[Book Spoilers] Catelyn @ the end

Everything else was operatic, so why they pulled away to a catatonic Catelyn, I do not know. I didn't care for it at all.

I disagree, the way her face changed, was amazing. it said everything. She had lost everything.

I'm glad they left the face shredding out. It would have been too gruesome and I think the catatonic state she was left in worked better onscreen and mirrored how stunned the audience must have felt to witness such utter desolation. It was gut-wrenching to witness Cat trying desperately to barter for Robb's life only to see him brutally cut down in front of her. Her scream and the way her face changes after and all the life seems to go out of her even before her throat is cut...Michelle did a tremendous job with the scene.

I'm glad there was no face-shredding, and unlike the previous posters, I thought her reaction was PERFECT. It was the picture of utter and complete desolation. Her world was shattered and in that moment she was nothing but a void of despair.

Exactly. Michelle Fairly nailed it.

Everything else was operatic, so why they pulled away to a catatonic Catelyn, I do not know. I didn't care for it at all.

Yeah, strange . But I think that it worked better than the bizarre thing with her hair which wouldn't sound right coming out. But then, that's not saying much.

Was also surprised by Robb's own pseudo-catatonia. And with him I'm not really sure if it was a deliberate decision or weak acting or a deliberate decision let down by weak acting.

Her face of despair when begging Walder Frey to release Robb was the epic moment of this episode. That was when I became depressed about the whole scene. People were afraid Fairley would not make justice to it, but apparently she is a great actress.

Michelle Fairley was amazing as always. Her face pretty much said it all, and I never expected the face shredding anyway (that would've either been expensive CGI or make up that looked unconvincing), so it worked for me. That said, I still would've preferred mad Cat before the throat slit, but I didn't mind too much.

I agree. I think they avoided it for the same reason as they did Tyrion's missing nose. It probably would have been too hard to keep up.

Archived