with the wildlings took such a sudden turn with the event. Obviously it had to reach this conclusion, but with Tormund it went from "We're cool" to mildly suspicious to "Kill him!". Didn't seem to befit the character who is a bit more honorable than that, I think.

I wondered why the King In The North, his queen, and his mother all show up for the wedding of Lord Tully (said King's uncle) wearing their most drab outfits. I realize that they can't run off to Rodeo Drive and buy some nice formal wear; but didn't they have tailors and materials at Riverrun? Why wasn't Robb wearing a grey and white direwolf-emblazoned cloak instead of the usual furs? Why wasn't he wearing a crown? Why did his wife and mother look as fashion-challenged as the Frey women? I vaguely remember Edmure looking like he was wearing something appropriate for a high lord of Westeros getting married, but he was the only one who looked like he'd washed his hair and put on something nice.

Yes!! And lol at the "as fashion-challenged as the Freys"! Completely agree. Also, as long as we are on the topic of clothes here, WHY is Dany wearing the SAME blue tunic in every single episode??? She changed ONCE when she had on that white dress, then she went right back to wearing that same blue tunic! The costumes on this show are usually spectacular, but (with the exception of Marg's awesome wardrobe) I have to raise one eyebrow at some of the choices made this season.

In the book Roslin is crying throughout and starts poisitivley wailing at the bedding ceremony. I thought it gave an ominouos air to the proceedings, so they could have shown it in the film.

Re: Lady Stoneheart. I wish they just missed her out altogether.

I have to agree, I was expecting Roslin to be bawling all over the place, and was looking forward to Edmure being perplexed by it all. It's a minor nitpick, though.

Okay, I have to ask, I'm so curious.. why don't people here like Lady Stoneheart? I thought that was a brilliant twist in the books, and was glad Cat came back, even as UnCat as she was! No one thought Beric coming back to life 6 or 7 times was a little silly, but everyone hates the idea of Lady Stoneheart? :(

My issues with this episode:

1. I thought that the entire episode should have been at the Twins, just like Blackwater last season. They could have shown the first meeting with the Frey's when GW lashed-out at one of them and acted all uneasy. Would have conveyed that even GW knew that something was not right here. They could have also taken the time to better show how many Stark soldiers were actually there for the wedding in the surrounding tents. I know that they showed some horseplaying and what not, but an aerial shot of all the tents and camps would have been great.

2. Scale of everything was not big enough, but it's only TV I guess. Even the hall where the massacre took place seemed too small to me.

3. I really felt like the actor that played Walder Frey approached the role a little differently this time. In Season 1, he truly seemed like some super crusty old man who barely knew what was going on. This time, he seemed much too "with it" and "together" to me. He did not seem nearly as old as in Season 1. He played it this time like a modern-day pervy old man and not some old medeivel lord who has lost half his marbles. I thought that his whole look at Robb and "wink wink, hey she's not too bad, huh" expression when his daughter was revealed was very out of character. Is it just me?

4. Not nearly enough chaos outside of the Twins. Things seemed too calm. Again, this goes back to scale. I just don't feel like they handled the exterior scenes very well.

5. I really wanted to, but I just could not get into the scenes with Arya and the hound. Again, if the entire episode would have been at the Twins, they could have spent much more time on their story. It felt very rushed to me from the time they got there until the end. They could have spent more time on them wandering through the camps on their way to the castle gates, and more anticipation on trying to get in.

6. No hound fighting Frey solders. I guess that this could happen next week, but I think that the entire RW events should have been in the one episode and not spread out between two episodes. Same with the burning tents. This was such a huge part of the RW and one aspect that really stood out to me.

7. Am I the only one who hates Daario Naharis?

I wondered why the King In The North, his queen, and his mother all show up for the wedding of Lord Tully (said King's uncle) wearing their most drab outfits. I realize that they can't run off to Rodeo Drive and buy some nice formal wear; but didn't they have tailors and materials at Riverrun? Why wasn't Robb wearing a grey and white direwolf-emblazoned cloak instead of the usual furs? Why wasn't he wearing a crown? Why did his wife and mother look as fashion-challenged as the Frey women? I vaguely remember Edmure looking like he was wearing something appropriate for a high lord of Westeros getting married, but he was the only one who looked like he'd washed his hair and put on something nice.

I know there is such a thing as a budget on this show, but I Just laugh at how it seems like every character just wears the exact same clothes to everything for the year or so (I forget the exact length of time that's passed) since King Robert first came to Winterfell.

Catelyn always has that dark green velvet looking dress, Cersei's always in her red dress, Tywin's always in that black coat, etc. etc. I can understand it for someone like Jon who's obviously wearing a sort of uniform and could get away with wearing the same thing every episode, but the Queen Regent? She should be wearing a different dress every day, she's part of one of the richest families in Westeros!

...it made me think of a fight out of lord of the rings. I half expected to see Legolas surfing down the stairs shooting arrows at people. I don't know, might just be me. I liked it not.

It's actually really funny that you mention this, because every time I see Daario Naharis I can't stop wondering if the actor played an elf in the LOTR movies, he's just got that face that makes him look like one ya know?

The clothing IS a nit pick, but it would have been nice to see the King in the North and his mother dressed up in Stark colors and looking regal for a change instead of wearing the same old clothes they've been wearing for the last 3 years. A new outfit for each of them surely wouldn't break the bank.

Arya not letting Grey Wind out. That would've been a great deviation, and have led right into the wolf's howling death after siccing some Frey goons.

Roose not having his evil costume switch was a minor quibble, but eh. Without Ramsay doing the same thing a book earlier, it would've lost its punch anyway.

Okay, I have to ask, I'm so curious.. why don't people here like Lady Stoneheart? I thought that was a brilliant twist in the books, and was glad Cat came back, even as UnCat as she was! No one thought Beric coming back to life 6 or 7 times was a little silly, but everyone hates the idea of Lady Stoneheart? :(

I have such a love/hate relationship with Lady Stoneheart. I really liked Cat so having her come back and start taking revenge on Freys and Lannisters seemed like a blessing at first. It didn't take long however to realize that Robb was the lucky one and she got the short end of the stick. It is heartbreaking to watch such a compassionate character to be reduced to someone who just seeks vengeance at all costs and does not care about justice or mercy anymore. So I hate LS and hate GRRM for what he did to Cat but I also love how he shows us through her that death is not always the worst faith. Such a tragic story.

Archived