[Book Spoilers] EP309 Discussion

Ran

Wait so I know the show and books are two separate entities, but would Talisa's death mean bye-bye to the pregnant Jeyne theory? We don't see Robb discussing the will at all, so I don't know how it affects the TGNC (although Rickon could still be the centre of the Northern lords' plans as they move to off Stannis and Roose in one fell swoop).

Whew! Stunning, shocking episode, even when you know it's coming.

The acting was so strong throughout the Red Wedding sequence. Catelyn was just excellent, and Walder was so cold and slimy - he and Roose are just perfect for their parts. And Roslin so pretty! The hall at the Twins looked just right with the gloomy dirty luxury. Just like I imagined it.

Honestly, I'm still kinda sitting around and trying to recover from the emotional punch of this episode. Wonderful.

just typed a long post that got deleted/not saved. add frustration to sadness and anger over the episode! wow. I wished Grey Wind would've been able to take a few heads, throats and arms with him before he succumbed instead the frey animals slaughtered him like a beast of burden in a cage!

They made the right choice ending with Catelyn though. Instead of, say Arya being hit over the head by the hound. Man that was affecting!!!! Watching Lady Catelyn just stand their in silence..with no music either from the scene or hbo.....and then......

I love Michelle Fairley - she's a GREAT actress!!

Wait so I know the show and books are two separate entities, but would Talisa's death mean bye-bye to the pregnant Jeyne theory? We don't see Robb discussing the will at all, so I don't know how it affects the TGNC (although Rickon could still be the centre of the Northern lords' plans as they move to off Stannis and Roose in one fell swoop).

Well, i was never a believer on the pregnant Jeyne theory, but as you said they are separate entities, we should not use the show cannon to extrapolate on theories about the books.

I feel like all the good is now gone from the world. Well done. I have one issue. WHERE THE FUCK IS ROBB'S WILL. THATS BULLSHIT, THAT IT WAS WRITTEN OUT.

It was probably excluded because it's not important later.

Reading that in the book was disturbing, but seeing it on TV, the real faces, the real tragedy of the moment, just way more powerful. Reading about a terrible traffic accident in a newspaper is never as powerful and horrible as having to witness it.

That was sad and tragic, I just felt the horror when the Rains of Castamere started to play. When it went to black, I remembered how much all those years agohow AI rages and freaking HATED THE LANNISTERS!!!! I hope the TV viewers have that now.

Loved it. Was disappointed in Grey Wind not killing anyone, and that they had Cat kill the wife of all people instead of an actual Frey. Was it just me or did Talisa look fake as dead when Robb went over to look at his dead wife? But other than that I loved everything else!

Michelle definitely deserves an Emmy.

As soon as he wrapped the bloody "Game of Thrones" scene in which his character, Robb Stark, was killed, actor Richard Madden went straight to the airport and flew home to London.

"And I cried the whole way," Madden said in a recent phone interview. "I was the crazy boy on the plane crying."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/02/game-of-thrones-robb-stark_n_3368224.html