[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

My bf and his friends were pissssseddd! Esp, my bf. He claims that he will not watch the show again, but he tends to do that after every ep that he doesn't correctly predict. He will be watching it with me next Sunday.

They were all so mad! Not necessarily that Robb and Cat specifically died, but because all the good characters kept dying, and the bad characters were all prevailing. I had to tell them that will change pretty soon, and that put them at ease for the moment.

I understand though, reading it I was thinking "Ok, I do not want to read a book about how great the villains are doing and how all the good people keep dying."... then the PW happened. Then RIP Tywin happened. I felt a lot better.

I have some friends who have not read the books, and one of them also wants me to tell him everything that is going to happen, so yeah, no problem with it.

Honestly I don't see why knowing stuff in advance is called a spoiler. It won't spoil anything, you will just know more going in.

Most people don't like spoilers, some do. I do. I hadn't read the books when the show started but I went on line and read the synopsis for all the books because I wanted to know what happened. It's the same reason I read the sample winds of winter chapters when they come out. Not everyone likes surprises. I've also been know to read the end of books to find out if a favorite character dies or not so I can be prepared early.

I watched it with my unsullied husband, but he already had made comments last episode, that something was going to be up with those "bridge" guys. It didn't take him long into the episode to figure out that something bad was going to happen to Robb. He's not a big Stark fan, he rather enjoyed Walder Frey being a dick the whole time and wasn't very upset about the Red Wedding.

He was pretty happy that The Hound wasn't harmed though.

Most people don't like spoilers, some do. I do. I hadn't read the books when the show started but I went on line and read the synopsis for all the books because I wanted to know what happened. It's the same reason I read the sample winds of winter chapters when they come out. Not everyone likes surprises. I've also been know to read the end of books to find out if a favorite character dies or not so I can be prepared early.

I hate spoilers. I still have not read the samples for book 6 yet, because I feel like it will be such a tease! To get just a taste of it, when I don't know when I will be able to actually eat the whole thing (lol). It's also the reason why I hate all of this obvious foreshadowing (especially on Arya) for books 6&7 that DD do on the show.

My husband was watching the beginning of the show and made the initial comment that this episode is slow and nothing is happening. Afterward, he took back those words. He sat for an hour after the episode saying over and over again, "There's no hope. There's no hope. There's no hope." He now hates the Lannisters passionately and said he doesn't care that they tried to make us feel sorry for Jaime or that he saved people from the Mad King - all of the Lannisters are horrible and deserve to die. His only shred of hope is that Dany will come with her dragon and burn them all.

Some of his other thoughts were: Arya is going crazy, there's nobody left in the North, they're all dead there's nothing they can do. He's mad at Robb, he should have never married that girl or cut off that old man's head. The Starks are the family that are in your heart and then all he does is devastate them. GRRM must be crazy or bipolar to write something like that. I think he also had dreams about it and he was still repeating "There's no hope." this morning.

My Dad is devastated - he liked Robb. My mom is a Catelyn fan so she can't understand how she can't be in the show anymore because she is so important to the storyline and one of the strongest characters. My Dad is hoping that Arya will come back and kill all of the Freys, especially Walder Frey.

Their comments on non Red Wedding stuff were that they are starting to like the Hound and think he's really a good guy. They don't like or trust Daario. They are worried about what happened between Jon and Ygritte. They are now very clued into Bran's powers and believe he will have an impact to the future story.

My Dad has correctly guessed that Sam and Bran will meet up.

Naah. Maybe if you have it everyday and get fat and diabetic from the lard. Lol.

Combining history and politics into fantasy doesn't imply hopelessness unless you have a tendency for depression or just a negative outlook on life. That's not entertaining, and fantasy needs to entertain. When viewers shut off the tv with an "Aww, crap!" fantasy has failed.

If fantasy had failed at this moment, then A feast for crows and A dance with dragons would have been massive failures. They weren't. If noone reacts to happy or sad moments, then fantasy has failed. In this case it's a massive success, both in the books and in the show.

