[Book Spoilers] Catelyn @ the end

OMG I've been trying to log on all DAY to post in this topic and it finally worked. Huzzah!

I really liked Cat's death scene, I thought it was perfect. I think while the insane laughter worked in the books, if they'd tried to do it on screen it would just have looked very odd and would have broken the devastation of it.

And seriously what is wrong with all those ppl saying they will cancel their subs because of this? Don't they know the series is nicknamed "Everyone You Like Dies"?

LOL

I was not impressed by Madden's performance. I wasn't sure what his final call to his mother was trying to convey - despair, a plea for help, both? But Fairley made up for it and then some. I didn't miss her self-mutilation at all; and liked the way she just shut down, as the life slipped out of her and she turned to stone before they cut her throat.

Yeah, the thing is, going off previous scenes I trust Fairley enough to just accept that most of the things she does are deliberate, as was obviously the case here. Madden? Not so much.

And just to be clear here I'm talking about his reaction while he held Talisa.

It was as if she was already dead. I thought it was perfect.

Her desperation in the book worked because we could read what she was thinking.

For tv, her catatonic state fit better to send the message.

One of her arms kind of slumps and her face looked to droop... was almost like she was having a stroke. Or maybe I'm seeing something that wasn't there. Maybe it was just utter desolation.

Either way, horrifyingly good end for Lady Catelyn.

I think they had her caked in prosthetics for the throat slash effects. She looked a bit like a wax figurine at the end(which actually wasn't cheesy, it added to the creepiness).

I don't know about you, but regardless of whatever was left out of the books, Fairley's performance was absolutely excellent in this episode.

Never liked her much, but she redeemed herself and then some in this episode.

I'm hoping for all the books on the small screen, but I fear season 4 will be the last.

I do really hope for more though. I would love to see Fairley again.

I don't know about you, but regardless of whatever was left out of the books, Fairley's performance was absolutely excellent in this episode.

Never liked her much, but she redeemed herself and then some in this episode.

I'm hoping for all the books on the small screen, but I fear season 4 will be the last.

I do really hope for more though. I would love to see Fairley again.

Nah they said that it will go seven seasons in a article I read. Unless a ton of people tune out over the RW.

I guess I'm the only one who thought her big NOOOO was a bit narm-y.

But I guess I just have a horrible sense of humor.

I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure if someone walked in and told me both my sons were dead my first reaction would proably not be to clench my fists, hold them out to my sides, tilt my head back, stare into the sky and bellow: "Nooooooooooo!", but somehow that seems to be the only way movies/TV seem to be able to convey loss.

Robb was completely lost, and the King became a boy again when he called for his mother.

I have recently read that Sharon Tate's last words while she was being murdered were "mother". When I saw GOT I immediately thought of that. I thought that it was kind of fitting with Robb feeling totally broken and helpless.

I can't say for certain but I'm pretty sure if someone walked in and told me both my sons were dead my first reaction would proably not be to clench my fists, hold them out to my sides, tilt my head back, stare into the sky and bellow: "Nooooooooooo!", but somehow that seems to be the only way movies/TV seem to be able to convey loss.

Damn, I didn't realise how exact these events are to that Darth Vader scene at the end of Star Wars 3 until I read your description.

That "wail" at the end was so awkward and out of place that it completely took me out of the scene. How is it that the directors saw that take and said,"Oh yeah, that's the one right there." Completely boggles me. The rest of her performance was great and she had to have had better takes for the end, but oh well.

Archived