[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ OP)

How the hell do they just find child actors who are better than about 90% of TV actors? Arya just owns every scene and the kid who plays Rickon Stark, at the age of 12, is better at conveying emotion and gives a more heartbreaking performance than most lead hollywood actors could. It does not make sense?! The people who do the casting genuinely deserve the most credit out of everyone to do with the show in my opinion.

I liked the Robb/Cat scene too. Made Robb much more likable.

And I agree on your first point. I loved how Gilly called Sam a "wizard". Didn't he say he always wanted to be one in S1? I think this approach they've taken in the past 2 episodes, where they only focus on about 3-5 plots rather than cram in about 9 is a much better form of storytelling. It would work better if they had more episodes per season though.

Yup, Sam said he wanted to be a wizard in season 1! There was also a small bit where there was a bit of a reminder of ShowSyrio's "What do we say to the god of death? Not today!" in the Sandor/Arya scene. She says, "Someday I will yadda yadda kill you", then turns away from him. "Not today" immediately went through my head with that one. There were a couple of others that I can't recall off the top of my head.

I agree with you, showing fewer arcs each episode makes it more enjoyable, and also works to tighten up the woven storylines. This is a shallow example, but Cersei going into detail last week about the Rains of Castamere at the wedding helped weave that bit of history into why Frey would react the way he did when the betrothal was broken. It would have been odd or too cheesy if that explanation and the Red Wedding came all in the same episode.

How the hell do they just find child actors who are better than about 90% of TV actors? Arya just owns every scene and the kid who plays Rickon Stark, at the age of 12, is better at conveying emotion and gives a more heartbreaking performance than most lead hollywood actors could. It does not make sense?! The people who do the casting genuinely deserve the most credit out of everyone to do with the show in my opinion.

Well, mostly the casting has been excellent.

Negativity removed.

Loved everyone and everything about the wedding (except the deaths of course, I will surely miss those characters), it was done very very well.

Arya and Hound! Gotta love it.

Seeing Jorah's jealously is great. I feel bad, but I feel like next episode it may become common knowledge that he is jealous.

Rickon was great and Bran warging into Hodor and having the wolves kick some ass.

Jon killing Orell and getting attacked by the bird

SO GOOD

In particular -

Robb joking with Talisa 'maybe ive made a huge mistake'

Roose Bolton Is so good! The exact cold fucker I knew hed be.

Walder Frey is amazing aswell, drinking his wine and enjoying the carnage

and the best bit in the whole episode - when The Rains of Castamere came on. I was like 'holy shit here it comes!' and Cats face when that happens is brilliant, change from joy to dread.

Just amazing.

i liked the scene when Roslin looks at Robb and then Robb at lord frey and the lord frey teasing him and was like " see.. u would have got much beautiful pussy than what u own. "

In retrospect he was probably giving that look just to spite the man he knew would be dead in a few hours.

- The twisted, sociopathic smile from Roose. Eek! He and Ramsey are going to make a great duo.

- Talisa's death was disgusting. Robbs' and Cats' both perfect. Michelle Fairley should at least get a nomination for her performance.

Also, Jon ditching the Wildlings was a great moment for the sole reason that I'm bored of that storyline. :cool4:

I'm just glad to see the "Stark Voice", their POV in this episode. Bran as a wise little lord. Rickon even getting a moment to be a little brother. Jon Snow going hero mode. The freaking direwolves making a comeback. This episode makes up for the farce that of a wedding two weeks ago that was in no way shape or form from Sansa's point of view. Obviously, Cat at the wedding. Robb maintaining some dignity, saying a quiet goodbye to his wife, unborn child, and mother before the end.

I love the interplay between Roose and Cat.

Happy that the Talisa/Jeyne Westerling theories are DOA now.

Continued good dynamic between the Arya and the Hound.

The outstanding acting of Michelle Fairley this episode . Also the same for those two young actors playing Bran and Rickon in their final scene together.

The silence of the final credits - absolutely right.

Archived