[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

A couple of female friends messaged me on facebook saying they're going to stop watching the show,after watching Talisa's death......

A lot of people here are probably cheering her death.

Not me, though. I liked her.

At least now, we will have an end to the 'Talisa as spy' theories.

Watching Game of Thrones: time cost of one hour.

Watching Game of Thrones instead of studying: marks cost of 10%

Watching the rest of the world freak out because you're a book reader and know what's coming: priceless.

Watching Game of Thrones: time cost of one hour.

Watching Game of Thrones instead of studying: marks cost of 10%

Watching the rest of the world freak out because you're a book reader and know what's coming: priceless.

hahahahahahahahahaha

I watched it tonight, and I get to watch it again with my Unsullied girlfriend tomorrow.......I've made little comments like "later episodes in this season are gonna be amazing" or after last episode "the next one is gonna be the best episode so far".

She will need much comforting. Although she's a sharp one, so she will pick up on something being wrong.

Aren't we rooting for the bad guy in that though? (Never seen, all I know is the poster character is involved in the Meth business)

The conceit is that we start out rooting for him and yet, over the course of the series, he becomes such an irredeemable monster that by the end rooting for him is nearly impossible. They make this transition subtle in various clever ways, allowing him various reasonable 'excuses' for his more cold-blooded actions or making his victims unlikable, but by the end season there is no mistake as to what Walter White is.

In other words, he starts out an anti-villain we are asked to invest our sympathy in and ends up about as detestable a villain as you can find. I suppose that's slightly different from seemingly giving victory to a Joffrey or Walder Frey, who are wholly detestable from word go.

My mom knew as soon as she heard the music.

"Thats the Lannister song?!?!?! Its a TRAP!!!!!"

My dad said he didn't want to watch the show anymore afterwards because they keep killing off "the good guys."

My mom said she will stop watching the show if Arya dies.

"This is so much crap!! I'm sick an tired of the Starks getting killed!! The entire family is almost gone ! No Mama Stark no Papa Stark! Big Bro Robb is gone! Now Sansa, Arya, Bran and Reckon are orphans!! Great! Jon still doesn't know who his mommy is! I am utterly disgusted!! Even Tony Stark got his house blown up! Why are the Starks targeted!!"

I laughed out loud at the Tony Stark part...

Which is good (being able to laugh) because even knowing what was coming, I was gutted watching the RW unfold like an avalanche.

Well, I knew Robb and the others would get killed because of this website, so that didn't bother me too much, although I would have preferred to keep having Robb in the story. But the plot was disappointing to me, in part because Arya didn't at least meet up with her mother and brother. If the story had allowed that to happen, at least briefly, it would have been better in my mind. The same goes for Jon not seeing Bran and Rickon, that's just silly. Especially since he sees their wolves come to his aid, he should know that they are nearby.

I think I'm done watching this show, it's just too unsatisfying and disappointing. Glad I never read the books. I just don't get how a man who lives in the sunny Southwest, among the stunning colors of New Mexico, in an incomparable place like Santa Fe, writes such a dark plot. There is nothing but darkness in that storyline, every little bit of hope is always in vain, nothing but dirt and blood and sex. Have some good chili and fry bread and look at that sky above you, Mr. Martin, before you write your next books.

Partied with some unsullied tonight. My boyfriend saw it coming. The otherstuff though, bran and all was interesting. A few of his questions about the gift and the nightfort were totally answered. He liked the inclusion of the twins and dragonstone in the credits. Definitely said the ending was shocking but he felt it coming. didnt help that we all were like... the theme for the evening is RED. LET THE WINE RUN RED! omg

The others were pretty much jaw dropped and speechless.

Well, I knew Robb and the others would get killed because of this website, so that didn't bother me too much, although I would have preferred to keep having Robb in the story. But the plot was disappointing to me, in part because Arya didn't at least meet up with her mother and brother. If the story had allowed that to happen, at least briefly, it would have been better in my mind. The same goes for Jon not seeing Bran and Rickon, that's just silly. Especially since he sees their wolves come to his aid, he should know that they are nearby.

I think I'm done watching this show, it's just too unsatisfying and disappointing. Glad I never read the books. I just don't get how a man who lives in the sunny Southwest, among the stunning colors of New Mexico, in an incomparable place like Santa Fe, writes such a dark plot. There is nothing but darkness in that storyline, every little bit of hope is always in vain, nothing but dirt and blood and sex. Have some good chili and fry bread and look at that sky above you, Mr. Martin, before you write your next books.

its based on reality thats why. He takes history and modern politics and combines it into a fantasy.

If you look around you, it's far worse. people are dying everyday because the evil people rule the land. And the best of people end up dead. i.e. you say chili and fry bread? that'll kill you

Watched it with two guy friends and one of their girlfriends.

One guy friend was stunned, kept saying "that was fucked" over and over again. He's Unsullied, but making his way through book 2 at the moment, so he's definitely interested in seeing what happens from here onwards.

The girlfriend was devastated, and was sobbing by the end of it. She said she was particularly affected by Grey Wind's death (she's training to become a vet), but managed to calm down after a bit. Then I decided to point out to her just how close Arya came to reuniting with her family, and she looked at me, wailed "I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THAT" and started getting emotional again hahaha.

The other guy (her bf) was gobsmacked and said he couldn't feel his legs throughout the whole scene. I left for a bit to get some food and when I came back he was on the couch in fetal position staring at the wall (his exact words afterward were, "I wasn't even this upset when Dumbledore died").

I'd have to say overall there's a feeling of uncertainty, particularly among the latter two. They can't imagine where the story might go from here, as to them it was largely a Starks vs. Lannister story. I tried to convince them that there's still plenty more to come and I'm sure they'll come around, they just need a couple of days to get over it :P

As for myself, loved every moment of it! Definitely different to how I imagined it but I found it an extremely powerful scene despite knowing what was about to unfold

"This is so much crap!! I'm sick an tired of the Starks getting killed!! The entire family is almost gone ! No Mama Stark no Papa Stark! Big Bro Robb is gone! Now Sansa, Arya, Bran and Reckon are orphans!! Great! Jon still doesn't know who his mommy is! I am utterly disgusted!! Even Tony Stark got his house blown up! Why are the Starks targeted!!"

I laughed out loud at the Tony Stark part...

Which is good (being able to laugh) because even knowing what was coming, I was gutted watching the RW unfold like an avalanche.

Yeah, they really are hitting all the Starks pretty hard.

http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad9/ThorOdinson/Starks.jpg

You should have been more careful on here if you didn't read the books.

its based on reality thats why. He takes history and modern politics and combines it into a fantasy.

If you look around you, it's far worse. people are dying everyday because the evil people rule the land. And the best of people end up dead. i.e. you say chili and fry bread? that'll kill you

Naah. Maybe if you have it everyday and get fat and diabetic from the lard. Lol.

Combining history and politics into fantasy doesn't imply hopelessness unless you have a tendency for depression or just a negative outlook on life. That's not entertaining, and fantasy needs to entertain. When viewers shut off the tv with an "Aww, crap!" fantasy has failed.

You should have been more careful on here if you didn't read the books.

Why? I came precisely for that reason, to read up a bit on what was coming. I seek out "spoilers" to some degree. That's how I prefer to watch shows. Why not?

Archived