[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ OP)

For me to was the whole sequence right before the carnage took place. From the moment that the Frey closed the door till Catelyn bitch slapped Roose...that whole sequence was so heart poundingly good.

I loved the first initial look of suspicion when Catelyn saw the Frey close the door. She, and the audience, became a little unsettled in that moment. Then when the Rains of Castamere started playing it was a total "Oh nooo...." moment. I know the audience knew something was wrong but didn't quite expect what was about to happen.

Then the whole quiet exchange between Catelyn and Roose was magnificent. Roose is such a monster and it really showed in that flash moment. He was basically telling her "Yep, you and yours are done and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it. Sorry, my lady." He does this all without saying a single damn word. Perfection!

Actually I enjoyed that there was actual sword fighting for once. That fight in Yunkai was the best on the show thus far. Better even than Ned vs. Jaime.

The Red Wedding really was perfect. I didn't think it would hurt nearly as much as it did....but here I am almost a day later and I can't think straight.

Anyone else think that Bran being called out as an exception Warg has some kind of portency to book Bran taking over a Dragon?

So much to love in this episode.

Rickon made me cry when they were saying goodbye. "But I'm your brother, I have to protect you!" :crying:

Osha telling Rickon that they'll have adventures and her all around caring about the boys so much. I never cared much about Rickon in the books, but I kinda want to see The Adventures of Osha, Rickon, and Shaggydog.

Grey Worm's kick ass spear skills.

I can't WAIT for the Viper vs. the Mountain scene now. More spear fighting please!

Arya hitting the old man over the head after convincing the Hound to let him live.

Then there's the standout bits for me at the Red Wedding

Cat and the Blackfish talking about Edmure. "He's my nephew, and a damn fool" lol.

The bedding, Drunk Edmure, and Talisa's complete confusion about it.

Rob and Talisa talking about naming the baby Ned.

Rains of Castamere gave me the fucking chills.

Walder Frey sipping his wine watching the massacre

Can we have Frey Pie now? I'm feeling the need for vengeance for the North

Death of Grey Wind

The complete silence of the credits. Completely perfect to let us reflect on the horror we've just witnessed

I thought I was emotionally prepared for this episode.... I so was not. :bawl:

I liked pretty much everything, but if I have to choose:

-Grey Worm being a boss fighting with the spear. Such elegant dance!

-Rickon and Bran's farewell. That little boy playing Rickon sure can act.

-Frey's expression when Robb looks at him after he sees Roslin. You may even believe the man was actually funny and in good spirit..

-ETA: Jon Snow "You were right about me all the time" sick delivery in the best way possible.

-ETA: the fact they chose the cello as the instrument playing the Rains of Castemere. There's no other instrument with such a beautiful, haunting and sad sound.

Going to copy and paste some stuff I said in another board, but generally:

The Freys are some of the most alarming looking characters I think I've seen in any television show. I remember thinking how odd the two Freys that came to parlay with the Tully-Starks were. They all have the creepiness factor down packed!

I loved how they had the superficial Edmure in suspense about his bride. They introduced all of Walder Frey's unattractive daughters then kept Roslin back until the moment they were to exchange vows. She is VERY pretty! I also loved how she was calm during the ceremony, unlike book Roslin who was a sobbing mess every time she was shown. The ceremony itself was pretty and jolly, regardless of how I felt about the killin's (oh, Hagrid!) and the music was great. I liked that they had the orchestra capable, instead of playing horribly.

Also, loved the addition of the Twins in the opening credits! Quick question though.. right before the Twins and after Dragonstone, they breezed over an Inn.. which Inn was it? Everytime I tried to pause it, my comcast bar was in the way :(

On a side note, can I take a brief moment to say how much I enjoy Edmure?? He's just so silly and superficial and I think that it makes him kind of endearing.

He really thought he was doing something with that Mill situation. How cute!

