[Book Spoilers] EP309 Discussion

Ran

Rewatching this episode, I noticed the look on Robb's face when Roslin was unveiled. Then he looks at Walder Frey who looks back at him all "Yeah, you could have had THAT" haha!

And I thought it was hilarious when the Frey women tried to flirt with the Blackfish. Oh, Brynden!

Haha omg yes that was so priceless! Robb was looking at her like, "Holy shit! That's her!" And then Walder looks at Robb like, "Ya kid, you fucked up!" Such a classic interaction lol.

Edited by Jon Icefyre

Haha omg yes that was so priceless! Robb was looking at her like, "Holy shit! That's her!" And then Walder looks at Robb like, "Ya kid, you fucked up!" Such a classic interaction lol.

Hilarious! I don't understand how I missed it the first two times I watched it!

Oona does nothing for me because I personally do not like long faces. I mean, Oona's pretty and all, but I much prefer a rounder or more heart shaped face like the actress who plays Roslin. And maybe because I'm just annoyed with Oona's character on the show. I hate how they butchered the character. In a literal and physical sense apparently! And yes, I very much think it's the colouring that has to do with the actresses looking different.. all the actresses are forced to wear wigs (is it just me or does Melisandre's wig look so heavy! It seriously looks like it weighs 20 lbs! Everytime she is on screen I think it just looks thick and uncomfortable, random I know but I figured as long as I was on the subject!) whereas the guys can all wear their natural hair. But you are so right, especially about Lena outside of Cersei! She has a sort of punk rock to her natural look that I think Cersei would turn her nose up at!

Yeah that's part of it too. I also can't help but think her forehead is a little big. But I personally blame my cousin for that because she complained about this actress on Being Human saying her forehead was big and it annoyed her that the girls head was bigger and not proportionate to her body. Though I found her saying that hilarious and mean at the same time. So I think I had that thought in mind when I personally started thinking her forehead was a little big. (But thankfully it only stopped there. I don't think the rest of what my cousin said about Oona.) I agree too about not caring much for long faces. So that's probably my biggest reason aside from the whole hating the character thing. If I was to pick someone that I think is pretty as far as 'foreigners' in the show go, I kind of liked Dany's handmaidens before they suddenly disappeared. (Or were they killed?) I don't remember. Yeah I always find it odd when I see actresses with different hair colors because of wearing wigs. Honestly I can't blame them though because I wouldn't want to die my hair dark. (As a kid I had white blonde hair but it grew dark over the years so now I just die it lighter blonde) When I've tried to die my hair dark in the past it always looks green when the light hits a certain angle. I give kudos to anyone that would actually die their hair instead of using a wig though.

I do think Melisandre's wig is rather big and weird. I'm glad to know its actually a wig. (Sometimes it's hard to tell since some girls actually do wear their hair like that.) Lol I definitely think Cersei would look down on the hair style Lena has. I can just imagine it now haha.

I know that was so funny! Especially since I could easily picture Robb with that actress playing Roslin over Talisa. Sad but true IMO.

Hilarious! I don't understand how I missed it the first two times I watched it!

Haha perhaps Walder should have tried to quickly present her to Robb when they first made the agreement in season 1, at least just show Robb what she looked like so he knows there's a pretty little Frey present that came with the bridge. lol

Edited by Jon Icefyre

To me, this was the best written and executed episode of all three seasons. Much of that is due to less herkyjerky cutting to and from one 30 second scene to another. It felt as though more time and thought were given to everything we are seeing than in all the other episodes that came before.

One of the very best moment was Ygritte's face when Jon gallops off, without her. Ygritte's Jon Snow personality irritated me a lot, but this episode, she was perfect. And suddenly the actor of Jon Snow got something going in his face (well, that started an ep or two back).

The same with Robb Stark -- he was finally all present and accounted for -- he was real. And now -- he's not. And never will be again.

There was something though that has been in mind since the beginning: the aging of the child actors. Arya no longer can fool anybody into thinking she's a boy (never did to me anyway, but nevermind that). Her breasts are present in her costume. She's not even binding, which is what women/girls who passed for male in past eras had to do -- and it was painful as heck, even when you're as young as Arya is supposed to be.

O man those Freys are ugly -- I'm not speaking of the daughters, grand-daughters, great-grand-daughters, just the Freys as men and patriarchs.

