Michelle Fairley. The Emmy is hers. (spoilers)

I was in total awe of her performance last night. Never seen anything like it.

On top of that EVERYONE in that scene, in that room were doing a stunning performance.

Those 5-10 minutes are probably the best ive seen in television.

She said that she knew how many years she had signed on for (indicating that this was it for her) when they asked her if it was a shocl tp leave the show. More than likely, Uncat will be played by a new actress and they'll have her wear a veil or something similar. Why pay Fairley big money when you can pay someone else next to nothing? Especially since Uncat doesn't even really talk?

I know it sounds a little far-fetched that they would replace Michelle as Uncat, but something strange is going on. I was going to start a thread on this very topic, and maybe we should.

I've been online almost constantly since the episode aired Sunday night. I was just reading reactions and watching videos. There are a number of posts, interviews, and tweets where other cast members are saying that they are going to miss Michelle after her wonderful scene. I don't understand why she would mention that she knew how long she had signed if it had no bearing. And she is one of the cast that has actually read the books, so she knows what's supposed to happen next.

So either...

1) Most of the cast hasn't read the books and they really don't know about Uncat (I can't believe it wouldn't have even been mentioned).

2) They been told to act dumb about the future (doesn't seem right to me because some of the posts were very emotional and I can't seem them being that clever).

3) Michelle is being replace with another actress to play Uncat.

4) Uncat will not be in the show.

Im wondering as well whether we'll see Uncat, and whether she will be played by Fairley.

I'm hoping we will see Uncat, The Beric revivall seems to hint that we will, otherwise the whole revival thing will be a one shot deal and I doubt they would put in something so 'gamey' just to not use it later.

I don;t know whether it will be Fairley, though. They have enough wiggleroom with an undead person to have the role be played by other, and cheaper actresses.

Though I really do hope it'll be Fairley though.

Michelle Fairley was amazing as Cat. I remember how disappointed I was after Jennifer Ehle was replaced by her, but she's truly shown her merit. Cat's character was occasionally written almost unrecognizable, but Fairley always managed to rise above that and make her impressing.

I always took it for granted we will get our UnCat and MF will continue as her, but now I'm getting unsure with all this speculation whether she'll be cut altogether or replaced by UnTalisa... :frown5:

I know it sounds a little far-fetched that they would replace Michelle as Uncat, but something strange is going on. I was going to start a thread on this very topic, and maybe we should.

I've been online almost constantly since the episode aired Sunday night. I was just reading reactions and watching videos. There are a number of posts, interviews, and tweets where other cast members are saying that they are going to miss Michelle after her wonderful scene. I don't understand why she would mention that she knew how long she had signed if it had no bearing. And she is one of the cast that has actually read the books, so she knows what's supposed to happen next.

So either...

1) Most of the cast hasn't read the books and they really don't know about Uncat (I can't believe it wouldn't have even been mentioned).

2) They been told to act dumb about the future (doesn't seem right to me because some of the posts were very emotional and I can't seem them being that clever).

3) Michelle is being replace with another actress to play Uncat.

4) Uncat will not be in the show.

My vote is 4). HBO would never be so stupid to replace her with another actress for no reason, so 3) is out. 2) It's possible, but the interviews and what has been said seem heartfelt, she sounds like she's leaving and is sad about it. 1) Not every actor has read the books, but a number of them have including Kit and Alfie and I think even Michelle read Storm of Swords this season so she knows Uncat is a possibility.

The only other option would be that they're going to use her for cameos only in the future after this season

Too bad Michelle Fairley had so little screentime this season, she is an awesome actress and she did a great job with her RW scenes. It would be great if she received at least a nomination.

:agree: This episode just made me upset how much they under utilized Fairley's acting skills all damn season.

Personally, I'm really hoping they are just trolling book walkers and unsullied alike.

Because I. WILL. CUT. A. BITCH.

She may not win, but the ever-lovely Fairley deserves a nomination for that 10 minutes worth of screen time. Seriously, if one can watch that, and not feel something, the nominating committee can go and fuck their souless selves.

My vote is 4). HBO would never be so stupid to replace her with another actress for no reason, so 3) is out. 2) It's possible, but the interviews and what has been said seem heartfelt, she sounds like she's leaving and is sad about it. 1) Not every actor has read the books, but a number of them have including Kit and Alfie and I think even Michelle read Storm of Swords this season so she knows Uncat is a possibility.

The only other option would be that they're going to use her for cameos only in the future after this season

Yeah when I first read her interview saying she knew how long she had signed on for and knew this was at an end I had a "wtf!? no lady stoneheart" moment. It would be great to keep her around, she one of the best actors and could have KILLED some stoneheart scenes.

Yeah when I first read her interview saying she knew how long she had signed on for and knew this was at an end I had a "wtf!? no lady stoneheart" moment. It would be great to keep her around, she one of the best actors and could have KILLED some stoneheart scenes.

Yeah, she would be an awesome Lady Stoneheart, she definitely has the acting chops for it, but it seems like the show is not going to do this. I'm also not sure she really had enough screen time this season for an Emmy nomination, but I guess we'll see eventually.

Repost: Again! I don't know what's happening to my posts this morning!

I thought her performance was absolutely spectacular - couldn't possibly have been any better. Unfortunately, I guess I'm cynical (or maybe disillusioned is a better word) enough not to expect it...I could be wrong, though, with Tyrion's being nominated and winning after Season 1 (so well deserved) . . . perhaps there is "Emmy justice" out there, after all.

I always took it for granted we will get our UnCat and MF will continue as her, but now I'm getting unsure with all this speculation whether she'll be cut altogether or replaced by UnTalisa... :frown5:

Ohh, please God NO! I don't want see that poor excuse for an actress again, ever.

That sucked too.

LOL, I finally decided after she had the same vacant, blank look in the last episode that she had in so many of her previous scenes she isn't a very good actress, that type of stuff can't be blamed on bad writing or the role or character.

Archived