[Book Spoilers] EP309 Discussion

Ran

What I don't understand is how some book readers are criticizing non-book-readers for threatening not to watch this series again.

Guys , go back and remember your reaction when you read the chapter. The rage , the grief , how a lot of us literally threw the book and stopped reading for a week.

Well non-book-readers are in the same position. They don't know how to respond and I bet 99% will watch episode 10.

What would have been deliciously evil was showing Arya dying and then in the credits , saying this was the last episode , the Lannisters won. THE END .... *evil laugh* ... I need to seek some help :D

It's for the best that the cliffhanger in Arya's PoV didn't make it. If it did, those fans vowing that they're done with the show would well and truly stop watching.

Even Hitler is upset about the Red Wedding :(

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=QKqF8lg_M7A

Poor Hitler :(

Lord Frey's wife's forced, disgusted smile when he makes his "sword and sheath" joke.

You know, interestingly, the word "vagina" comes from the Latin word literally meaning "sheath" or "scabbard". I'm actually surprsied Frey wasn't more crude with that bit, instead saying something like "When cherry's are red they're ripe for plucking, when girls are 16 they're ripe for....."

Edited by Tony Inchpractice

I liked episode. I think it's one of the best of Game Of Thrones episodes.

I can't believe some people think there won't be Uncat in TV series. I thought it was foreshadowing for Uncat when Arya asked Thoros if his Father can be resurected. My bet, last shot of the season will be Cat's returning as Uncat.

I liked episode. I think it's one of the best of Game Of Thrones episodes.

I can't believe some people think there won't be Uncat in TV series. I thought it was foreshadowing for Uncat when Arya asked Thoros if his Father can be resurected. My bet, last shot of the season will be Cat's returning as Uncat.

That would be awesome, but what will they do with UnCat in the fourth season? Unless it overlaps Feast, and even if it does, she'd get very little screen time. Also, Maisie Williams said in Thronecast that she will not see Michelle Fairley and Richard Madden on Game of Thrones anymore, so even if they do put UnCat on screen (which they must, I believe) may be she'll not be played by Fairley.

That would be awesome, but what will they do with UnCat in the fourth season? Unless it overlaps Feast, and even if it does, she'd get very little screen time. Also, Maisie Williams said in Thronecast that she will not see Michelle Fairley and Richard Madden on Game of Thrones anymore, so even if they do put UnCat on screen (which they must, I believe) may be she'll not be played by Fairley.

Maisie's quote should be taken with a grain of salt at this point, maybe she was told to say so to not spoil the whole Stoneheart thing.

They could "splice her in" similar like they did with Theon's arc.

On the other hand, as much as I'd like it, I doubt they show her ressurection in "Mhysa", as it would require Dondarian and his guys appear out of nowhere.

They could have been following Arya and the hound the whole time, though.

Can't remember how the timing's panned out in the book.

She could be misdirecting the audience, it wouldn't be the first time a actor or actress has done that.

I figure that the BWB could still be around where they were when we last saw them. not sure how far away from the Twins they were but i don't think they were far enough that they couldn't find Catelyn floating around a few days after the RW.

Edited by Completely Headless Ned

[Longtime lurker, first post]

Awesome episode which brought back many of the feelings I had of shock, despair the admiration from when I first read the RW.

However my favorite point was during the "pig trotter" scene after Arya had been staring longingly at the Twins.

The Hound starts to describe fear and says to her "There's no point trying to hide behind that face..." - a beautifully subtle line.

I haven't seen anyone else mention it but I suppose it was overshadowed by her final response "Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull"

http://squarevision.co.uk/2013/06/03/game-of-thrones-the-rains-of-castermere/

Here is my review.

I't is even better on the second run through. When I first watched it I preferred the Blackwater bay episode. But after a second watch of this episode it's too tough to call !!

has anyone else found this ?

BOLTON FOR THE WIN haha :)

I could definitly see that happening and I have no problem with that

Not going to happen, IMO. Just like Tyrion is not going to strangle Shae. IMO.

