[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ OP)

This thread is for discussing what you loved about the episode, from the largest plot point to the smallest facial expression or background detail.

Here are the rules of this thread. If you cannot follow them, do not post. I don't like having to waste posts in my own threads by quoting and correcting everyone who doesn't bother to read the rules.

* NO complaining or negative comments in this thread. This is our "happy place". Is the show perfect? Hell no, but that's not what this thread is about.

* Book/TV spoilers are fine inside spoiler tags ONLY. If you do not know how to make one, it's simple. Here is an example:

[.spoiler]Darth Vader is Luke's father[/.spoiler] without the periods becomes

Darth Vader is Luke's father

If you aren't sure, tag it anyway.

* Boy's real name is considered a spoiler unless revealed.

* This thread is NOT for predictions or speculation

* Above all, I want this thread to be a happy place where people can be sheltered from all of the negativity. And it has to remain 100% spoiler free for our non-reader friends so that as many people as possible can join in! This is supposed to be fun and happy (or as fun and happy as Game of Thrones can be!)

Phenomenal episode. I'm glad they went for less story lines in order to make the ones they focused on longer.

-Bran/Rickon splitting was more heartbreaking than I originally would have thought.

-I very much liked the Jon scenes. Ygritte's reaction was a job well done by Rose Leslie. Also, Jon getting attacked by Orell as the eagle was good.

-Nice Hound/Arya dynamic.

The whole post is spoileriffic:

Catelyn's final exp

ression of pure despair and empty desolation. Perfectly acted and very sad.

Grey Wind peeking through the bottom of the stable at Arya and dying.

Robb's last word: "Mother" ...and his sad, sad expression

The Hound's expression after Arya bashed the guy on the skull after he regained consciousness.

Ygritte's rage-filled expression when Jon bailed on her.

Bran warging Hodor. Creepfest.

Summer getting to rickroll some wildlings.

Edmure's comments "Once you set the monster free it's hard to get him caged again!" or whatever he said during the bedding, haha. Something like that.

The Blackfish trying to avoid the eyes of the Frey women who were battling lashes at him.

The awful, creepy, but really well done series of moments from when the Frey goon shuts the doors and Catelyn instinctively knows something is wrong. Big build-up there, and Roose's cold, smiling stare when she sees thathe's wearing mail.

Sidenote: My least favorite moment, not because it was poorly done, but just because it was awful to see, was Talysa getting stabbed in the abdomen to kill fetus and the heir to the North. That was just horrible.

The pacing throughout the entire episode I thought was perfect. Honestly, I thought it would've been a disjointed mess, but each subplot was thankfully given an appropriate amount of time.

Oh, and I loved seeing Bran discover his warging abilities. That whole scene was tense and epic as hell :)

Wow. Loved this episode. I could be very specific, but that would take to long, so here are a few general things I thought were great:

• Hound and Arya interaction
  • 3 very distinct fighting styles with the guards at Yunkai
  • Bran AND Rickon
  • Jon's escape all around
  • Walder fucking Frey
  • Reveal to Edmure of his pretty bride

Just about everything save one which i already explained in the Nitpick thread.

Cat's catatonic stare just won my face.

Queenscrown was cool.

The near-misses of the Starks coming together was just awesome. And really sad.

Jon finally got his face mangled.

Ygritte's look of devastation at Jon's betrayal.

Osha and Rickon leaving. :(

Everything

I'm not even going to lie when I watched it the second time I shed a few tears when

Rickon and Bran split up and also when Grey Wind died

Roose Bolton... very well done. The way Cat KNEW shit was going wrong just that hopeless expression on her face that entire scene. Bran finally warging!

I loved how there were so many subtle and non-subtle hints to the end result. Fuck what an episode...

The pace of the episode was good only 50 mins which means we will get a 60 minute finale again. The acting was also top notch seriously everyone seemed to have been on their A game for this one.. the way Jorah's face changed from joy and hope to defeat when he realizes that Dany is in love with Daario.

Roslin Frey was also very well played, she had those momentary frozen expressions because she knew what was going to happen... honestly I'm rooting for Edmure more than ever I didn't really care for him in the books and even though his character is only beginning to be developed on the show I can tell that Tobias Menzies is gonna nail this role hence making me like him more in the books as well

Fantastic episode and best of the season by far. Walter Frey was so fucking fantastic I feel guilty for liking him. Hound and Aryra stuff is great too and love his facial expressions each time she shocks him with how not Sansa she is.

-FUCKING LOVED how Roose didn't give a shit when Cat saw the chainmail. Also loved him snarling "The Lannisters send their regards" and the inclusion of the Fat Walda story.

-Great foreshadowing of Robb's demise with Bran pointing out that Rickon would be the heir to Winterfell

-Orell's eagle attacking Jon

-Cat begging Robb to walk out. It was just how I imagined it to be. God, Michelle Fairley just tore me apart in this episode.

-Daario seems likable

-The Frey girls looking at the Blackfish

-The actress that played Roslin did a good job

-Fucking Argus Filch you loathsome motherfucker

I continue to be impressed with how tightly they are weaving the storylines together. There was quite a bit of dialogue harking back to the first season. They have also done extraordinarily well using the songs as to foreshadow what will happen.

One of my favorite scenes is Robb and Cat talking in the tent. He tells Cat how she was right when she warned him about Theon, and he wants to take her advice. What isn't mention but what the viewer will come to know is that Cat was also correct when she warned him what might happen if he breaks the betrothal with the Frey. The viewer is aware that Cat warned him about wedding Talisa, but showrunners didn't spoonfeed it. It was a perfect set-up to creating the sense of dread that continued on throughout the episode.

I continue to be impressed with how tightly they are weaving the storylines together. There was quite a bit of dialogue harking back to the first season. They have also done extraordinarily well using the songs as to foreshadow what will happen.

One of my favorite scenes is Robb and Cat talking in the tent. He tells Cat how she was right when she warned him about Theon, and he wants to take her advice. What isn't mention but what the viewer will come to know is that Cat was also correct when she warned him what might happen if he breaks the betrothal with the Frey. The viewer is aware that Cat warned him about wedding Talisa, but showrunners didn't spoonfeed it. It was a perfect set-up to creating the sense of dread that continued on throughout the episode.

I liked the Robb/Cat scene too. Made Robb much more likable.

And I agree on your first point. I loved how Gilly called Sam a "wizard". Didn't he say he always wanted to be one in S1? I think this approach they've taken in the past 2 episodes, where they only focus on about 3-5 plots rather than cram in about 9 is a much better form of storytelling. It would work better if they had more episodes per season though.

Archived