Michelle Fairley. The Emmy is hers. (spoilers)

The way the Emmies work may give her a chance - IIRC only one episode is submitted for consideration in the acting categories so the fact that she barely had any lines in half the season doesn't matter.

Michelle is amazing. Such an expressive face and her voice control is fantastic. it's a real shame the showrunners didn't use her more this season.

Huh? I see nothing there about her leaving the show? It just said she didn't return a call from Dan after shooting the scene, but that's it...

She said that she knew how many years she had signed on for (indicating that this was it for her) when they asked her if it was a shocl tp leave the show. More than likely, Uncat will be played by a new actress and they'll have her wear a veil or something similar. Why pay Fairley big money when you can pay someone else next to nothing? Especially since Uncat doesn't even really talk?

There's too few awards around for best casting ensemble. To me a good ensemble trumps having one stand out actor so I think ensemble awards should be the most prestigious.

She said that she knew how many years she had signed on for (indicating that this was it for her) when they asked her if it was a shocl tp leave the show. More than likely, Uncat will be played by a new actress and they'll have her wear a veil or something similar. Why pay Fairley big money when you can pay someone else next to nothing? Especially since Uncat doesn't even really talk?

It's not indicating anything that she's not spoiling the show in interviews.

She deserves an Emmy for sure.

I loathe Cat in the books... and I've said this before, Michelle truly made me feel guilty about hating Cat.

I started reading the books years ago and never cried about Cat's death or for Cat's pain when loosing her son, but when I watched last night's episode I did. I admit it. I cried, loudly.

She is one hell of an actress, I truly felt her pain.

Did anyone catch the chat Michelle Fairley did today at HBO? http://connect.hbo.com/events/game-thrones/q-michelle-fairley/ I liked that among the questions she answered was one about what Cat would tell Arya and Sansa as a last bit of advice, "Remember who you are." Cat never lost sight of the basic person she was, despite losing Ned, her younger boys (supposedly) and then Robb. I think it's the worst thing that she never firmly found out only one of those children predeceased her, but like real life, sometimes you just miss that particular boat. Kudos to the actress for really showing the depths of Cat whenever she had screen time. Scenes I'll always remember: the last time she and Ned kissed goodbye, when she captured Tyrion, when she saw Ned's bones and of course, that last horrified but resigned howl of grief.

Michelle definitely delivered an award-winning performance in the episode, but I also have to give major props to Maisie Williams for her performance as well.

I think the final scenes with Arya were the most heartbreaking for me, and it was mostly because of how Maisie acted the scenes out. That look of joy on her face when she was approaching the Twins - you could just see it in her eyes that after all this time, she was finally going to see her family again. And then how her face changed to sheer terror when she saw the guy from Winterfell getting slaughtered. It was gut-wrenching for me. Amazingly powerful acting from Maisie and she didn't even have any lines in that scene.

Among the best performances of the show, for sure.

I hated her so fracking much for the entire run of the show.

I could not muster a grain of any sympathy I felt for her in the books.

But this last scene stole it for me. She was dead long before she was killed.

Fairley is undoubtedly a great actress. She has redeemed herself in my eyes and them some.

The Emmy system is well not really predictable, but i hope, she gets nominated at least if not win the Award for Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Cause well Ensemble cast) The episode this one in particular has to be seen, cause when they nominate they do it by episode, its an HBO show so its likely and the performance was good, But i expected Lena to get one for Blackwater for last year but this was probably better than that.

Also Peter Drunklage for his Wedding episode. :bowdown:

Thats a good point about the episode being the performance submission. Her performance was riveting and transcendent in this episode, but I hope Emmy voters will see her more subtle scenes early on in the season, and how well developed her arc was despite its book to screen shortcomings.

I think the attention this episode will get will definitely put her performance this season into perspective. The scene is a powerhouse, but one that has legitimate meaning to the progression and destruction of a character. Much more rounded performance and character arc I would say than anything I've seen in the supporting field for a long while.

Too bad Michelle Fairley had so little screentime this season, she is an awesome actress and she did a great job with her RW scenes. It would be great if she received at least a nomination.

Yeah, I feel as if they sort of made up for that a bit in the beginning, when Cat was advising Robb. It was so hard steeled and pointed with Cat's cunning; a cunning that I think was watered down, exemplified in the freeing of Jamie Lannister. I think they could have given her more politically driven scenes in regards to the war and still kept her "motherly" emotional side they seemed to favor.

Sorry for the double post btw.

Does anyone know the time frame for submitting nominations for Emmys? If the date has already passed, I don't think HBO would have leaked the RW by submitting Fairley's amazing performance in this scene. If the submissions haven't happened yet, then I think (hope/pray) that she has an excellent chance for a nomination.

That performance, in my opinion, was right up there with Jaime's bathtub confession and Tywin's dressing down of Tyrion in the first episode. I've seen a lot of gruesome death scenes in cinema and television, but I've never seen an actor/actress just mentally check out and resign herself to the slaughter. That was an intense way to play it and (can't wait to get dressed down by purists for this one!) far more haunting to me than the clawing of the face/hysterical laughter from Storm of Swords. Cutting the sound at the end was a nice touch and sealed the deal to an amazing scene.

I do not know how much we will see from Lady Stoneheart in the show but I will miss Michelle Fairley as Cat sooo much! Just as I miss her in the books, she is much more complex than saintly but straightforward Ned ever was.

Fairley's face can do wonders, she can smile happily while being thouroughly sad. Did you realize how her voice had changed when she pledged for Robb's life? And remember the moment when she got Ned's bones in S2, her eyes!

I am even more infatuated with HBO Cat than I am with book Cat, and that tells a lot.

Sigh :(

Archived