Is Lady Stoneheart going to make an appearance at the end of next season instead of this one then? Also I recently read this article on yahoo that seems to suggest that Michelle Fairley will be pretty busy for a while:

http://omg.yahoo.com...gccmt-container

And I've recently heard that there's been speculation that the show will make Talisa Lady Stoneheart instead of Cat, what do you you guys think about this?

I dont think she has it in her.

You heard me. ;)

One of my favorite book lines was Arya asking Sandor "Did you hit her (Sansa) with an axe too?". So I was a little sad that Sandor didn't hit Arya with an axe this week, but bonking her head with his fist made a lot more sense.

I'm still sad that Arya and Gendry didn't have their bar scene. I guess Arya's book storyline needed those little bits of humor since it was so very dark; but throwing in all the humor without all the dark would just make it silly on TV.

Talisa as Lady Stoneheart makes little sense. I don't even think Beric has any reason to even recognize Robb's wife.

Not going to happen, IMO. Just like Tyrion is not going to strangle Shae. IMO.

You don't think so? I think the heavy gold chain he bought for her was a setup for it, given that the office of Hand of the King is just a pin on the show.

If Michelle Fairley isn't returning for whatever reason, then there are really only three plausible options for who takes on the role of Lady Stoneheart in my opinion.

1) Talisa Stark - Probably the most logical option, as she has the closest ties to both Robb and the Red Wedding than anyone other than Catelyn. Just as Lady Stoneheart does, she has a distinguishing wound that could be as equally definitive of her character as Catelyn's cut throat is.

2) Beric Dondarrion - It may be that he feels some guilt regarding his treatment of Arya. This, in addition to a sense of honour and nobility could mean that he desires vengeance on the Freys for their actions.

3) Brynden Tully - I've read a lot of speculation that he could be the one to take control of the Brotherhood in the WoW. If this is true, then it's perfectly logical that he should begin his ties with them now. He was also present at the RW and so knows exactly who was responsible, whilst his family ties to both Catelyn and Robb make him an ideal bringer of justice to the Freys.

Now, obviously these suggestions could create problems regarding Brienne's storyline, as none of them have ever met her (?). Nonetheless, I feel that the character is too important to simply cut, and so if Michelle Fairley doesn't return, then for me it has to be one of these three.

For the record, I hope that she does come back as Lady Stoneheart, if only because she's been in it since episode 1 and I'm not ready to say goodbye yet.

I will be livid if they omit UnCat or replace the Stoneheart character with UnTalisa.

UnCat is a silly gimmick that took me a long time to accept, but now I accept it and appreciate it as a diabolical deviation from the "Noble Starks get screwed over by everyone" pattern. All I ever wanted was for Cat to get revenge on the people who decimated her family, and she deserves to get that chance as UnCat. No one else in this series deserves vengeance as much as she does--definitely not Talisa.

They may well have filmed unCat's resurrection before filming the RW, so I don't put much stock in Michelle leaving right after the shooting of that scene. As for Maisie, UnCat has comparatively few scenes, which likely can be filled on a quick "guest" basis. So, most of the other castmembers likely won't see her, especially since Maisie probably isn't even going to be filming in the same country.

As for when UnCat would be revealed, she actually get resurrected only a couple of days after the RW, so it would make sense to show her right away. My guess is that her body is found by the Blackfish, who runs into the BwB while trying to bring it back to Riverrun.

They may well have filmed unCat's resurrection before filming the RW, so I don't put much stock in Michelle leaving right after the shooting of that scene. As for Maisie, UnCat has comparatively few scenes, which likely can be filled on a quick "guest" basis. So, most of the other castmembers likely won't see her, especially since Maisie probably isn't even going to be filming in the same country.

As for when UnCat would be revealed, she actually get resurrected only a couple of days after the RW, so it would make sense to show her right away. My guess is that her body is found by the Blackfish, who runs into the BwB while trying to bring it back to Riverrun.

Honestly I wouldn't either. Film isn't like plays where you do everything in order so she could have easily done the UnCat thing some time ago before filming the RW. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last thing they filmed for the season.