[Book Spoilers] EP309 Discussion

Ran

I wonder when Robb was telling Talisa that he might have preferef Roslin , was there any ounce of truth in it?

Personally I think they would have made a much better match. (Not because she's a Frey but because she just seems like someone Robb would like more as far as looks and even how nice and sweet she comes off.) and Talisa, she just has a horrible personality IMO.

But I'm thinking he might have been just joking around as far as that goes, since he did try to kiss Talisa right after saying that and then mentioning its treason to hit a king. I took it as just playful banter. But the part during the wedding, I do think he was surprised by Roslin's unveiling since he likely expected her to look as ugly as the girls he apologized to.

Honestly I wouldn't either. Film isn't like plays where you do everything in order so she could have easily done the UnCat thing some time ago before filming the RW. Actually I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last thing they filmed for the season.

Maybe they filmed Lady Stoneheart resurrection at the same time as Bran's dream with her in the tree. She did already look the part in that sequence

But we have no idea (yet) if she is going to come back for the end of THIS season (and lets be honest- that's an easy secret to keep) or if she will come back for ONE single shot in one single scene at the end of NEXT season (and while that may be harder to keep under wraps... it would be pretty amazing). The fact that she has other projects or was emotional when her caharcetrw as killed, etc, none of that really matters. Anything, at this point, is possible. For me, I would prefer to see unCat if only because its in the books and does not take up a tremendous amount of time. I don't think we should abandon all hope JUST yet.

If they reverted to unTalisa, that would be fine, but less impactful. I think the viewers (to say nothing of the readers) have more invested in Cat than in Talisa, and therefore her seeking vengence seems more worthy of our attention.

However, unless its an utter dead-end, I would not be for abandoning that entire storyline.

Personally I think they would have made a much better match. (Not because she's a Frey but because she just seems like someone Robb would like more as far as looks and even how nice and sweet she comes off.) and Talisa, she just has a horrible personality IMO.

But I'm thinking he might have been just joking around as far as that goes, since he did try to kiss Talisa right after saying that and then mentioning its treason to hit a king. I took it as just playful banter. But the part during the wedding, I do think he was surprised by Roslin's unveiling since he likely expected her to look as ugly as the girls he apologized to.

Maybe he was telling a half truth. He did give Walder Frey a look when Roslin lifted her veil. Walder shot him back a shrug that said "Fucking moron, you should've met my daughters before breaking your vow".

Maybe they filmed Lady Stoneheart resurrection at the same time as Bran's dream with her in the tree. She did already look the part in that sequence

From Michelle's interviews, it kinda sounds like she is done with the show. Her response to if she knew about the Red Wedding coming was "I read the books and knew how many seasons I had signed on for". I think she is done, but I like the Uncat killing Frey machine.

Edited by Lord Elrosir

I was very interested to see what would happen with Blackfish since they have to be careful not to kill someone who is important later in the books. Since they didnt kill him there is hope for his future in the books. Something that wasnt addressed was who is watching Riverrun. Not sure what he was doing at the wedding to begin with

Good riddance to a few marginal theories.

I was glad Talisa was going to the wedding and that we know she was pregnant because that pretty much sealed her fate.

There is at least one interview with Fairley that doesnt rule out her coming back as Stoneheart.

As soon as Cat saw Roose's mail I yelled SLAP HIM because that's what happened in the book though using different characters. If anyone can slap Roose, it's Cat.

Edited by rmholt

Roose goading Cat on to check under his shirt really made the ep for me. Was better then the book version of that scene imo.

I was cautious about the casting choice for Roose at first, but the actor is really nailing the role these last few episodes.

Edited by HouseHarrison

The whole point of Lady Stoneheart is to avenge the Starks and the North in General. Talisia 1)does not exist in the books 2)was married to one stark for five minutes and doesn't know any others 3) Is from Volantis 4) Was disliked by Robb's bannermen.

The brotherhood would not know her, she would have no cause for righteous vengeance and no ties to the Jamie and Brienne story. There will be no un-Talisa. Just stop it.

Michelle's interview says nothing that indicates she will not be back as Stoneheart. Stoneheart is essential to Stark vengeance... it has to be her.

