[Book Spoilers] Catelyn @ the end

I love the way they showed Cat. It felt very true to the books, though i do wish they'd have kept the dialogue about her being mad and then deciding to kill her.

My only actual complaint is with the editing, when Cat screams it cuts from one powerful shot of Michelle, the scream continues over a few shots and then it cuts back to michelle where she looks catatonic and it just doesn't fit with the sound. I noticed it on my first viewing and still find it jarring.

But I think Michelle killed it. Was more surprised by Talissa's death though, guess those spy hints were just a red herring after all.

Yeah, it wouldn't have worked well in the show. In the books, we see her thought process, how she thinks it's ravens, that the blood on her wrists are worms etc. The way the show did it was the way to show she was crazy without the advantage of thought process. That, and I don't know if the effects would have been good. I mean, the effects for Frey's wife's throat being cut, and Cat's were pretty bad, IMO.

Agreed those were pretty bad throat slashings.....they could have done better effects wise on those.....

lack of violence, bloodshed and screaming in that room. RW went not that much red what i was expecting.

It was worse than what I expected. I mean a pregnant woman got stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. That alone made it 10x worse than the book version for me.

It was worse than what I expected. I mean a pregnant woman got stabbed repeatedly in the stomach. That alone made it 10x worse than the book version for me.

they failed to give enough justice to the song " the rains of castamere "

Wow, I have to read the book to hear that.

I thought Fairley was perfect in that scene, from the dread when "Rains" started playing to her throat being slit. Having the face claw up in the book wouldn't have worked to well, in my opinion. Maybe they can have her face disfigured by some animal when her body washes up from the river.

Wat.

Pretty much everybody that wasn't a Frey got slaughtered in that room. A pregnant woman was repeatedly stabbed in her stomach.

i was expecting the level of bloodshed similar to the ending scene of spartacus blood and sand.

I thought they did a very good job of that whole ordeal. After seeing that betrayal and the smirk on Walders face as the Northmen were killed, I find myself looking very forward to Stonehearts arrival and her version of justice upon the Freys.

I'm surprised to see a lot of disappointment at Cat not clawing her face off. Take heart viewers, she still has three whole days worth of laying on the river bank for crows to chew her face up real good and achieve the desired effect.

Michelle Fairley was amazing as always. Her face pretty much said it all, and I never expected the face shredding anyway (that would've either been expensive CGI or make up that looked unconvincing), so it worked for me. That said, I still would've preferred mad Cat before the throat slit, but I didn't mind too much.

Archived