[BOOK SPOILERS] Nitpick without repercussion?

teemo

Why rearrange Talisa's uterus with a knife instead of just slitting her throat?

Was there really any need for that other than HBO's typical shock value?

I think HBO wanted to pile on the pathos along with the shock value; but I can see why Walder Frey would have ordered the specific strike on Talisa's pregnant belly - he views her pregnancy as a very visible insult to House Frey; she is carrying what he believes should have been his grandchild, the King of the North's firstborn child was supposed to be born of a Frey mother.

I think HBO wanted to pile on the pathos along with the shock value; but I can see why Walder Frey would have ordered the specific strike on Talisa's pregnant belly - he views her pregnancy as a very visible insult to House Frey; she is carrying what he believes should have been his grandchild, the King of the North's firstborn child was supposed to be born of a Frey mother.

My only thing I wonder about is how they knew? She wasn't exactly showing very much, unless she did in fact look bigger and I wasn't paying that close of attention? The only thing I can think of is overhearing the baby talk. But am I wrong and Talisa was in fact showing signs of pregnancy? (Aside from Robb touching her stomach which would be a good visible indication.)

How come no one else seemed to notice the band playing the Rains of Castamere except Catelyn?

/nitpick

My Unsullied friend actually had this question as well :P Very odd.

What happened to Wren Ros Elliot-Sloan ?

Dany's Blood Rider right to the episode 10 season 2.

We see her Dothraki clan in the background now and then , but this character vanished.

They killed off one blood riders S2, keep one around, and never explained what happened to the others.

Mr 'gray beard' Dothraki , never caught his name, ain't in the background either.

Minor matters , but I am always curious.

My only thing I wonder about is how they knew? She wasn't exactly showing very much, unless she did in fact look bigger and I wasn't paying that close of attention? The only thing I can think of is overhearing the baby talk. But am I wrong and Talisa was in fact showing signs of pregnancy? (Aside from Robb touching her stomach which would be a good visible indication.)

Well, he did say he can always tell what's going on beneath a womans dress.

It would only take a small bump on her otherwise perfect figure to give it a way, I guess.

EW came in the mail today, and according to this brilliant writer the RW is tougher on viewers than readers because Robb gets a lot more time and Catelyn is much more sympathetic in the show.

That's nice. I'm sure s/he read the books.

EW came in the mail today, and according to this brilliant writer the RW is tougher on viewers than readers because Robb gets a lot more time and Catelyn is much more sympathetic in the show.

That's nice. I'm sure s/he read the books.

What? Crazy talk. More screen time doesn't equal more likeable. And the fact they think Cat is sympathetic, when there's been a few scenes that otherwise makes her look bad..

All I got to say is wow, lol.

What? Crazy talk. More screen time doesn't equal more likeable. And the fact they think Cat is sympathetic, when there's been a few scenes that otherwise makes her look bad..

All I got to say is wow, lol.

Oh, and also because "Madden is a dreamy fan favorite."

Oh, and also because "Madden is a dreamy fan favorite."

I can understand the part of fan girls, but people in the book can't like/'fan girl-ize' Madden and be just as devastated by his death? I don't understand that. I cried just as much watching the show and poor Grey Wind, Robb, and Cat as I did in reading the books. (Which amazingly I accidentally spoiled myself to in the books so I knew before hand both times and still felt so emotional about it.) I was literally depressed and dreading it every Sunday for weeks up until this episode. Pretty sad of me, I know.

The things people say. Wow. Somehow unsullied are always the more emotionally invested. LOL.

I found some moments in this episode to be rather cheesy. All that smuggling and cuddling beetwen Talisa and Robb. And then, mentioning little Eddard Stark. D&D must be so subtle. And then belly stabbing. Of course... because she's pregnant, you know. Because it is not obvious at all that D&D made her pregnant with little Ned just so they can belly stab her. Because that's supposed to bring out our emotions. A real tear jerker. And because simple throat cutting an unpregnant woman is simply not enough.

I'm sorry, D&D. You've butchered some of the really great characters and ripped off Cat of her storyline. I could care less about cheesy love story and poorly written character.

I'd wager that they did it "just in case". They'd have known the wedding was consumated and many more times afterwards as young couples are wont to do, and the Freys would just assume that she most likely is pregnant by then.

How come no one else seemed to notice the band playing the Rains of Castamere except Catelyn?

/nitpick

Same thought passed my mind. My girlfriend suggested that perhaps all the North guests were too drunk to notice/care; I'm willing to live with that reasoning :P

I really wish Greywind had died fighting.

I didn't like Talisa being there/being pregnant. Her death was gratuitous, and almost comical it was so over the top, and I didn't even like Talisa.

No drums was lame, and the musicians should have been bad.

And I wish Catelyn had gone a little more insane with grief in her final moments.

Comment from the Unsullied (http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/topic/3204374-completely-unspoiled-speculation/page-213):

Just a note, Rob's army wasn't at the Twins. He traveled first to Riverrun and then to the Twins with a small honor guard. We saw them on the road when Karstark called grandpa Tully's funeral a distraction. It wouldn't make any sense to bring his whole army to the wedding, how would you feed them, plus it would have been really, really difficult for Frey to have marched out and killed a whole army. Nobody has enough booze to get that many men drunk. The army of the north is still out there though sorely in need of leadership.

Of course, the army of the north isn't still out there, but the commenter is right that there wasn't really a reason for the whole army to be at the Twins when the plan was to take Casterly Rock (rather than Moat Cailin).

Archived