Michelle Fairley. The Emmy is hers. (spoilers)

I can't believe that Fairley took a back seat to the Robb & Talisa romance for most of this season; to reduce an actress of her caliber, and a character of her importance, to excess baggage, was ridiculous.

Fairley positively nailed Catelyn during the Red Wedding (and many other scenes). My heart just broke for her, as it did in ASOS.

And wasn't that bit of interaction between Cat and Bolton, when she pulls his sleeve back and reveals the armor, and he just looks at her, a certified Neat Bit of direction and acting? Brrrr. Gave me shivers.

The Emmy system is well not really predictable, but i hope, she gets nominated at least if not win the Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Cause well Ensemble cast) The episode this one in particular has to be seen, cause when they nominate they do it by episode, its an HBO show so its likely and the performance was good, But i expected Lena to get one for Blackwater for last year but this was probably better than that.

Also Peter Drunklage for his Wedding episode. :bowdown:

She was completely faultless in every scene, every expression, beautifully conveying those small moments of hope, the desperation of a mother, and finally the realisation that all was lost. This episode belonged to her.

Yeah, I almost start to cry in her final plea to Walder because it's pretty much straight from the books and how I always imagined she'd sound. Wonderfully done. Madden, on the other hand, sucked.

Yeah, I almost start to cry in her final plea to Walder because it's pretty much straight from the books and how I always imagined she'd sound. Wonderfully done. Madden, on the other hand, sucked.

I can't believe that Fairley took a back seat to the Robb & Talisa romance for most of this season; to reduce an actress of her caliber, and a character of her importance, to excess baggage, was ridiculous.

this.

Sorry, still Charles Dance for me. Catelyn was great in this episode yes, but on the whole, her character has been handled far too poorly to give her scenes that are memorable enough. In the books I always got the vibe "this is a badass chick, more clever than the men around her, and willing to do whatever it takes" - I rarely got that in the show. Not because of Michelle Fairley, though, the blame doesn't go to her, but she suffers from it all the same.

I think Lena was robbed of a nom last year and Michelle has not had enough screen time. This scene, while amazing, will probably be too little too late for Emmy voters. With such a strong ensemble it's really difficult to get singled out. So many voters go for Lena, Emilia, Maisie, etc.

Slightly off-topic but has anyone read her interview with Entertainment Weekly? Is she just flat out lying about not coming back? I can't imagine that they'd choose to cut UnCat. Why highlight Beric's resurrection?

http://insidetv.ew.c...yn-red-wedding/

Huh? I see nothing there about her leaving the show? It just said she didn't return a call from Dan after shooting the scene, but that's it...

Michelle Fairley did a wonderful job, she was finally given a decent scene and she took it to the next level. She didn't even need to speak and you could feel her finally warming up to Talisa when she smiled at her son and daughter in law, and then you could feel her stomach sink when she heard the doors closing and locking. And then when the music started you could feel her heart stop. She was able to put all of that pain of losing her family, watching her son and grandchild be murdered in front of her. She was perfect.

I agree that Michelle Fairley should get an Emmy, heck the whole show should. But those things are political and for whatever reason they always ignore the best shows and the best acting. Except when Tyrion got his one Emmy.

That's why I never watch those award shows. They are always bogus.

I was absolutely crushed. I couldn't breathe. I've NEVER felt that way watching a T.V show/actor, and maybe twice watching a movie.

The actors put their heart and soul into this show, and if she doesn't get AT LEAST nominated I'm going to be writing a letter.

Alas, the astounding Tatiana Maslany from BBCA's Orphan Black should own all the emmys (can she be nominated multiple times?) but Michelle Fairley would be a fine second choice.

Alas, the astounding Tatiana Maslany from BBCA's Orphan Black should own all the emmys (can she be nominated multiple times?) but Michelle Fairley would be a fine second choice.

I'm pretty sure you can only be nominated in one of: Leading, Supporting and Guest. Would Maslany be Leading? Because if Michelle is nominated she will definitely be Supporting. Diana Rigg would be a good choice for Guest,.

I'm pretty sure you can only be nominated in one of: Leading, Supporting and Guest. Would Maslany be Leading? Because if Michelle is nominated she will definitely be Supporting. Diana Rigg would be a good choice for Guest,.

She is the main character, as well as her own supporting cast - she plays multiple characters (clones, you see), and nails them all.

But I digress.

I too was looking forward to the "Ned loves my hair' lament, but so much of what made Catelyn a brilliant character was lost when they made the narrative choice to not give us internal monologues/POVS. Most of her more poignant book moments were in her own head - instead, they made her more proactive and less "thinky" - for example, they showed us Catelyn doing her own detective work after Bran was pushed (she found a blonde hair!), plus they also gave us the pathetic "I do too love Jon! Adopt him Ned!" scene.

My beloved Catelyn Tully would never have done that. But, nonetheless, Michelle Fairley nailed it ;)

Archived