Michelle Fairley. The Emmy is hers. (spoilers)

I wasn't entirely sold on the end. The scream felt a little of and I would have directed it a bit different. Would have liked her to go down on her knees.

Yea, those last 5 seconds were really weird/awkward for me. I was expecting her to go hysterical, that would've been more powerful. And I hate that they took out the "Not my hair" line. Like wtf?!?

Yea, those last 5 seconds were really weird/awkward for me. I was expecting her to go hysterical, that would've been more powerful. And I hate that they took out the "Not my hair" line. Like wtf?!?

She never even said that in the book. She thought it.

LOL, I finally decided after she had the same vacant, blank look in the last episode that she had in so many of her previous scenes she isn't a very good actress, that type of stuff can't be blamed on bad writing or the role or character.

Exactly. She had the same look dead as alive. Fish eyes. Perhaps that was why she was so good at playing dead.

People keep saying this and it's because she never says it, she thinks it. It would've been really weird and out of place.

I'm with the majority. Loved her performance as Cat. But how can people possibly think they will cut Uncat? She ties in to a pretty important storyline, closes Beric's arc and gives viewers some epic Frey revenge. Yeah...we're getting Uncat. The show has never deviated that far from the novels.

I really think that Michele nailed it on the ending scene. I think it was perfect, different from the book, but still great IMO. I thought that she would shred her face in the end, but I'm ok that they decided to go the way they did.Her catatonic state in the end was very touching and had a great impact for me.

1 great scene does not win you the Emmy.

You'd be surprised. Each Emmy nominee submits one episode of the show as an example for the judges to view. If Michelle Fairley submitted 'The Rains of Castamere', it would be a very strong piece of work to submit.

Also, I call bullshit. I also thought her scene with Blackfish earlier in the season was very, very fine acting. Heartwrenching.

People keep saying this and it's because she never says it, she thinks it. It would've been really weird and out of place.

No it wouldn't have been. I thought so at first but after thinking it over it could've worked well. She could've dropped to her knees and sob, then one of the Frey's would grab her by the hair to open up her neck and in that moment she whispers beggingly "Not my hair, Ned loves my -" cut.

She was incredible this episode, but except her Jon Snow monologue I don't think she had any other major scene this season and I doubt these two can be enough for an Emmy.

In general I think during the last 3 seasons of GOT, she has been consistently good with incredibly poor material she has been given. Hopefully this means she can give some life and sense of realness to Stoneheart role which in my opinion is going to come as flat and unbelievable in a visual media even if played as written in the books.

Without her internal monologues, Cat going hysterical would have been SO out of place. This was perfect for the Red Wedding the show gave us. That few seconds at the end ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE YOU FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE. Wonderful, wonderful acting. I simply can not sing her praises loud enough!!

she was awful. just because someone is in an epic and tragic scene doesn't mean they are a good actor.

she looked like she had no clue however how to play the scene so just stood there like a plank and put on a croaky voice.

she won't be missed in this form. she'll be much more suited to playing zombie cat who only has to play one emotion.

Archived