[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

A good friend texted me this after seeing the episode:

"That was awful!!!!!!!!

How could you tell me it was going to be awesome!!!!!!!

Terible

:bawl:(x10) :crying:(x10) :((x5)

I want to cry I want that old man to die in the most horrible way there is.

(Me: I suppose you also hate Bolton)

Die you all!!!

Jon is stupid, he left Yngrid behind.

This really got me, it was too awful.

Mi chest is hurting.

Awful.

I loved Rob

(Me: And Cat, I started loving since the end of the second book. Luckily they didn't show all the details of her death)

Don't say anything."

Doesn't everyone? I mean, you can like that he is a good character, but how can you not hate who that character is?

Apparently the two I watch it with are pretty boring. They hardly had any reaction, except about how brutal it was, until I asked them about it. Of course, one of them was folding clothes the whole episode.

I have had to point out to a couple of people who were seriously raging that this kind of thing happens in stories all the time and had to remind them of 'Romeo and Juliet' and Greek tragedies like 'Oedipus Rex' before they began to calm down.

On a gaming forum I use there are few Unsullied who had a sudden revelation - the 'guy who cut the other guy's balls off is Bolton's Bastard son!!!!' I was quite proud they had managed to finally work that out considering the extreme emotions they were going through with this episode.

I taped my friend. Quite humorous, because earlier in the season she begged me to tell me if Robb Stark died and threatened to google him if I didn't tell her. So I said he did but not for a really long time so she wouldn't see anything coming. Yeah, she almost killed me :P I think she'll keep watching, but I don't know. She was seriously done after she thought Bran and Rickon died to the point where I actually had to tell her they weren't dead so she'd keep watching. lol.

http://youtu.be/GH6mEvhTEt0

:rofl: That was one of my favorite youtube videos of the RW reactions...and believe me I have seen a ton. I actually feel a wee guilty watching all these videos...I feel like Cartman or Gerald Tarrant...but somehow I will manage to live with myself. ;)

I still remember how gutted I was when this happened in the books. I could not believe what had just happened and temporarily abandoned my usual carefree reading of umpteen chapters in the book for the rest of the night. See, on account of Internet spoilerage, I already knew about something called the Red Wedding, where Catelyn kills a character called Jinglebell. I'd have figured out that the Freys would try something anyway, but after Catelyn's chapters picking up dramatically after she'd been sidelined so long at Riverrun, I was expecting some sort of victory for the Starks there, and was looking forward to the Freys being wiped out for their treachery, which you can see coming a mile off while reading the third book. I had no concept whatsoever that the long build-up via the Catelyn POVs was a means of leading the reader down the garden path.

So I am actually now finding all the shock this episode has caused to non-reader fans amusing, because now they feel how fucking awful I felt when this happened to me reading the books.

My Darling knew, that something was coming. But he didn´t knew what exactly.

When we watched it together, he was very pleased, by Walder Frey. I think he liked him, because he took the whole betrayal thing with humour. Of course I fostered this thought in him :devil:. We laughed about the look, Frey gave Robb when the hottie-bride was revealed...

When the musicians started playing, the penny dropped instantly.

He shouted: "Wow, he is this angry? And they even play a ballad?"

While Arya watched Greywind die, he complained about her having the worst timing in the whole world.

The dead wolf wasn´t of interest to him.

But earlier, he even didn´t know who the heck this ghost was, I was talking about to answer a question ... The direwolfs clearly came to short in the show.

When Cat was holding walders wife hostage, he acted like watching a soccer-game but instead of "Kick it already!" he shouted: "Not the girl! Stab him!"

I think he wasn´t as pleased with him any more. ;)

For him this is quite a reaction and surprisingly it sticked with him.

This morning, he started thinking about what will happen in the final episode. And for whom he should root.

Before, he was thinking about dany perhaps becoming an evil queen. But now he seems convinced, that she is the main protagonist of the story.

We will see...

I was more angry now than when I was reading it, to actually see it was so horrible I was the one crying. My sister was sooooo pissed and when she's angry she throws stuffs, she was like why didn't you tell me i never would have started watching this (lot of editing) show, she's never watching the show again. she was swearing even when I left her house I wishes I recorded it but I know she will murder me if I did.

Archived