[Book Spoilers] EP309 Discussion

Ran

I think thats because Cat was being strong for Robb while Robb was just like,my dads dead all my men, probably my brothers and sister too and my mother is not leaving this room

I agree, the difference between them is that Catelyn still had one son left to fight for: Robb.

Once he died, she gave up just like Robb when he saw his son & Talisa die.

Edited by silentwanderer

I still hate that they made him 'give up' without a 'fight'. Cat lost so much more than him yet he looses two people and all of a sudden he gives up? Whereas she lost, after Robb, five people. Kind of irritating if you ask me.

I think Robb just realized before her mother that there was no point to keep fighting and give Walder Frey something to enjoy because they were not going to let him go. He could do nothing for himself or for Cat. Nothing. Not even ask Walder Frey to promise to take his life but not hurt his mother since the old man would probably just kill her before his eyes out of spite. Like Ned he understood it was the end and accepted it. No pleading, no crying, not vain attempts to save his life. He just said goodbye to his mother and died looking at her.

I 'loved' it.

Edited by Teardrops

Well that shows show Robb didn't give a shit for his mothers well being since she was still alive before he died..

Actually, I think it was the other way around: Robb urged Catelyn to give up the knife so that the Freys would take her hostage (instead to kill her).

Remember: Robb died before he knew her mom slit the throat of Lord Frey's wife anyway.

Edited by silentwanderer

I think Robb just realized before her mother that there was no point to keep fighting and give Walder Frey something to enjoy because they were not going to let him go. He could do nothing for himself or for Cat. Nothing. Not even ask Walder Frey to promise to take his life but not hurt his mother since the old man would probably just kill her before his eyes out of spite. Like Ned he understood it was the end and accepted it. No pleading, no crying, not vain attempts to save his life. He just said goodbye to his mother and died looking at her.

I 'loved' it.

I get that, it made it much more sad. At the same time I feel like he just gave up without caring for his mothers well being. It's like his idiot, where is Winterfell, wife is dead so he just stands there waiting to be killed and didn't seem to care for what would happen to his mother. Don't get me wrong i basicallyliked how the RW turned out, it was very heartbreaking, but to think he cared more for his already dead wife than his mother who was still alive, that bothers me.

I was far more affected by Grey Wind's death than I was by Robb's. I am really hoping that they will not show the post-mortem mutilation on TV. They can talk about it, I don't care; I just don't want to see it.

Well...I'm afraid u (and every1 else) already saw it, but as u clearly didn't notice/remember it (and u don't want to see it...again), I'm not saying when ^^

I get that, it made it much more sad. At the same time I feel like he just gave up without caring for his mothers well being. It's like his idiot, where is Winterfell, wife is dead so he just stands there waiting to be killed and didn't seem to care for what would happen to his mother. Don't get me wrong i basicallyliked how the RW turned out, it was very heartbreaking, but to think he cared more for his already dead wife than his mother who was still alive, that bothers me.

What did you want him to do? He was wounded just as bad as in the books ( 3 arrows ), he didn't have any weapon and, as I already said, pleading for her life would probably result in her death.

Robb could do nothing for Catelyn but hope that once they killed him they wouldn't hurt her. With his 'goodbye' - among other things- Robb was pratically telling her mother to stop fighting for him -- as silentwanderer said "to give up the knife so that the Freys would take her hostage (instead to kill her)."

If he really didn't care what would happen to his mother as you think he would have waited the final straw sitting near his wife, ignoring everything else.

Edited by Teardrops

They were already dead anyway..

I don't see why everyone likes that they just acted like fish in a barrel (except for Cat who pleaded)

But that isn't exactly my gripe anyway. My thing is in the books it's clear he genuinely feels bad for breaking his word whereas in the show it's made explicitly clear he doesn't care at all. I guess then (if he spoke to Frey) or even during the apology scene that could have been remedied. (If you believe he truly meant it when he apologized then I guess it comes down differences in view because I only saw him saying it because he had to.)

But okay, they acted like a caged animal about to be shot (poor Grey Wind) so it's a good thing they didn't really try to do a thing even if it was just try to somehow talk their way out of it. Okay. Glad that's cleared up.

(Maybe it's just the frustration that they didn't show any fighting back, like having bannermen there trying to protect the Starks, I don't know. But it could have slightly been made up, IMO, by having Robb do something, anything, more than stand there. Since I got the impression he was more wounded in the books compared to the show.)

In him? I saw no arrows hanging from the actor.. He might have got shot but they weren't in him when he stood up. Nitpick I know, but still.

There was at least one arrow that pierced his right shoulder. Not fatal. But he was wounded.

In him? I saw no arrows hanging from the actor.. He might have got shot but they weren't in him when he stood up. Nitpick I know, but still.

Well then I would watch it again. He has one bolt through his right tit, shot from his front and one shot from behind him that seems to be millimeters above his heart. He probably has more in his lower body that you can't really see. They show him being hit by at least 3.

Well then I would watch it again. He has one bolt through his right tit, shot from his front and one shot from behind him that seems to be millimeters above his heart. He probably has more in his lower body that you can't really see. They show him being hit by at least 3.

I get that he was hit. He obviously was from the way he tried to get up and walk and all that. What I'm saying is I didn't actually see any hanging from him. (You know like one sticking out of his leg or something.)

I get that he was hit. He obviously was from the way he tried to get up and walk and all that. What I'm saying is I didn't actually see any hanging from him. (You know like one sticking out of his leg or something.)

You can clearly see 2 arrows here:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/louispeitzman/game-of-thrones-destroyed-us-all-with-the-red-wedding

Since you have internet access it's a pretty easy thing to look up the scene or images of the scene to determine whether or not your observation was correct to begin with.

Okay gag. I could have done without the how can you blame Robb have you seen Talisa crap. It's hilarious people think she's sympathetic. The only reason she is is because of the pregnancy.

Sorry, back to the arrow. I only seen one but my bad I didn't really notice because its so small. (And it would be extremely hard to see when he's standing up and the camera isn't doing a close up.) But wow that was so close to his heart it looks like.

Since you have internet access it's a pretty easy thing to look up the scene or images of the scene to determine whether or not your observation was correct to begin with.

Why do things yourself when you can crowd-source?

But yeah, Robb was heavily hit. At least 2 arrows through each side of his chest. Not sure how he was standing still.