[Book Spoilers] EP309 Discussion

Ran

Meh the Lame Wedding would be a better description.

Sandor not killing anyone, lame.

Grey Wind dying in a cage with a fucking whimper, lame.

Boltons fucking pitiful killing blow, why in the fuck was he acting like an Assassin, the full plate with cloak, striding the length of the hall and stabbing Robb with a sword is epic. That shit was just corny.

Bunch of scene dressing characters get killed, we ment to care why? The Northern Lords have been nothing but one giant fuck up. Apart from Karstark and Greatjon before he vanished.

The ridiculus prison shanking of Talisa. Could have used a goddam axe atleast a nod to Dacey then.

The over use of fucking Knives, for fucking godsake, medieval fanasty, where the fuck were the Axe, Maces and Swords. Were they getting bonuses per throat slit or something.

Not one single fuckin person got hit with a leg of mutton.

I agree the Red Orgy Party from Sparatus season 2, was so much better.

The rest of the episode was pretty good.

Though where the fuck is the Widling story going, how the hell are Tormund and Ygritte ment to attack Castle Black? Jon and the Wolves killed off the other 5 or so Wildlings.

Jon riding up to Castle Black.

OMG Widlings behind the wall, coming to attack us and open the gate!

How many?!?!

Two!

DON'T PANIC, DON'T PANIC!

Meh the Lame Wedding would be a better description.

Sandor not killing anyone, lame.

Grey Wind dying in a cage with a fucking whimper, lame.

Boltons fucking pitiful killing blow, why in the fuck was he acting like an Assassin, the full plate with cloak, striding the length of the hall and stabbing Robb with a sword is epic. That shit was just corny.

Bunch of scene dressing characters get killed, we ment to care why? The Northern Lords have been nothing but one giant fuck up. Apart from Karstark and Greatjon before he vanished.

The ridiculus prison shanking of Talisa. Could have used a goddam axe atleast a nod to Dacey then.

The over use of fucking Knives, for fucking godsake, medieval fanasty, where the fuck were the Axe, Maces and Swords. Were they getting bonuses per throat slit or something.

Not one single fuckin person got hit with a leg of mutton.

I agree the Red Orgy Party from Sparatus season 2, was so much better.

The rest of the episode was pretty good.

Though where the fuck is the Widling story going, how the hell are Tormund and Ygritte ment to attack Castle Black? Jon and the Wolves killed off the other 5 or so Wildlings.

Jon riding up to Castle Black.

OMG Widlings behind the wall, coming to attack us and open the gate!

How many?!?!

Two!

DON'T PANIC, DON'T PANIC!

Wow your friends must love watching the show with you. Lol.

Just an opinion, but he is an extension of Robb and the Starks and it is one of the most moving scenes in the series. Grey Wind never steered him wrong. He didn't want Robb to go in, once he is forced to stay behind by the Freys and Robb not wanting to piss of Walder further, it was the skin-crawling moment of the chapter.

It was moving in the series how he tried to break loose and tore limbs and whatever to get to Robb. So sad and terrible. Grey Wind is the Stark that most recaps and reviews are forgetting when they list the banner men, Cat, Talisa and baby, and Robb.

There are certain things that can get budget cut, but I do wish some monies/time/effort was reserved for this. Really, Nymeria drags out Cat later from the water, the direwolves are so crucial.

Poor Grey WInd was shown to go out in a crappy way that he most certainly did not in the book. The "You'll have to kill me to stop me from getting to Robb" theme was so so sad.

Totally agree.

But I think anyone with a nice osmosis with pets will agree. We probably feel that thing differently. We learnt about Grey Wind's head in a Tyrion's chapters. I felt myself very bad.

After reading this http://insidetv.ew.c...yn-red-wedding/ i think that Lady Stoneheart will not be part of the tv show.

So the whole "How many years I've signed for" is definitely worrying, at least at face value. Of course it's not actual confirmation but I'm super paranoid now, although if Michelle is trolling it will only make me love her more.

I was never that huge of a fan of LS in the books, but after watching and reading the unsullied reactions, I think the theme that vengeance and justice is coming would be really powerful. In fact, without it, I don't see how they can close the season in an intriguing enough way for people to think "Oh shit I have to watch next year!" After the RW and the general downer feeling everyone has after it, not to have the PW or its aftermath and no LS would just be...dull. Oh Robb and Cat were just murdered and the North is lost? Who cares Dany conquered a city no one gives a shit about!! Right?!

I guess it was too late for the show to change this, but they really should have had more northern lords - Maege Mormont, Greatjon Umbar, the Manderlys, at least. A scene with them leaving their arms at the door. The wedding hall noisy and chaotic with shouts and bellows of rage and people trying to protect Robb, the Greatjon upending a table. Cut to a big tent outside and a troop of Freys going in with arms. They nailed Robb's death and Catelyn's death, but not the rest.