Gotta say this for GOT, patriarchy has never looked less appealing or more unattractive has it?

I just wish the dire wolves were, well, more present. But then we don't get much of them in the books either. Confession: personally prefer wolves to dragons any old day. :)

Edited by Zorral

seriously this shit is painful to read.

Yep been going through it for the past 2 hours.

The writers of game of thrones are some f'd up people

You fucking wank it's one person.

Officially hating the writers of game of thrones #redwedding

UGH

Fuck George Martin. Fuck game of thrones. Fuck the books. Fuck the.show. Fuck HBO. Fuck technology. Fuck my TV. Fuck everything. Fuck. Fuck.

Better.

RIP in peace Rob Snow #GoT

bro do you even know what RIP means

NEDDARD STARK JUST CAN'T CATCH A FUCKIN BREAK CAN HE

lol neddard. retard

Holy fucking shit they just killed Ron stark

Ron. Hermione won't be happy

Ron Stark got did!

again im not sure she'd be happy about that

Why kill Ron stark and fuck up the show, it was just getting good

Excessively stupid now. There's actually more posts that say Ron. Catelyn screaming ROBBBBB wasn't enough

the episode is amizing! I don't can believe,,, rod stark die,,, wtf

lmfao rod

If george martin or whatever sewers my boy john snow anytime in the future.. Actually I'm not gonna finish Ill most def end up in jail

two seasons to go

WHY THE FUCK DID I WATCH GAME OF THRONES NOW I'M CRYING LIKE A BITCH

Can't stop reading these. lol'ing. Just waiting for their reaction when they find out Tywin did it all. HOW DO YOU LIKE HIM NOW

Wish you could sue a tv show for emotional distress @GameOfThrones was getting sue in dey ass

Lmao.

I've had it with game of thrones after 2 episodes. STOP killing dogs dammit this bullshit has to stop

Love how everyone is angry about the "dogs" too.

pregnant woman dies? ok

robb dies? ok

mother dies? ok

dog dies? OH HELL NAW

Though I can understand. I wasn't that affected by Robb's death but Oberyn. Damn i still remember frantically re-reading the pages.

WHY ARE YOU VOMITING TYRION HE'S FINE. Then rocking myself to sleep. I bet I will scream NOOO when i watch the ep

Yep, exactly why I said "better".

Aah I just rechecked, their actually two different tweets. But at least some people are smart lol. It's ridiculous, who actually thinks someone is named Rod? Especially when Robb is said countless times thoughout the seasons. They might as well just say king in the north or whatever haha.

Thanks to a post on another thread, I just realized that in this episode, all the living Starks were featured and had lines--Jon, Robb, Catelyn, Arya, Bran, even Rickon--except for Sansa. I guess it's because 3x08 kind of overdosed on King's Landing plots so they wanted to clear out all the King's Landing plots of 3x09, but it seemed odd. She was also absent in spirit, too. Not even a reference to "your sister" from the Hound, any mention of her wedding in the Robb/Cat scene, or anything along those lines. I was feeling her absence.

Edited by Newstar

THis has just become insane.

Its everywhere. Its on Slate, it made CNN, its on every blog and in every corner of the Inetrnet. Twitter ... 'sploded when it happened.

Its been posted before, but here's the link to the 100 best Twitter reactions to the Red Wedding http://io9.com/the-1...rones-511003444

but here are my greatest hits:

-Folks watching #gameofthrones who didn't read the books: remember when your really nerdy friend was super sad 13 years ago? This is why! :(

-Somewhere, a corn syrup distributor just made a down payment on a boat. #gameofthrones

-Does anybody have a paper towel? I watched new Game of Thrones and "in unrelated news" pissed myself

-The best way to read/watch Game of Thrones is to hate every character. That way the constant mass murder doesn't get you down.

-If only Admiral Ackbar had been in tonight's Game of Thrones...

-You know why the end credits had no music? The sound of your sobbing and sniffling is the music.

-Just finished my temper tantrum after watching @GameOfThrones. I now understand the urge to #riot in the middle of the street.

-Game of Thrones will really surprise people next year when in the ninth episodes they kill off actual viewers.

-Game of Thrones: a show for those who can't deal with the sunny optimism of The Walking Dead.

And HANDS DOWN the best one:

-Why doesn't George R.R. Martin use twitter? Because he killed all 140 characters.

