How would you rate episode 309?

Ran

How would you rate episode 308?  

1,332 members have voted

1. 1. What's your rating from 1-10, with 10 being the highest/best

I found the Red Wedding seen to be really disappointing, I felt like i was suddenly watching a scene from Saw not GOT. There was no suspense or dread just plain old shock value, as a reader i found this cheap and incredibly underwhelming as i have been hanging out for this episode for what feels like forever.

Some important plot building details that i felt crucial to the making the scene a success were left out.

1) the conversation between Rob and Roose were they discuss the addition of Roose troops to the army.

2) Roose handing a piece of Theon's skin to Catelyn

3) The loud terrible music

4) the presence of Rob's loyal Northern banner men

I dont think the show writers and directors truly managed to show the level of betrayal by Roose and Walder Frey to not just Rob but the whole North and Riverlands.

I am a lover of the show, i hope they get back to their usual high standard

Your user name is Scratch Face, so could it be that you also missed the moment where Catelyn clawed her face as she died? Just curious if that's what your name means.

I thought that was a great detail in the book but il not sure it would have translated well to the screen.

Speaking of Saw-style horror, I was kind of anticipating seeing a final, gruesome lingering shot of Grey Wind's head sewn on Robb's body. Think we'll see that in episide 10?

If shot correctly, I think that could be a simultaneously beautiful and sickening image, much like the amazing shot of Ros's corpse earlier this season.

Make it an unpleasant, uncomfortable wedding. Make a point of the horrible food, the horrible music, that it's all too loud and discordant and headache-inducing, something you suffer through. It's a horrible wedding -- people who have been to weddings have probably come across an awkard, trying one in their time, so they can sympathize. You want it to end, you want them to get on with it, not go, "Oh, well, here's a happy wedding, it's all worked out in the end."

Psychological horror films are capable of inducing dread and unease without resorting to narration and inner dialogue. The secret of Catelyn's last chapter is that it's basically a work of horror fiction, not fantasy, in terms of the mode in which it is written. George does everything but throw in the boogie man.

Really, TV can do this stuff. Whether the writers want to do it or not, that's up to them. But it is possible.

I can pretty much guarantee that I would hate your TV adaptation of the Red Wedding.

I gave it a 10. There was a lot of things that I wanted in beforehand that didn't make it, but I realized as I was watching that all the action in the book would have been pretty hard to mix in with the shakespearean need to have people stand up, talk, and interact. There really is only so much physical moving around that can be done in a scene where people are also talking before the scene starts suffering. The RW really isn't easily done as a blackwater style action sequence

It would've been a perfect 10 but I hate so much Kit Harington hideous representation of Jon Snow.

Michelle Fairley acting was so great, so neat, that final scene where Robb is killed and she does not scream hysterically, cause a mother has no more strength inside her after seeing her child being killed in front of her. Perfect perfect. We all wanted to see Catelyn clawing her face, but I think the actress reached the same drama point with a final vacant, impotent look in her eyes.

And those who are so critic about Hbo's RW, I feel that the message was clearly delivered, they nailed it. The RW leaves you a sour flavor on your mouth, I don't think that any of the unsullied that watch the show got any other message from that scene: betrayal, fury, sadness, vengance.

It would've been a perfect 10 but I hate so much Kit Harington hideous representation of Jon Snow.

Michelle Fairley acting was so great, so neat, that final scene where Robb is killed and she does not scream hysterically, cause a mother has no more strength inside her after seeing her child being killed in front of her. Perfect perfect. We all wanted to see Catelyn clawing her face, but I think the actress reached the same drama point with a final vacant, impotent look in her eyes.

And those who are so critic about Hbo's RW, I feel that the message was clearly delivered, they nailed it. The RW leaves you a sour flavor on your mouth, I don't think that any of the unsullied that watch the show got any other message from that scene: betrayal, fury, sadness, vengance.

I generally think show Jon has been lacking in S2 through now but this episode Jon was more Jon than ever so it's odd to bring that up this episode. Maybe you just don't like Kit's face? I know he's a heartthrob to the ladies but I could see finding his face annoying lol.

10, I felt stunned...and I don't think I will be able to get it out of my mind for weeks. The silence at the end was so chilling. I hope Lady Stoneheart get s sick and twisted safisfying revenge on the effing bastards. I felt sick to my stomach...and I read the books too. Honestly I thought that scene was better than the book part. Having Robbs wife there made it more sickening and Michele F was amazing. I was cryin my head off. And My BF who never has cried to any movie or show that I have seen...was crying. We been together for 4 years and I was shocked to see him crying too. This is seriously the best show I have ever watched.

This episode was poor, couldn't have made a worse attempt at showing such a good event in the books. Poor effort by the game of thrones team. I'm really disappointed with this whole series. Hopefully it gets better.

How did they miss killing Blackfish out side. I mean really he is kinda hard to miss and if he survives episode 10. I say the Freys and Boltons need some goof Fishy revenge.

Perhaps he escaped through the hole in the Gardrobe?

Although if he did, he would have to change his name to Stinkyfish.

This episode was poor, couldn't have made a worse attempt at showing such a good event in the books. Poor effort by the game of thrones team. I'm really disappointed with this whole series. Hopefully it gets better.

Um, if you don't like the series after 29 episodes, it's probably not going to "get better".

This episode got a 9.8 from around 7000 viewers in IMDb. That makes it the highest rated episode of a TV show ever tying it with Breaking Bad's "Face Off". In comparison Blackwater got a 9.4 and Baelor got a 9.1.

What about the episode of Beverly Hills 90210 when David Silver's friend accidentally shoots himself while playing with a gun.

Edited by Khal Pono

This episode got a 9.8 from around 7000 viewers in IMDb. That makes it the highest rated episode of a TV show ever tying it with Breaking Bad's "Face Off". In comparison Blackwater got a 9.4 and Baelor got a 9.1.

"Face Off" was great, but come on, "Crawl Space", episode 11, was the best thing ever.

And I'd say Blackwater was a little bit better than Rains of, but these are definetly the top 2.

"Face Off" was great, but come on, "Crawl Space", episode 11, was the best thing ever.

Truth. That ending is just perfection.

Speaking of which, I was dying to see Michelle Fairley channeling her inner Walter White and going insane while laughing and sobbing at the same time just before her throat was slit. Maybe they decided not to do it, out of the fear that it would look too camp? If so, they're probably wrong. Fairley is an excellent actress, and she would have been able to nail it. Or maybe they decided not to do it, since it might appear too similar to the ending of Crawl Space? IDK.

And I'd say Blackwater was a little bit better than Rains of, but these are definetly the top 2.

Definitely. Crawl Space was easily better than Face Off and is my favourite BrBa episode. The ending like the previous poster said is just sheer perfection!

And I don't know if we're allowed to go off-topic but, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones? What do you guys think?

Definitely. Crawl Space was easily better than Face Off and is my favourite BrBa episode. The ending like the previous poster said is just sheer perfection!

And I don't know if we're allowed to go off-topic but, Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones? What do you guys think?

BB definitely. I love GOT, but Breaking Bad is on a whole another level in terms of artistic integrity and depth.

I suppose it was a joke. But that was a pretty good episode.

no it makes sense, especially in the context of the current episode. both were well above par for their respective series, and both had one incredible scene.

the red wedding and the scene with brandon and david in the radio booth. ( i dont know if this episode had a particular line as good as "it doesnt matter what you say about someone once their dead, it matters how you treat while theyre still here")

annnd, both were far from the pinnacle of their series (blackwater and one wedding and a funeral)

to quote the greatest scene of all time: "tell me this is a joke."

Edited by Reposado