The next episode is called Mysha- which means mother (show Robbs last word). It would make no sense for viewers if Stoneheart appears at the end of next season. In the unsullied minds she would have been rotting for a year.

Lady Stoneheart will appear at the end of the next episode.

From Michelle's interviews, it kinda sounds like she is done with the show. Her response to if she knew about the Red Wedding coming was "I read the books and knew how many seasons I had signed on for". I think she is done, but I like the Uncat killing Frey machine.

Well, if she says anything else she's spoiling the reveal so she has to say that in both cases. I think she's in. If Varys could be on the show that she's signed on to then she should be able to do both as well. Especially as her role will become far smaller.

I was on pins and needles the whole day leading up to this episode. Then, during the whole episode, I was so tense I almost couldn't focus on the other story lines. The moments that really got me were:

-Arya staring at the Twins "this" close to her family

-Talisa wanting to name the baby Ned (I think this was worse for me cuz in my head, knowing what comes next, I was like "awww fuuukkkkkkk" :crying: )

-Hearing Rains start playing got my blood up

-the chainmail on Roose's arms

-Talisa getting stabbed, I don't think I need to elaborate on that one

-Robb's "mother" and Cat's "please leave"

Overall, for me, they captured the essence of the scene completely. I was tense, sad, shocked, dismayed, and angry, all at once, over and over.Even If every little thing wasn't the same, they definitely got the mood right.

After the rewatch, other scenes I loved were Bran and Rickon saying goodbye and Ygritte's face when Jon rode off. Her eyes told a thousand thoughts at once. Very moving.

Im a Dany fan, but her scenes fell a little flat, not standing alone, but when paired with all the Stark stuff it got a little left behind.

First post ever after lurking for a while (hello everyone...slightly daunting, this newbie posting thing), and I have to say I paused that episode every few seconds because I needed to breathe - went a bit mad when the music kicked in. I actually managed to feel sorry for Robb because of Catelyn's pleading whereas in the book, shocking as his death may be, I still thought "you asked for it you horny, willful child - suck it up".

Grey Wind had me in TEARS, even in the book. But if they sew his head onto Robb's in the next episode I'll lose it.

Some people (like Elio & Linda) have made the point that the show really doesn't build up the dread enough...

This is a difficult thing for a book reader to argue back and forth, but I would suggest that people who think the show did not build the dread should listen to this podcast about the episode from non-readers:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/grantland/player?id=9342264

Go ahead. Listen to it.

I hope they bring the Blackfish back to Riverrun. I'd be pissed if we don't get the Feast scene of the Blackfish and Jamie. They didn't kill him off, did they? He did go out to find a tree, so I am assuming he's alive.

The fake hanging of Edmure is pure comedy gold. Show Edmure & Brynden are a great pair and I hope we see them again at Riverrun.

It makes me pretty sad that the beauty that is Sophie Turner, shares the same name with some celebrity hooker/stripper/whatever. So that whenever I google image her, I'm reduced to also looking at pictures of some random bimbo.

Skank.

First post ever after lurking for a while (hello everyone...slightly daunting, this newbie posting thing), and I have to say I paused that episode every few seconds because I needed to breathe - went a bit mad when the music kicked in. I actually managed to feel sorry for Robb because of Catelyn's pleading whereas in the book, shocking as his death may be, I still thought "you asked for it you horny, willful child - suck it up".

Grey Wind had me in TEARS, even in the book. But if they sew his head onto Robb's in the next episode I'll lose it.

I was far more affected by Grey Wind's death than I was by Robb's. I am really hoping that they will not show the post-mortem mutilation on TV. They can talk about it, I don't care; I just don't want to see it.

Michelle Fairley, the Roose Bolton actor, and David Bradley-as-Lord Walder nailed it. Liked Arya and the Hound, too...

I have to say I loved that episode. Yes there was things missing from the book version, but the overall essence of the red wedding was there. The false sense of everything is gonna work out, to all of a sudden, omg, WTF just happened? I had chills after watching the last 10 mins. It was just as hard to watch as it was to read.