I thought that Jon and Bran's storylines were well done, and I was excited to see Bran warging into Hodor. Also, the kid playing Rickon finally got a few lines and he's a great little actor, it turns out! And I thought that Osha and Rickon's departure was done nicely, and I think I actually prefer this one than the books. We get more screen time from Natalia, who I think really brings Osha's character to life. I hope the show follows Osha and Rickon.

Even though this was wayy out of character, but Roose Trollton was hilarious. Taunting Catelyn with hinting his armor underneath his clothes, lol! Then her follow up slap, and him running out of the shot.. I was torn! Half of me was wtf and the other half was all lols.

- "Do it. Do it!" Ygritte urging Jon to behead the old man, using the exact same words she used when she urged him to hurry up and behead her as well. It seems Jon isn't too great at beheading folks, which makes for great character development later when he kills the boy and becomes the man... i.e. he beheads Slynt.

- Great instance of show don't tell when Orell wargs into his eagle after his death.

- The way Jorah's heart breaks when all Dany cares about is Daario. (I'm sorry to say, but Dany just firmly placed herself in my most hated character category, as in, I already disliked her in the books, but now I hate her in the show as well!). You can't fault Iain Glen, he's unflappable.

- Grey Worm was amazing with that spear, as a lot of people have said. When I saw him fighting all I said to my friend was, "Did Grey Worm just become my favourite character?"

- Rickon

and now on to the Good Stuff:

- 'The Lannister's Send Their Regards' was the perfect score for the Red Wedding.

- Walder Frey... Wow! How can he go from such a funny old perv to such a horrible twat so quickly?

- Arya witnessing Grey Wind dying... and

- Grey Wind dying. I was so sad that he didn't get his amazing final stand as he did in the books, but I think that's the point. His death seemed so undeserving and he was just brutally slaughtered in a place he couldn't get out from, just like his owner. His dying growl, and his eyes closing, was the most tragic thing I've ever seen/heard.

- Roose Bolton's, "got you now," smile. Why do I like him so much? He's just played perfectly.

- Michelle Fairley was impeccable. Flawlessly switching between threatening Walder Frey and begging Robb to leave. Amazing acting and her scream when Robb was killed will haunt me forever.

- Goodbye Eddard 2.0, your life was a short one.

Yeah. I know it was probably like the 3rd time he said anything, but that was a good scene.

My favourite moment was the look Walter Frey gave Robb when it turned out the arseface bride everyone was expecting turned out to be incredibly pretty. When taken out of the whole RW context, that was one of the funniest scenes in this season.

Hot damn do I love Michelle Fairley

to clarify: (book stuff about the last scene, no spoiler technically)

Cat's breakdown in the books - the laughter, the hysteria, etc. - was genuinely upsetting and distressing for me, but I'm not sure it would have worked all that well on screen. I felt that her going catatonic instead was a fantastic way to adapt that moment and it upset me just as much as reading that chapter for the first time, if not moreso.

I enjoyed Arya and Sandor snapping at each other like the unsocialized feral beings that they are. I really like that Arya is smart and brave and trying so very hard to be an adult... but she's a kid. She doesn't remotely comprehend Sandor's motivations. She doesn't have a good sense of her limitations. She's not amazing at everything, but she's also not just a useless screaming moppet.

I like that Daario's speech patterns are sorta similar to Jaquen's; its a neat way of talking and it builds a little world.

I'm glad we're done speculating about Talisa. :)

Ygritte's look of disbelief that Jon abandoned her, right after she risked her neck again for him, was incredible. She put it all on the line for him and he rode off on a horse to warn his people without looking back.

I'm grateful that fans on this site pointed out to me the meaning of the "Jaime / Lannisters send their regards" was that Catelyn's release of Jaime made the RW possible. I hadn't previously understood why, of all the things Bolton could have chosen to say, he picked that one. Evil B$%@*#$.

Arya slamming that man across his face - and Hounds reaction to this : " whattaa.."

Ygrittes facial expression after Jon left her.

Rickon - well done lad!

Brans eyes turning upside down.

Shaggydog and Summer in action - F I N A L L Y !

Sandor eating pigs feet.

Eagle attacking Jon.

Rob standing with arrows in his body.

Archived