Sign in to follow this  
Ran

[Book Spoilers] EP309 Discussion

was merely using that as one example that she said. You know, how she mentioned that the men were boys who had never fought before Tywin put swords in their hands. [....]

You took her phrase and completely distorted its meaning. Do you think that she said what she said because she wanted him to suddenly change his mind and start yelling "the war is over let's go home"? Really? :uhoh: Talisa just expressed, as a neutral and external observer, her opinion and her disapproval of wars. What she said about the wrongness of innocent people dying wasn't that obvious because those people were in most cases just numbers for their king/lord/whatever. It wasn't Robb's case of course but she learned this only after their meeting ...

Are you serious? Being strong and also sweet is possible you know, they aren't opposite or conflicting traits, it doesn't make you bipolar. :lol:

You don't like Oona acting. You don't see chemistry. And it's okay but this is just your opinion. I'm sure others agree with you but there also people like me who like her acting and see chemistry between her and Richard and for those people her character and their lovestory worked. Opinions. Tastes. Here in my country we use to say "the world is beautiful because it is varied". ;)

The funny thing is that 'I haven't talked to one person off this site' that actually *hate* her. From what I saw and heard people like her, don't like her or are indifferent to her and this is pretty much the same response Jeyne got from book readers.

The 'majority' you're talking about is probably just the most vocal part of the fandom and it doesn't necessarily represent it in its entirety. In fact I remember people here claiming that the majority of the viewers "didn't like Robb/Cat anymore" and that "the RW wasn't going to have the same impact and that people would barely care for them" but then last sunday after the episode internet literally IMPLODED. :rolleyes:

Edited by Teardrops

You don't like Oona acting. You don't see chemistry. And it's okay but this is just your opinion, I'm sure others agree with you but there also people like me who like her acting and see chemistry between her and Richard. Opinions. Tastes. Here in my country we use to say "the world is beautiful because it is varied". ;)

If you like someone who's blank faced in almost every scene good for you. Cat and Robb had way more chemistry than him and Talisa so to think people actually think they do is beyond hilarious.

When have I twisted anything? The last few posts I've been explicitly talking about her acting/acting range. I haven't twisted anything. The fact that I've said plain and simple 'Oona isn't as good as ____' insert name there and pointed out things, like her blank faces, I don't know how much more simple it can be put. If I'm defensive, it's the fact that people like you keep jumping down my throat about this character. How would you like to talk about a character you hate for days on end? Not fun, I'll tell you that.

I wasn't even thinking or mentioning line delivery, but I admit I probably shouldn't. The writers give Talisa the most ridiculous lines sometimes that it's hard to take her or the actress seriously, that's why I was just going off of the range since I'm a little biased on the speech between her and anyone in the show. I'd argue she has the worst lines in the show, which makes it hard to differentiate between bad line delivery and just bad lines she was given compared to anyone else in the show. Not that she did anything to make the bad writing better. (Though I think everyone has had their share of stupid lines so it's not solely her.)

When you do things like go from saying that Oona is a horrible actress, or me saying that I think Sibil is worse, to stating that you think that Dinklage, Dance etc are better. Unless you find the latter ones to be so mediocre that being worse than them means that you're bad it's just irrelevant and an attempt at making it valid that you state opinions as fact through stating something that most think is true. I don't have any problems that you dislike the things you mention about the character and actress. The problem is that you are the one that can't handle that someone thinks differently (otherwise you'd not state your opinions as fact).

And if you don't want to talk about Talisa then perhaps you should stop being the one bringing it up. I didn't mention the character at all in my first post to you, I spoke about the lack of worth of anecdotal evidence and I pointed out something about the relationship of Dany and Drogo. You then started to ask me questions related to Talisa so you have only yourself to blame here. And even if someone else starts a discussion, if you don't think it's fun to discuss it then just stop. And again, I've said right out that I have no problems with you not liking the character. It's you that are saying that my opinions are wrong (or "extremely hilarious" or some other juvenile thing), so if anyone is jumping on anyone it's you.

If you like someone who's blank faced in almost every scene good for you.

I like someone that according to you is blank faced in almost every scene. ;)

Okay naively ignore she's a horrible actress with no facial exp<b></b>ression range just because your smitten with her.

Thank you, I will be more than happy to continue ignoring your opinions.

Just watched a rerun. Have to admit, I'm liking Talisa a lot less in that final scene. A little distracting to be honest.

Okay naively ignore she's a horrible actress with no facial expression range just because your smitten with her.

Oh gosh this is getting ridiculous.. :lmao: I'm done. Anyway for the record, she's undoubtley a beautiful woman but I'm a woman .. a straight woman.

Oh gosh this is getting ridiculous.. :lmao: I'm done. Anyway for the record, she's undoubtley a beautiful woman but I'm a woman .. a straight woman.

Your opinion. There's women in the show much more beautiful than her. And I'm a straight woman too. So thanks for the gag.

People from Volantis don't display emotion on their faces the way they do in Westeros. Therefore Oona is actually a fantastic actress.

By the way, I can do at least 25 different facial expressions. I rock at acting.

</sarcasm>

Your opinion.

Absolutely.

* There's women in the show much more beautiful than her. And I'm a straight woman too. So thanks for the gag.

You meant: * in my opinon :)

People from Volantis don't display emotion on their faces the way they do in Westeros. Therefore Oona is actually a fantastic actress.

By the way, I can do at least 25 different facial expressions. I rock at acting.

</sarcasm>

:lol:

Edited by Teardrops

Whatever. I'm done. You've got to be the most annoying person on this site.

Thank you, from you is a compliment. :)