There is a You Tube clip dedictade to various people reacting to the episode in real time

The clip went up Monday JUne 3 (2 days ago)... it already has 2.8 million views.

I've spoken to people who have read the books, and people who have not; I have spoken to people who watch the show religiously and those who just enjoy it from time to time; I have spoken to people who have never seen the show or read the books. And EVERYONE is talking about it. Its everywhere and its a phenom the likes TV has not seen in ... really in a long long time. Its JR gets shot combined with the Helmet Catch combined with the 30 seconds of dead black screen at the end of Sopranos combined with Bob Newhart waking up next to Susan Plachette. Combined with a whole lot of people loosing their collective shit.

So, answer me this....

Its 2000. You have just read the last Cat Chapter and you are utterly RUINED; its devestating. You do not kno wwhat to do because (like me) you got the UK version so you are reading it a week before anyone else and you are angry and hurt and pissed and thrilled and you just cannot believe a BOOK filled with people who have never existed could do this to you...

... and somebody taps you on the shoulder and says, "In about 13 years ... EVERYONE will feel this way! People around the world will utterly lose their collective minds over what you just read. It will be on news channels and in major newspapers."

What would you have said?

GRR Martin has entered the universal lexicon of TV. And it started with us.

Edited by Rockroi

Yeah, the talk on here forever was that they could never do the scene justice on tv, well, they did and then some. I have spoken with some Unsullied friends and they were just speachless except to say, man that was fucked up, fuck the Lannisters, kill them all! They all felt that something was wrong but didn't expect that. One even picked up on the music and recognized what the song meant. Great episode. I plan to watch it a few more times this week.

THis has just become insane.

Its everywhere. Its on Slate, it made CNN, its on every blog and in every corner of the Inetrnet. Twitter ... 'sploded when it happened.

Its been posted before, but here's the link to the 100 best Twitter reactions to the Red Wedding http://io9.com/the-1...rones-511003444

but here are my greatest hits:

And HANDS DOWN the best one:

There is a You Tube clip dedictade to various people reacting to the episode in real time

The clip went up Monday JUne 3 (2 days ago)... it already has 2.8 million views.

I've spoken to people who have read the books, and people who have not; I have spoken to people who watch the show religiously and those who just enjoy it from time to time; I have spoken to people who have never seen the show or read the books. And EVERYONE is talking about it. Its everywhere and its a phenom the likes TV has not seen in ... really in a long long time. Its JR gets shot combined with the Helmet Catch combined with the 30 seconds of dead black screen at the end of Sopranos combined with Bob Newhart waking up next to Susan Plachette. Combined with a whole lot of people loosing their collective shit.

So, answer me this....

Its 2000. You have just read the last Cat Chapter and you are utterly RUINED; its devestating. You do not kno wwhat to do because (like me) you got the UK version so you are reading it a week before anyone else and you are angry and hurt and pissed and thrilled and you just cannot believe a BOOK filled with people who have never existed could do this to you...

... and somebody taps you on the shoulder and says, "In about 13 years ... EVERYONE will feel this way! People around the world will utterly lose their collective minds over what you just read. It will be on news channels and in major newspapers."

What would you have said?

GRR Martin has entered the universal lexicon of TV. And it started with us.

Great post and thanks for the link to those tweets...another one of my favorites was:

"Game of Thrones has killed off more well-developed characters than exist in most other TV shows." - how true

I won't lie, I feel like a piece of me died last night. I LOVE the Starks and even though I knew it was coming, it didn't help. The entire episode was filled with A+ acting and will be one of the most remembered episodes of any series, ever. That being said I think HBO/Martin took it a little too far with their slap in the face of Eddard/Stark fans. As if Stark fans don't have it bad enough already:

- Bran paralyzed

- Eddard dead

- Sansa married to the Imp

- Arya seeing the RW

- Robb and Cat dead

They had to add in "If it is a boy, his name will be Eddard". How about FU HBO! Was that really necessary? You give the Eddard/Stark fans some happiness for a change only to have the would-be-son-named-Eddard STABBED 10 TIMES!! I'll continue watching obviously but I really don't blame some fans for their rage right now. It was cold, very very cold.

I think Ramsay said it best

“If you think this has a happy ending, you haven’t been paying attention"

The whole show in one sentence.

Edited by larsberg