CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

well I've seen lots of peeps baffled about why the fuck did Jon Snow leave Ygritte behind and just ride off on a horse, but wasn't it because he was riding after the falcon/eagle so he could stop the falcon/eagle signaling the rest of the wildlings?

I also thought that Arya meant Jaqen H'ghar when he said she knows a real killer :P I didn't think about it till after the show.

and WTF they didn't show the fucking epic siege that was going down in Yunkai... I guess it was because of the budget >.>

and how the fuck did Cat know the song The Rains of Castamere? is it an extra thing from the books or sth? and if so why the fuck didn't she react EARLIER!!!

and lol I wonder what happened to Edmure's uncle as he went to find a tree to piss :L

and I think they should've named the episode So close, yet so far, but idk it might've been a spoiler? but uhh I kinda believe Rains of Castamere was a spoiler... as soon as they started playing Rains of Castamere I knew some shit's gonna go down..

No spoilers.

I can't tell you all you want to know but i can tell you this. The Rains of Castamere is a famous song in Westeros, everyone knows it.

Yunkai? Not sure what happened there, seemed like something got cut. Maybe a flashback next week. Major battle going on outside the Twins though.

Probably did mean Jaquen.

I am pretty sure Jon told you why he left. And nobody can catch an eagle on a horse. Unless the eagle can't fly. Seems pretty obvious why he left Yiggy. Giantsbane and Jon both kept her out of the fight. Do you remember the Night's Watch vows? And what did Jon say about the Night's watch to Orell right when he was gutting him?

Only small spoiler I see here is Blackfish being in Riverrun and not at the RW, but again logical assumption would be he would run back home to Riverrun - to defend it, maybe organize rescue mission for Edmure etc. :)

Yes, that's what I was referring to. For show-only people it's currently completely unclear what has happened to Blackfish, even whether he's dead or alive. I'm sure many are guessing according to your logic, but nothing is known.

It's a little thing, but there's so few threads on this forum for non-readers I felt I should say something. Plus I know how easy it is to spoil without realizing--I do it to my bf all the time. :-)

No spoilers.

I can't tell you all you want to know but i can tell you this. The Rains of Castamere is a famous song in Westeros, everyone knows it.

Yunkai? Not sure what happened there, seemed like something got cut. Maybe a flashback next week. Major battle going on outside the Twins though.

Probably did mean Jaquen.

I am pretty sure Jon told you why he left. And nobody can catch an eagle on a horse. Unless the eagle can't fly. Seems pretty obvious why he left Yiggy. Giantsbane and Jon both kept her out of the fight. Do you remember the Night's Watch vows? And what did Jon say about the Night's watch to Orell right when he was gutting him?

I believe in the Dany scene right before Jorah gets friendzoned, Jorah mentions that they were able to talk the slave army to join Dany instead of fighting them.

I understand why they would cut the yunkai battle as budget but what happened when grey worm, daario and jorah were surrounded... how did they get from that point to victory?

I was absolutely gutted when the main starks were wiped out, yes robbs uncle admure probably got killed after being carried out.... maybe blackfish and catelyns uncle got away but i doubt it by the looks of it.

One thing i do not understand is the stark army was alot bigger in number than freys and boltons contributions to it... so as for a massacre i doubt that would happen, either way i did not see this coming so i was shocked.

Literally speechless.

On the other hand i thought Robb would have been suspicious atleast and had something up his sleeve. He never did trust frey so i thought he may have had a plan of somesort?

Arya obviously meant jaqen, that came across clearly, but her response to Sandor "The Hound" Clegane was hilarious, especially knocking out the old man, left him stumped.

Questions of the stark armys fate is a question needing answered since they cannot have been wiped out over night. Now if Dany has just claimed anywhere near the 200,000 slaves from yunkai and made them warriors under her command... that would make a little over 240,000 .. take away any fallen from the battle of yunkai, with ships, gold and 3 dragons.... i think shes ready?.... maybe let the dragons grow abit more but atm shes the leading contender?

I see episode 10 preview has Yara Greyjoy... will she find theon?

Ive never been so attached to a story in my life... i was rooting for the north. Now what?

Just a quick one aswell, Jon obviously left to warn castle black showing where his allegience has always been.... that left Ygritte thinking hes betrayed her trust and love for him..... i wonder how she will react to that?

I'm maybe wrong but I think they didn't have full Starks army with them (maybe some stayed back in Riverrun etc.) and it was a wedding so most of them were probably wasted, while Freys were probably more sober because they knew what is going to happen.

And, I don't know if I should say this - probably isn't a spoiler, but if you remember at starting scene with Freys they all got "salt & bread" and Lord Frey offered them his hospitality and protection, so they probably thought they are safe.

Edited by Eizweix

I don't know about you guys , but on a sick level , I started liking "walter" Frey. In the books I hated his guts with utmost passion but the way "Flich" portrayed me was quite cool.

