[NO SPOILERS] "Positive Nitpicking" - What you loved about the episode (READ OP)

the little things i liked were

- the roose scene with catelyn earlier (when they talked about how he wasnt drinking, and about his wife, it was great foreshadowing, and providing some cool info from the books, edmure and roslin's marriage scene was good, also bits at and just before the actual massacre and during it, the rains of castamere playing, the bit with roose's chain mail, the bit with the hound at the gates, grey wind's eyes shutting, and catelyn's bit at the end (great acting by Michelle Fairley)

There were so many good things that it's hard to even nitpick positively.

The bread and salt ritual was a very nice nod.

Roose talking about his choice of wife was also nice.

The Rains of Castamere is so beautiful and chilling at the same time.

I liked how Catelyn seemed to just die emotionally before she was killed, which sort of foreshadowed Lady Stoneheart for me when she stood there without exp

ression.

besides the amazing RW and other obviously awesome scenes.. there were some small but really good things that made me smile

1. Wendel Manderly!! Finally...now we can all expect Wyman, north's most awesome fat guy's "The North Remembers" scene.

2.Hodor. people can laugh all they want about how simple his role is BUT his reactions and expressions were exactly as i imagined from the books as is the

character himself

3. Orell's expression when he looks at the tower. You can clearly see that he sensed the presence of someone like him(though probably not able to understand its another warg)

4. The expressions on the musician's faces as they are playing in RW..especially when the play "the bear and maiden fair" during bedding etc...i had to laugh(cruel i knw) We knw they gonna let loose some arrows all over the place and so did they...they were almost grinning and trying hard to cover their expressions as they played...knowing whats coming

5. Cat begging Robb to walk away...thats when the tears got flowing for me.."Please.....Please...". I prefer this ending to Cat.The book version would have been too much over-acting on screen(like dario's beard :P )

6. Jorah's face when Dany asks for Daario. Ultimate heartbreak captured in single expression.

7.Most likely, its Robb looking at Arya through Grey Wind in that split second they have eye contact.

8. I think the Hound can sniff out(Pun intended) a faceless man if he ever encounters one(assuming grave digger=hound). ("You can hide behind that mask" or something..foreshadowing?)

9. I think Blackfish might have had a kind of 'history' with the frey girls..he looks like he regrets doing something when those frey girls eye fuck him ;)

Actually I enjoyed that there was actual sword fighting for once. That fight in Yunkai was the best on the show thus far. Better even than Ned vs. Jaime.

The Red Wedding really was perfect. I didn't think it would hurt nearly as much as it did....but here I am almost a day later and I can't think straight.

Anyone else think that Bran being called out as an exception Warg has some kind of portency to book Bran taking over a Dragon?

Also forgot to add:

"You were right the whole time."

Once again nice to see Jon growing a pair and sticking it (literally) to Orell.

-Grey Worm being a boss fighting with the spear. Such elegant dance!

This episode made me realize Grey Worm is kinda hot. How did I not see it before?

This.

I understand that people have their own opinions, but I have ran across quite a few posts criticizing his fighting. WHAT! He fights exactly as how I imagined an Unsullied would.. it was very elegant yet brutal. Hard to explain. Everyone else was just kind of flailing about, whereas GW's actually had method behind it, and it was choreographed wonderfully!

I liked Grey Worm. Sure, on a proper field battle, there probably wouldn't be much room for twirling spear tricks in the strategy of a spear wall. t I can totally understand individual unsullied having mad skills with the spear.

VV spoilers-Beware VV

Best thing of the episode was that Talisha died. I hated that character. Oona's acting wasn't bad at all, I probably couldn't get over the fact that they just could've put a Westerling in. Also, the first few episodes where she appears probably ruined her for me for all times.

Hear death was brutal though and awesomely well done.

I loved all of the Bran scenes and cried because it was so touching when he and Rickon had to say goodbye. I loved how tender Osha was toward Rickon in comforting him and giving him courage and how she told Jojen and Meera to take care of 'the little lord' because he meant the world to her. And I loved how Meera and Jojen got to see the tender part of Osha, too.

I thought it was cute how Gilly called Sam a Wizard even before someone reminded me that Sam had said how he wanted to be a wizard when he was a little boy.

I loved the wedding ceremony itself and the look on Edmure's face when he saw Roslyn, and how she was so sweet and innocent. It made me remember in the book that

she was crying during the bedding ceremony, not because of the bedding, but because she knew that Edmure's family was about to be killed.

And I loved how they were feeding each other at the feast after the ceremony.

I loved that we at least got to see three of the direwolves again, and loved that Bran got to see Jon again, even if only through summer's eyes. And I loved that Shaggy Dog and Summer saved Jon. And I loved that Jon couldn't kill the old man - that that's when he knew he couldn't go any further with the wildlings and that the time had come for him to break away so he could get a warning to CB.

I loved that we got more of Arya and the Hound, and I loved how she took the stick and hit the man with the wagon again when he started to wake up to show the Hound how it should be done, that he didn't have to be killed in order for them to accomplish what they needed.

ETA: And I really wanted to say how much I love this thread. Sometimes it's so easy for me to find negative things about the show because of how it differs from the books and it's nice for me to find that once I start writing positives, lots and lots of them come to mind, too.

They did a good job making Walder Frey memorable after having all the Freys left out almost since we met them in season 1, and season 1 was barely passable as to his prickly nature. I was curious is non-readers would even remember or care about them going in and the impact that would have on the RW. But they did a great job with him.

This episode was excellent and was sold so well by the cast.

Such as:

~ The look on Jorah's face when Dany asks for Daario. I think my heart broke with his.

~ I loved getting to see Rickon and seeing him and Bran depart was much more devastating on screen than in the books. I think it's made worse by the specific episode that this happens in with the different Stark relatives each getting so close to one another only to miss out on reuniting.

~ Bran warging Hodor and Jojen saying "No one does that."

~ The look on Ygritte's face when Jon made off.

~ Every single thing that Maisie Williams did, especially her look of longing and fear when she was getting close to the Twins

~ The chill that went up my spine when I saw the Twins on the opening credits

~ GREY WORM - I love him! That actor has a small role, but he is so phenomenal in all the small moments he is given. More Grey Worm please!!!!!

I think I should just say Everything!

~ I don't think there's anything about the Red Wedding that I didn't appreciate. From Lord Frey's smirk when Robb saw Roslyn. The introduction of his daughters, I actually enjoyed Robb & Talisa this episode - their chemistry was spot on. I even got a little choked up at her wanting to name the baby Eddard. :crying:

~ Roose Bolton's role and his douchey comments about his wife. The doors being shut and the ROC being played. Catelyn slapping Roose!

~ Michelle Fairley = Perfection, absolute perfection

All the Starks were gold in this episode, even Talisa Maegyr-Stark, she gets postumous props for naming little Ned :crying:

Summer & Shaggydog in action!

Can't get enough of Arya & the Hound (good thing there's more to come)

Daario, Jorah & Grey Worm bringing some awesomeness on the Yunkish (super-fun, if not terribly realistic)

Sam actually knowing where he's going & having learned something useful. Nice change. (Couldn't Aemon give him his chain? Does a Maester have to go to Oldtown, or can a maester make a maester?)

Archived