[Book Spoilers] EP309 Discussion

Ran

I cried. I knew what was coming, and I still cried. When Talisa said "Eddard" I started getting misty-eyed, cause I knew what was coming.. I barely held it together when Arya *almost* saved Grey Wind, but then the end, as soon as Catelyn's throat was opened, the tears started to flow. My unsullied boyfriend was like "did the black guy betray them?" (The Blackfish) "or was he just lucky?" I told him just lucky, cause he had to go pee. :(

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. It was almost as horrifying as when I read it. I just can't even..

I didn't really like Talisa, but starting it all off with stabbing her in the belly made me gasp and instantly made me feel awful. They also tricked me in the end, I thought they'd maybe let Catelyn live but then..again made me gasp.

I'm ready for Stoneheart and some Frey-slaying.

LOVED this episode, my favorite in the series so far. The RW is also one of my favorite chapters in the book and was really anxious to see how the adapted it and I think they did a great job. They found a a proper way to get the Blackfish out of the wedding, so his story line won't change. Also, including Talisa in the RW keeps everything on track about "no loose" ends regarding the heirs of Winterfell and the whole Westerling thing. I liked how Arya was there to see how Grey Wind was killed, I think it makes her character grow even more in this rage/vengance situation.

Maybe I was expecting a little more fighting from the Stark party and of course got the chills when he sends Robb the Lannister's regards.

The Jon Snow/Bran part was also well adapted. I was also waiting for how they were going to show it and I liked the way how they approach the tower and how he manages to escape. I was waiting for Ygritte to shoot the arrow, but I don't think they want to get to that subplot of Jon being injured. And never expected him to have Orell's eagle scratch his face, nice move of finding a way to include that in the show.

And finally Bran and Rickon split.

Loved the face of Jorah Mormont when Daenerys asks him about Darrio Naharis after taking Yunkai.

Sad next week will be the last episode. :(

Shit hit the fan so hard that I had to wait for 15 minutes in order to log in... But that was to be expected.

Still, what got me the most about this episode wasn't even the Red Wedding. It's the way Jojen sees Bran warg Hodor and is not horrified about it, but even a bit giddy. That's an important point. I wonder what, if anything, that teels us about Bran's future in the novels.

Also, lovely Rickon/Bran/Osha moment right there.

I guess that settles the Robb has a secret heir theory and that Jeynes mom really was a huge cunt and gave her moon tea. Good to see they got the Blackfish out of there.

Loved the episode. Did everyone notice Wendel Manderly and his merman brooch? I'm sure the Unsullied will pick that up.

It was excellently done. I thought the substitution of Frey's wife in place of Jinglebell was smartly done- fools should be pruned from TV whenever possible. And it fit; Frey's had so many wives that to cast one away would be nothing to him as to kill a lackwit grandson. I also think having Talissa present was a nice touch. That bit of new imagery made the scene that much more traumatic, and gets rid of a loose end that has been a creative weak spot for a while.

Liked the Bran and Company scenes a lot. They were overdue to show Bran start using his powers voluntarily. The Jon scenes were also good; though I laughed out loud when the eagle was on top of him- It looked like a stuffed animal.

I had to go to the bathroom for some of the Dany stuff so I'll watch that again; I needed some beer to fortify myself for the finale.

I am grateful that I did not have to watch Grey Wind's head being sliced off, then Robb's chopped off, and the head sewn on. Perhaps they will refer to that happening in the season finale, or even show a shot of the desecrated body, but that episode was quite enough.

I'm literally at a loss for words. I seriously was almost unaffected when I read it the first time. Something about seeing it visually fucking really ate at me. The belly stabbing at Talisa was fucking awful. Only glimmer was that they didn't kill off Blackfish which was something I was worried about, since they've already made significant departures from the book. I don't know what to say. I'm quitting cigs and I had to go out and bum one after I saw this shit.

Fantastic episode, very happy they went through with all the brutal details of the Red Wedding. My Unsullied husband was shocked.

The Red Wedding was very intense in the book but seeing it on screen had a much bigger impact for me. My heart was pounding as soon as the song started and when the stabbing on Talisa started I did gasp.

I couldn't watch the RW scenes! The buildup was killing me. The parts I watched were perfect, though. I loved Sandor and Arya. I didn't love the Queenscrown scene - I wanted that tower to be in the lake - the wildlings would have gone in for sure. I liked that they brought in the Orell/eagle thing. I kind of loved Jon telling Orell he was right about Jon all along - ha. I think Ygritte should have shot him, though - I think by not doing it, her credibility is really damaged and they realistically would kill her.

I thought that having read it and knowing it was coming would make it easier to watch...I was wrong. That was by far the craziest shit to ever happen on tv and It was amazingly well done. I can't even imagine how I would feel if I hadn't read the books. Now everyone really knows that Martin gives no fucks.