I especially liked the look he gives to Robb after he showed Roslin to Edmure.

Yeah i hope most of the army stayed back, but with Robb being their with his Queen you can imagine his best soldiers being there, who will take charge of the northern army, which now has less chance of defeating the lannisters. After Lord Frey was rude after the apoligy was given, i thought Robb would have sensed something. Wasnt it said Lord Frey once did not show up to a battle until after it was finished, so therefore you would not walk easily into his company without keeping your wits about you.

Ok! i am still crying...

I didnt read the books, but I knew what was going to happen, not by my choice but for the spoilers on the net. And when I first heard about it I was crashed I didnt want to believ it and I didnt want to watch it. And few weeks went by and I thought I was fine with it and I tryed to see why it had to happen cause Robb made so many mistakes in his desisions but still IT HURTS LIKE HELL. Bloodshed... Everyone... Arya... Poor poor girl. I realy hope she gets her five minutes of killing them all, one day. And when that day comes I will love every second of it. It was so moving episode... @Dont you want to teach little Ned to ride@ ... It was hartbreaking...

Whole episode was about hartbreaking... Jon Snow leaving Ygrett like that, Her face when she saw him leave, how crushed was she? I was all WTF Jon? Dont leave your woman like that, you are a Stark!!!!!!!

Bran telling Rickon he has to go ... Poor little kid. I just wanted to hug him and tell him everything is going to be ok, even dough it is a lie.

This will leave a deep mark on me, and I was stupid enough to thing it wont. Getting over this will be hard, cause when injustice happens to good people, you wander where the hell the world is going. And for that matter I hope... no... I am cheering that all of Lannisters and Boltons die, one by one... in the great pain.

RIP :cheers: :crying:

I understand why they would cut the yunkai battle as budget but what happened when grey worm, daario and jorah were surrounded... how did they get from that point to victory?

I was absolutely gutted when the main starks were wiped out, yes robbs uncle admure probably got killed after being carried out.... maybe blackfish and catelyns uncle got away but i doubt it by the looks of it.

One thing i do not understand is the stark army was alot bigger in number than freys and boltons contributions to it... so as for a massacre i doubt that would happen, either way i did not see this coming so i was shocked.

Literally speechless.

On the other hand i thought Robb would have been suspicious atleast and had something up his sleeve. He never did trust frey so i thought he may have had a plan of somesort?

Arya obviously meant jaqen, that came across clearly, but her response to Sandor "The Hound" Clegane was hilarious, especially knocking out the old man, left him stumped.

Questions of the stark armys fate is a question needing answered since they cannot have been wiped out over night. Now if Dany has just claimed anywhere near the 200,000 slaves from yunkai and made them warriors under her command... that would make a little over 240,000 .. take away any fallen from the battle of yunkai, with ships, gold and 3 dragons.... i think shes ready?.... maybe let the dragons grow abit more but atm shes the leading contender?

I see episode 10 preview has Yara Greyjoy... will she find theon?

Ive never been so attached to a story in my life... i was rooting for the north. Now what?

Don't forget that along with the Frey's, Bolton and his army switched sides too. That got the numbers closer to 50/50. Also all the northern army were drunk, which is what they were trying to show in the scene with the 2 guys wrestling. With the fact that, one, the army is drunk, and, two, they have no idea anything like this is gonna happen, gives a huge advantage to the Frey/Bolton army. There are also other things that made it easier for the Frey/Bolton's that it looks like they are gonna explain next episode so i will refrain from saying anything now.

I was so traumatized by this episode (i started watching the show in may, have all caught up and waiting for episodes since episode 5 of season 3), that I made this account to talk to other people affected the same way :(

But now that I've calmed down, I have a few questions that I want to throw out. Are the starks (and by extension the north's rebellion) done? All of the "adult" starks are dead, the only ones left are bran, the cripple riding the legendary Hodor, rikkon, who really has done nothing in the tv series, arya, who has yet to learn how to kill like jaqen (i hope she does), and sanza, who i wouldn't bet against dying at the hands of the lannisters, now that the starks are out of the picture.

all of the northern leaders are dead, presumably all of their men were killed at the RW (when the frey men charged outside to kill them), meanwhile the north is occupied by the greyjoys and the wildlings are coming down and doing their pillaging and what not, plus winter is coming. i don't see how the north could come back from this, especially winterfell seeing how its all burnt down and winter is coming soon, so does this mean the end of starks ruling the north?

Edited by gwok

I was so traumatized by this episode (i started watching the show in may, have all caught up and waiting for episodes since episode 5 of season 3), that I made this account to talk to other people affected the same way :(

But now that I've calmed down, I have a few questions that I want to throw out. Are the starks (and by extension the north's rebellion) done? All of the "adult" starks are dead, the only ones left are bran, the cripple riding the legendary Hodor, rikkon, who really has done nothing in the tv series, arya, who has yet to learn how to kill like jaqen (i hope she does), and sanza, who i wouldn't bet against dying at the hands of the lannisters, now that the starks are out of the picture.

all of the northern leaders are dead, presumably all of their men were killed at the RW (when the frey men charged outside to kill them), meanwhile the north is occupied by the greyjoys and the wildlings are coming down and doing their pillaging and what not, plus winter is coming. i don't see how the north could come back from this, especially winterfell seeing how its all burnt down and winter is coming soon, so does this mean the end of starks ruling the north?