I'm actually impressed there's not more Unsullied saying "It's not the end! They could 'Beric' Robb!"

See, that is why it is a terrible dramatic error to have ressurection in fiction.

No one is TRULY dead, so it greatly lessens the impact. Authours use it to cheat the readers - just as GRRM will do.

See, that is why it is a terrible dramatic error to have ressurection in fiction.

No one is TRULY dead, so it greatly lessens the impact. Authours use it to cheat the readers - just as GRRM will do.

Honestly? Don't really care if it gives me characters like Dondarrion.

WOW at the reaction! Haha, this is something that book readers have known about for over 10 years! I remember GRRM making a comment about how crazy it was that people were asking him after season 1 how he could kill off Ned Stark. GRRM made some comment about how that happened back in 1996! I'm sure he'll be answering similar questions for the foreseeable future in regards to Robb and Cat.

Watching Game of Thrones: time cost of one hour.

Watching Game of Thrones instead of studying: marks cost of 10%

Watching the rest of the world freak out because you're a book reader and know what's coming: priceless.

Haha, this is exactly me. Watched it the day before an exam but it was such an exhilarating episode I was in a good mood for studying after :P

In this series there is always a cost though, Beric became totally disillusioned with life after being brought so many times. And seeing Catelyn revived as a remorseless undead thing isn't exactly a happy outcome.

My lovely unsullied brother, whose predictions and insights have really kept my interest in the series alive and growing, reacted worse than I thought to Cat's death.

As some of you might know from other threads, he was convinced "The Red Wedding" was the royal wedding. He provided tons of examples of foreshadowing and was really excited for it. Cat is his favorite character, and he thought if anyone is safe this season it's her.

We watched the episode around 11 last night. Once it ended at 12 he told me to leave his room because he needed time. I got a lot of angry, confused, and pained messages from him as he worked through everything.

He did not sleep last night (I got messages from him up until 6 when he normally gets up to go to school), and informed me this morning that he's done with the series.

I freaking hate spoilers. I also have a friend who is a very petty and insecure person who cannot contain himself and blurts out spoilers.

Somehow it makes him feel special to be able to tell people something he has already seen or read like he actually "predicts" what will happen even though he already knows....

Kind of funny last Saturday, my friends and myself were together, my friend stopped by. He told us he had gone to see Star Trek into Darkness.

Right away he started trying to tell us what happened. Me and one other friend cut him off and told him DO NOT tell us what happens...

His response.....

"man, if someone else tells you before I get to, I am going to be pissed"....

It literally ate him up the entire afternoon because we would not let him tell us what happened.

Something is seriously wrong with him.

In this series there is always a cost though, Beric became totally disillusioned with life after being brought so many times. And seeing Catelyn revived as a remorseless undead thing isn't exactly a happy outcome.

I'd argue the show really hasn't done much to show how Beric has become worse and worse each time. He stated it, but he looks fine. Seeing what Cat turns into without that kind of setup is really not cool.

I have to admit first of all, this was the first episode I watched in its entirety. I guess I'm an Unsullied to the show, even though I watched bits and pieces here and there. I thought I would be bored until the wedding, but I was really hooked.

Secondly, my sister, who has not read the books or watched the show, has heard my brother and I talk about the series a lot. She was really excited for this episode, mainly because of my excitement, and stayed over late at our dad's to watch. Her reactions were cute! She came home and asked me about the little boy-man (Bran) and what he did to Hodor. And if the little boy-girl (Arya) meant Little Finger when she told Sandor she knew someone who could kill a man with his little finger. :)

She also has grown to like Jon Snow! It's amazing because from what we say about him, she thinks Jon is a total derp.

Best was the wedding itself though. She recorded parts of it on her 3DS in case I couldn't watch it. She has the whole last three minutes and while Robb was holding Talisa, you can hear her whisper "She got stabbed in the baby!" Her reaction to Roose stabbing Robb cracked me up, I had to watch it again. I told her of that happening and her reaction is a loud "TEE hee hee!"

Archived