[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

People are idiots to hold it against HBO. Seriously, after what I've heard about from the other stuff they offer, this sends them over the edge?

" People watch shows because the good guys eventually prevail.."

False. I watch shows because I want to be entertained.

God I hope this episode weeds out the small minded people who can't pay attention to something for more than 5 minutes if nothing is blowing up or there isn't a chase or someone isn't getting stabbed....

The sheer nuclear levels of butthurt is so amazing. Seems like people some hate to receive a dose of reality in their fantasy show.

Yes, is actually funny to see that those who think " People watch shows because the good guys eventually prevail.." are the same who can't even remember his name. I still believe ep10 will break the raiting records again, but if it doesn't I won't complain if THOSE are the fans the show lose. Millions of people enjoy a good story, and many more will join before season 4 starts (I'm sure about that)

My friend with whom i watched the episode was shell shocked when shit broke down, but then he surprised me by saying this is the greatest TV Show that he has ever seen, and told me that he hopes Daenerys comes and burns them all :) But the truly depths of his shock became clearer when he went to his home and forgot his wallet and his phone at my place :)))

Now another unsullied of mine cracked me up when he said that he hopes that Theon's torturer will fuck them all up =))) i nearly spilled the beans there =)

Yes, is actually funny to see that those who think " People watch shows because the good guys eventually prevail.." are the same who can't even remember his name. I still believe ep10 will break the raiting records again, but if it doesn't I won't complain if THOSE are the fans the show lose. Millions of people enjoy a good story, and many more will join before season 4 starts (I'm sure about that)

Well, how many readers would really continue if they honestly thought that the ending of the series would be a massive downer. As much as we like the ups and downs along the way, I think most readers still hope that the end still has the "good guys" prevailing on some level.

I'm laughing at comments like this (from the AV Club 'newbies' thread): "Yeah, fuck nihilistic "smart". Fuck this shoooooooooow. Anyone who displays trust, honor, or love die."

I mean... the Red Wedding was based on real events. People are really just getting mad at real life here. But let's not kid ourselves: Robb did break Walder's trust and stomped on his honour (and House Frey's) to marry Talisa.

Well, how many readers would really continue if they honestly thought that the ending of the series would be a massive downer. As much as we like the ups and downs along the way, I think most readers still hope that the end still has the "good guys" prevailing on some level.

GRRM has said the ending will be bitter sweet. So, I do think someone "good" will end up ruling, but getting there will likely see us losing some other well loved characters in the process.

The moment that Frey closed the doors and the Rains started playing, my friend looked at me and asked: "What is happening?" I was so frightened and nervous at that point that the only thing I was able to say was a silent "I dunno". He agreed that that scene was way worse and more shocking than Ned's beheading, because three important characters were killed at a wedding, in addition he hated that they killed Grey Wind.

My wife was on to it when the dinner scene slightly dragged on -- she suspiciously asked "What's going on?"

Then she let out a gasp when Talisa was stabbed (frankly, I think I did as well).

She asked whether the some justice will be done, whether the Freys and Lannisters will "get theirs" at some point. I said, yes, but it will take next season and beyond for that.

As the credits rolled she picked up her iPad and began watching back episodes of Downton Abbey.

I could read her thought: why watch a show where the villains triumph?

People are idiots to hold it against HBO. Seriously, after what I've heard about from the other stuff they offer, this sends them over the edge?

" People watch shows because the good guys eventually prevail.."

False. I watch shows because I want to be entertained.

God I hope this episode weeds out the small minded people who can't pay attention to something for more than 5 minutes if nothing is blowing up or there isn't a chase or someone isn't getting stabbed....

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EarnYourHappyEnding

I personally think there will be at least a relatively happy ending to the series - but it will be, and largely already has been, paid for dearly.

Now another unsullied of mine cracked me up when he said that he hopes that Theon's torturer will fuck them all up =))) i nearly spilled the beans there =)

That's really interesting and kind of understandable!

Because, for all he knows, "Boy" is some kind of sadistic vigilante who torments people who betrayed the Starks. Like some crazed Stark loyalist. But if that were the case, why is Boy ONLY torturing Theon. He should be torturing Lannisters too!

Funny stuff.

I did not expect Talisa to be killed first... and so violently. Kudos to that, it really shook me up as an avid reader and long time fan of this series.

I dont understand how anyone, specifically unsullied, can recognize the Rains of Catamere when it begun playing. I remember Cersei giving Marg the rundown, a few episodes ago, of what the song meant while it played in the background, but thats a crazy good memory if people picked up on the song being played at the RW! When the doors closed and the song began, as a reader, i assumed and knew what it meant, but i wouldnt have been able to identify it on the song alone.

After everything went down and the credits started rolling, my husband's face was priceless, the look of shock and disbelief. He asked, "What the fuck was that? Did that happen in the books?" And later he asked who he was suppose to root for now, Dany? I answered, yes, we are now pro-dragon and want her to burn most of Westeros,

Archived