The Lannisters would not kill Sansa. With Robb dead, and Bran and Rikkon, presumingly dead, Sansa becomes the heir to Winterfell. Meaning at this moment, according to most of Westeros, Tyrion is now the Lord of Winterfell.

Well this question is pretty difficult to answer without giving away details. The way I would look at it is that we know the North is pretty huge. Cersei makes a comment to Joffrey in S1 that its too large to be held by an outside force.

Given its size there are most likely a lot of houses, perhaps not as major as Bolton or Karstark, that we just don't know yet.

So the chances of Starks ruling the North again rest solely on whether the Ironborn can be defeated in the North, which you'd think even the conspiring northerners like Roose Bolton will want to do, and whether there are other Northern houses that will try to rally against Bolton and co. and restore a Stark to power. Right now the only possibilities are Bran and Rickon, who would have to be found and also not be presumed dead as they are now, or if Jon Snow was to be legitimized as a Stark, whose vows to the Night's Watch poses a major complication to that.

I understand now the whole of the stark/northern army was not actually at the RW so that would leave an army still defending the land in the name of the late Robb, regardless of the ruler dead there would be a rally round and a fight still on..... How it will play out i am unsure.

Technically the nights watch is done for, if not maybe for his heroism Jon may be released from said vow and return to his rightfull place?.

Jon would make a great leader, with allies in the nights watch, tyrion hating his father and tyrion holding respect from those he led into battle at blackwater.... i do not see tyrion wanting to wipe the north out, even jaime has had a somewhat change on perspective.... i have no clue what will happen.

People forgetting stannis still has an army and is waiting to attack?..... i hope i have a clearer picture in episode 10.

Jon is a bastard so even tho he is a Stark, people probably wouldn't want to follow him or accept him as a new king - at least not if he would call himself the new king. But I also think he is very loyal to the Nights watch and I doubt he would break his oath - he's a northern and a Stark so he also knows what happens to oath breakers.

And Stannis doesn't have large army, most of it was destroyed / killed in the battle at Blackwater, I think he will need to find some new allies before attacking.

Jon is a bastard so even tho he is a Stark, people probably wouldn't want to follow him or accept him as a new king - at least not if he would call himself the new king. But I also think he is very loyal to the Nights watch and I doubt he would break his oath - he's a northern and a Stark so he also knows what happens to oath breakers.

The way I see it, if Jon didn't break his oath for Ygritte then he won't break his oath for revenge.

He almost did that two seasons ago, when Ned was beheaded, and he came back once his brothers recited the vows.

Considering his actions in the latest episode, I think its safe to say Jon is fully pledge to the Watch by now. He would die in his post, just like it says in his oath.

As of Robb's death, Rickon or Bran are most likely to become King in the North.

Edited by silentwanderer

If the nights watch are destroyed or disbandoned then there is no oath to break, you are right about bran having to take over as king, but until his rightful age who would rule?

Stannis may not have many men left from what he went in with but he still has a great number under his rule.

Along with the priestess.

Due to the best part of the northern army not being at the RW i hope they follow the right person and do not see this as since there lords are dead they hold no vows and need not fight.

One thing i feel this episode missed, which i hope we see in the finale... is dany speaking to the yunkai rep that came to the tent, to claim back the gift she offered him.... as to show to him she was not to be tested, and the look on his face.

Its a shame the battle was not shown at all, not even how it came from daario,jorah and grey worm being surrounded to victory?

Justice is due in so many places right now. I hope they do tie up som parts in the finale and dont leave annoying cliffhangers. They havent so far so cannot imagine they would.

Edited by Rhogantis

CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG

well I've seen lots of peeps baffled about why the fuck did Jon Snow leave Ygritte behind and just ride off on a horse, but wasn't it because he was riding after the falcon/eagle so he could stop the falcon/eagle signaling the rest of the wildlings?

Yes, I was reading last nite about Wargs and found this:

...It is incredibly traumatic for a Warg if the animal whose mind they have entered dies while they are controlling it, but the Warg will survive this. If a Warg's own body is killed while entering the mind of an animal, however, the Warg's human consciousness can live on inside of the animal. When Jon Snow killed the wildling Orell by running him through with his sword Longclaw, with his dying breath Orell managed to warg his mind into his eagle. While Orell's human body died, his consciousness survived in the eagle, and proceeded to claw at Jon's face with his new body's talons until Jon was able to fend him off.
Edited by King in the Caribbean