[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

To be frank, this series (book and tv) is just like life:

-There's the "good."

-There's the "bad."

-There's the "really bad."

-There's the "shit, that's fucking bad."

-There's the "no more faith in humanity."

You'll experience all of them in this series, but just like life, you have to have hope and believe that it'll all end well.

Keep on with the series. You'll enjoy it.

If you think this is going to have a happy ending then you haven't been paying attention - Ramsay

Basically sums up the show. It's a hell of a ride and even though I knew it was coming it was so different SEEING it happen, the closest thing I can think of that made me feel like this (on TV) was when a certain someone died at the end of season 4 of Dexter.... just this... emptiness

More tears for an animal than for people?

Not saying I am surprised.

Eh, Greywind got me too and I knew it was coming. I would have killed to watch this episode with some unsullied.

Well I saw these comments from the HBO forum and I wanted to share them with everyone on here:

"I haven't read the books...and I 'm trying to think back on the last happy moment i can remember on the show, and I believe it was in episode 1. I'm so sad, so bummed and SO MAD that I got hooked into a series that I love so much, that has NOTHING GOOD happening. ever. I think I"m actually done with Game of Thrones....!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! "

"the rest of Robs army is unemployed and hoping for obamacare "

"Well. I sure hope this comment makes it to the writers. Games of Thrones was my favorite show. After today's episode, I will never watch it again. OK writers.... Get a clue.. You cannot kill the good guys. I'm sorry I even have to say this. People watch shows because the good guys eventually prevail.. They don't get killed. The last two episodes have been a disappointment but today's episode really took the cake. Really.... Again you writers really suck..".

"this show has no honor, the family with all the honor is the one getting killed i am not watching it anymore. i dont like show were the bad guys win all the time "

"where do i send my therapy bill HBO??!!?? "

"Boy the Starks are definitely cursed...who wrote the book again?! I curse you...lol. I am gonna need therapy after this episode. WTF! "

"Okay, WTF was that all about???!!!! Wht was up with killing Rob, his wife and mother??!!! And nobody had tried 2 kill that old bastard yet!!! Wht is going on???????!!!!!!! "

"How come Rob stark is not calling in an air strike on little King Joffrey....oh wait you killed him and his mother and gutted his pregnant wife. F you George Martin. This guy proably microwves cats in his spare time"

"Ah well I guess im team Targaryen now. So long beloved Starks, so sad. "

"the only good family in the show and they kill them off. who want to watch a show of back stabber and traiter "

"Thank you God... Thank you that I did not read GRRM'S books, suffered over 1500 pages of this RIDICULOUS story to read what I just finished watching...What CRAP we suffered through this season to get to what. Any family w/honor or love of his fellow man is killed off and only leaves human garbage to rule one day. Please don't write "wait and see there's Bran & Rickon or maybe Tyrion & Sansa will go to Winterfell and rebel". DON'T CARE ANYMORE........... HEY HBO, I LITERALLY GOT UP AND CANCELLED ALL SERVICES AFTER THIS CRAP.... At least until this show is gone... GRRM IS NO J.R.R. Tolkien. Nice try but your story is slow,depressing,and obvious once you get to see this author for what he is. Let's all watch the Tyrells,Lannisters,and the whiny dragon girl fight it out. Oh yeah don't forget the most interesting men of all Lil' Finger & Stannis (Yawn,Yawn,Yawn)...Robert & Renley Baratheon, Ned & Catalyn Stark, Along w/the united Stark family all gone to watch what...All remaining hateful characters to slug it out for the throne...NO THANKS plenty of other shows to watch. I'll remember this as a 2 season and out show. I bet they are lucky to get 1 more season contracted and CANCELLED. I think i will buy the set of books tomorrow just to watch them burn in my backyard fire pit.. "

People are idiots to hold it against HBO. Seriously, after what I've heard about from the other stuff they offer, this sends them over the edge?

" People watch shows because the good guys eventually prevail.."

False. I watch shows because I want to be entertained.

God I hope this episode weeds out the small minded people who can't pay attention to something for more than 5 minutes if nothing is blowing up or there isn't a chase or someone isn't getting stabbed....

"Thank you God... Thank you that I did not read GRRM'S books, suffered over 1500 pages of this RIDICULOUS story to read what I just finished watching...What CRAP we suffered through this season to get to what. Any family w/honor or love of his fellow man is killed off and only leaves human garbage to rule one day. Please don't write "wait and see there's Bran & Rickon or maybe Tyrion & Sansa will go to Winterfell and rebel". DON'T CARE ANYMORE........... HEY HBO, I LITERALLY GOT UP AND CANCELLED ALL SERVICES AFTER THIS CRAP.... At least until this show is gone... GRRM IS NO J.R.R. Tolkien. Nice try but your story is slow,depressing,and obvious once you get to see this author for what he is. Let's all watch the Tyrells,Lannisters,and the whiny dragon girl fight it out. Oh yeah don't forget the most interesting men of all Lil' Finger & Stannis (Yawn,Yawn,Yawn)...Robert & Renley Baratheon, Ned & Catalyn Stark, Along w/the united Stark family all gone to watch what...All remaining hateful characters to slug it out for the throne...NO THANKS plenty of other shows to watch. I'll remember this as a 2 season and out show. I bet they are lucky to get 1 more season contracted and CANCELLED. I think i will buy the set of books tomorrow just to watch them burn in my backyard fire pit.. "

What is air?

"How come Rob stark is not calling in an air strike on little King Joffrey....oh wait you killed him and his mother and gutted his pregnant wife. F you George Martin. This guy proably microwves cats in his spare time"

Omg this one haha

"I haven't read the books...and I 'm trying to think back on the last happy moment i can remember on the show, and I believe it was in episode 1. I'm so sad, so bummed and SO MAD that I got hooked into a series that I love so much, that has NOTHING GOOD happening. ever. I think I"m actually done with Game of Thrones....!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!! "

"Well. I sure hope this comment makes it to the writers. Games of Thrones was my favorite show. After today's episode, I will never watch it again. OK writers.... Get a clue.. You cannot kill the good guys. I'm sorry I even have to say this. People watch shows because the good guys eventually prevail.. They don't get killed. The last two episodes have been a disappointment but today's episode really took the cake. Really.... Again you writers really suck..".

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100318024248/southpark/images/e/e9/ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

"I haven't read the books...and I 'm trying to think back on the last happy moment i can remember on the show, and I believe it was in episode 1. I'm so sad, so bummed and SO MAD that I got hooked into a series that I love so much, that has NOTHING GOOD happening. ever. I think I"m actually done with Game of Thrones....!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!!

The sheer nuclear levels of butthurt is so amazing. Seems like people some hate to receive a dose of reality in their fantasy show.

I can understand the despair and distaste the non-readers have after this episode.

It is fine dramatically to have bad things happen to good (as far as anyone is in THIS story) people, but there are very few good things that happen in the story from here on. Most of those are vengeance, which isn't exactly cheering.

That wears a lot of people down, after a while.

Archived