The show lacks the sense that the book has that Robb is loved, that he has loyal people devoted to him, that the North is devoted to him, that the North will remember. All we see are people betraying him. Betrayal has more impact when contrasted with loyalty, we need to see these two conflict, and a bit of cathartic Greatjon rage to go with the overwhelming negative dying of the light.

Have heard from a few people that the Greatjohn had a falling out with the producers or something and that is why he is no longer on the show.

Ya I could definitely see that happening, I love the show to death but, I have to admit D&D kind of seem like they can be D-bags at certain times......

Also, about the preview, am I the only one annoyed that the ultimate Northern line `North remembers` is said in different form by none other than Lannister. That line is resereved for Starks, and unless Sansa or Arya (I doubt boys will find out about RW in the next episode) say the line, I will be genuinly pissed...

whoever wrote the dialogue between robb and talisa for this episode, should have been writing robb/talisa scenes for the last two years. for the first time they seemed natural together, like two people that actually liked each other. if they had always been like this, the whole plotline would have made a lot more sense.

How did you feel about last few episodes then?

Personally speaking I simply shut down wrt Robb and Talisa during Season Three. They seemed to be blatantly trying to make them likable and tragic and it seemed so obvious that I just switched off. I don't like seeing the puppeteers hand,

And this is significant why? Is that where they left Hot Pie? Or is it where Brienne runs into Gendry later? Can someone more familiar with the books let me know?

Lots of stuff happens at the Inn at the Crossroads:

- Catelyn captures Tyrion there on her way back from King's Landing

- Tyrion meets back up with Tywin after escaping the Eyrie

- I think Hot Pie stays there in the book, can't remember

- Sandor and Arya run into some bad people there

- Brienne gets in a fight there and Gendry saves her (this may be different in the TV show).

The Inn is located at the crossroads that lead to Winterfell, the Eyrie, Casterly Rock/Riverrun, and King's Landing.

Also, about the preview, am I the only one annoyed that the ultimate Northern line `North remembers` is said in different form by none other than Lannister. That line is resereved for Starks, and unless Sansa or Arya (I doubt boys will find out about RW in the next episode) say the line, I will be genuinly pissed...

Tyrion is merely pointing out the obvious to the small council, and no Stark says "North remembers" in the books. It's other Northern Lords who say it.

Tyrion doesn't even say that specific line. Just another nitpick though that people can whine about.

Edited by Oakenfist

LS is horrible in the books. I would certainly be fine without her.

Depends on what the long game is with her. If she's just going to eventually wear down and die or Thoros finally turns on her, then she could easily be replaced with Beric slowly losing his humanity. But I kind of hope we get a scene of her and Sansa, and for that it will be important to keep Fairley as a guest star at least.

Tyrion is merely pointing out the obvious to the small council, and no Stark says "North remembers" in the books. It's other Northern Lords who say it.

Tyrion doesn't even say that specific line. Just another nitpick though that people can whine about.

Well, since we don`t have any Northern Lord to say it (like Manderly or Lady Dustin in the books), the only remaining Northerners are Starks.

And, btw, I am not whining...

Well, since we don`t have any Northern Lord to say it (like Manderly or Lady Dustin in the books), the only remaining Northerners are Starks.

And, btw, I am not whining...

Wyman Manderly will be cast in later seasons. They had one of his sons at the RW, even though he spoke no lines but his appearance tells me they aren't about to write them out.

Edited by Oakenfist

Wyman Manderly will be cast in later seasons. They had one of his sons at the RW, even though he spoke no lines but his appearance tells me they aren't about to write them out.

True... But I hate the fact that line is deformed and given to Tyrion... It would be a noce touch if they have given it to one of the girls.

True... But I hate the fact that line is deformed and given to Tyrion... It would be a noce touch if they have given it to one of the girls.

I 100% percent expect at least Wylla's or Wyman's comments to be in the show, though. They do happen later in the story. Actually I expect both. Davos will hear it from both, I think. Considering D&D wanted to get here so much, they must also want to show at least the fallout from the RW. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Wylla's little rant is the most emotionally impactful part of those 2 books. At least it was to me.

I 100% percent expect at least Wylla's or Wyman's comments to be in the show, though. They do happen later in the story. Actually I expect both. Davos will hear it from both, I think. Considering D&D wanted to get here so much, they must also want to show at least the fallout from the RW. I'm going to go out on a limb and say Wylla's little rant is the most emotionally impactful part of those 2 books. At least it was to me.

That speech of hers was the best part of DWD. Actually, the only part where I was all exilirated. But, I meant they could use the line before to describe the pain of Sansa or Arya. And, since we don`t have any Northern lord in the show, I would rather be satisfied if the line is inserted to be told by Starks, not Lannisters. Even in deformed form, it was bad listening to Lannister saying that. But, we can only hope to see Manderlys...