[book spoilers]What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions.

Here at home my mom was in such a shock with the violence of the scenes that she closed her eyes. She was upset that the characters died, but she was more upset with the gruesome of the scene of Talisa being stabbed, so she didn't see many parts of the ending scene. However she still likes the show and will keep watching it. Other friends were also in total shock, but I didn't watch the episode with them. One of my friends called me crying and kept saying over and over that it's better be some revenge coming soon. So here reactions were of shock but not as bad as the ones that I saw on Twitter and Facebook. Those are the ones that shocked me. I mean a lot of people cursing HBO and D&D and GRRM, something that I really don't get.

As soon as my daughter heard The Rains of Castamere playing, she straightened up in her chair and said "uh oh...that's not good."

Her reaction to the whole thing was "Geez, those Starks can't catch a break!"

She loves Arya and The Hound and LOLed at the part where she was begging him not to kill the old guy with the cart and telling him how she knows someone who would make The Hound seem like a kitten and could kill him with his little finger. "Is that him?" pointing at the unconscious man on the ground. Arya turns and looks confused..."no." "Good" and starts forward to kill him again.

"NOOOOOOOOOO" (laughing in disbelief) "NOOOOOOO"

He was spoiled about Robb's death but was not expecting it now. He also had no idea it would be a massacre. Was truly shocked.

He then said. "I can't wait to see what Littlefinger will do. He loved Catelyn and I know he will want revenge for this." He also thinks that Littlefinger will probably win it all.

Other unsullied, "Yes! Best episode of the series so far!"

Watched it again with another unsullied that night. "That scream (Catelyn's at the end) is going to give me nightmares tonight."

It was harder for me to watch the second time. Had to turn away when Talisa and Grey Wind died.

My friends have different reactions. Mostly rage though. One said he died a little inside.

another friend txtd me. She said: I watched it this morning... WOW!! So sad. Ya knew things couldn't be all sweet though.

Then she said: Yeah, they did a good job exploding the tension haha not rising it.

Welllll only subtly rising it with Rob's relationship.

I had spoiled it for her (because she had stopped watching the shows for a while, and I wanted to talk about the books with her anyway lol) so she knew it was coming, just didnt know how many people were going to die.

My fiance for sure thought Talisa was going to die ever since she said she was pregnant. He did not expect the entire family to go down. I got so many texts from friends who watch the show, but dont read the books, mostly along the lines of "WTF bad episode" and "Man, that really was something." I was saying to them for the past two weeks that this one would have some action and is a game changer, but they had no idea...

Really glad though that most of the people I know were not spoiled at all. Good job book readers! Really shows the amount of respect we have for the source material and wanted everyone to have that "Oh shit" shocking moment.

Getting a kick out of all these videos, especially http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhF8LhT8XdrWX321y0 and the youtube compilation. Wish I were with any one of these people, given their dramatic reactions. My fiance was just stunned silent.

My one year wedding anniversary was on June 2nd, the same day as the Red Wedding. My wife was not pleased about this.

My co-worker is the biggest Robb Stark fan ever. He is a 50 year old man who goes around the office calling himself "Mark Stark" and truly believed Robb would win the war and get revenge for Ned. After the Red Wedding he text me "Dam it you should have warned me. I'm dead inside now, are you happy!?!?!". He then proceeded to not speak to me for about 2 hours the following day at work lol.

Yeah, I remember too how many readers were worried that the RW wouldn't have much impact... It definitely had a huge one!! I love to read - and watch - all the reacions of the non-readers. My friend hasn't watched it yet, but anyway he already knows that Robb will eventually die, and that in this episode there is something called "Red Wedding", so I don't know if it will come as a big surprise.

By the way, he told me that searching the Internet he sadly got spoiled about Jon's death in Dance :frown5: So I just started discussing my theories about him being actually alive and all.

What's interesting is that alot of the wailing I've heard and read, is about Grey Wind. "WTF THEY EVEN KILLED THE DOG F EVERY FREY THEY BETTER DIE IN THE NEXT EPISODE WTF".

Grey Wind's death was pretty horrible, I was angry he didn't get the chance to take down a couple Freys like he did in the books.

Here in Germany the dubbed version airs July 14th. I have no idea how I can keep my friends unspoiled :(. I do my best telling them not to read anything about the series on wiki or anywhere really, that it is best to enjoy the story unspoiled. But even taking the language barrier into account I have not much hope. One unfortunate picture on facebook is all it takes.

In my group of unsullied there are 2 Robb fanboys, during the RW they tried to keep their composure but completely lost it at "mother". When they calmed down they went on google to see what happen next ( I tried to stop them but oh well.. ) and they said: "He killed the KITN and Cat for this s**t?! I'm done." They are not going to keep watching and definitely they are not going to read the books.

The interesting thing is that one of the others, one who couldn't stand Robb, was sad and angry too. He kept saying: "He didn't deserve to die like that. They didn't deserve to die like that" and then after I explained the meaning of ' guest right' he was even more angry "It doesn't make sense, who could choose to ruin his family forever like that? I want that stupid, vile old man to die in the most slow and horrible way."

I think for the first time ever, many viewers are getting a taste of why this saga is unlike any other. By staying true to the books, the producers took a risk because they have to know many television addicts expect justice, they expect 'good guys' and 'bad guys' and they expect a happy ending... that's pretty much the norm for most stories and very very few have ever killed of major characters all at once at the rapid rate GoT does - it's definitely shocking and seems senseless and unfair...but I honestly believe this was a necessary thing and will actually gain the show even more fans than it loses. We are far too conditioned to happy endings and even real life seems so watered down now because everyone tries too hard to be politically correct and 'sensitive' to everyone's feelings. Life is losing its grittiness and reality is becoming a fake reality show drama. GoT dared to go there with the material Mr. Martin gave us over a decade ago - and I thank him for that even if it has traumatized and upset many HBO fans. I have a feeling they won't be able to boycott, they will be forever haunted by that scene and like the rest of us, holding onto hope that the future for the Starks will be better. Hope is all really all you can hold onto.

I can't believe they will let him create the phrase: The North remembers.

I cringed at that too.

screw HBO and their whitewashing of Tyrion.

"OMG everyone loves Tyrion, let's make him a superhero!"

Things like that really make me afraid that they won't have him kill Shae....

Arya is coping with what happened:

https://vine.co/v/b3XZMHmxzxh

god I love that kid.

I so want Arya as a little sister.

My friend texted me a few seconds after the credits started rolling. Her exact words were: "What .... What the FUCK just happened?"

I replied saying, "That was the Red Wedding. What a happy day."

To which she said, "That old Frey is so gonna get dead."

I got the distinct impression she wasn't happy with the turn of events. I still think Drogo's death upset her more though.

I had to contact my cousin the next day. She had told me she sat and wept for an hour after Ned died so I was concerned for her. She was like dude wtf, I screamed and I cried I didn't know what to do! She was trying to drag spoilers out of me. I was trying to give her some hope withour spoiling too much. Some of the things that upset me was that she was mad at Jon for betraying Ygritte and thinks Stannis is a bad guy.I told her to read the books. She told me this morning that she downloaded them on her Kindle.

Archived