Michelle Fairley. The Emmy is hers. (spoilers)

I would say (2) - Uncat is an amazing reveal.

She's not really going to be a regular on the show really, unless they give Uncat more scenes? It's like she'll be a playing a different person as well :(

They probably will give her more. Not much happens in the 4th book and there's more time since robb is dead.

Yea, those last 5 seconds were really weird/awkward for me. I was expecting her to go hysterical, that would've been more powerful. And I hate that they took out the "Not my hair" line. Like wtf?!?

Really? I thought it was brilliant. I think her going nuts would have really been awkward. People forget, that translation from book to screen is incredibly hard to do, and quite often, two very different things. You can't just cut and pace something from your head and hope it works just as well. Perhaps they felt the overall tone and pacing of the episode was better served to give different direction to Michelle. Hell, they probably even filmed a few takes of her going bat shite crazy and thought it was a bit too much. We have to remember the show has always been much more subtle than the books (tonally and visually).

IMO, she mirrored what we all were feeling. Emptiness. And the lack of movement, sound, or the battle outside I think, in those five seconds, is a nod too her inner monologue at the books. She's nothing and nothing else matters. It's only when someone comes up behind her do we hear anything. Which I thought was interesting. Much like in the chapter, Cat only heard certain things, and those were only when she was about to go.

Exactly. She had the same look dead as alive. Fish eyes. Perhaps that was why she was so good at playing dead.

I thought this was worth pointing out to the people who criticize ones acting. Yes, its subjective I understand, but I never get why people seem to suggest that an actor have five thousand unique faces for each line they deliver. People who spot similarities, or lack of movement, in ones face are focusing on really trivial and redundant things to complain about. You lose out on the emotional/psychological side of the performance that can transform a persons face to be something else entirely. Eyes alone have a thousand faces. Again, I guess this is just more of a psychological thing, but its a shame if people hold standards to acting to the way someones face looks.

1 great scene does not win you the Emmy.

As someone said before. You would be very surprised.

Awards mean fuck all tbh.

True, history will place Fairley among other performances on this show where they rightfully ought to be, but career wise, it means a great deal to actors and actresses to get such recognition. The industry runs on awards and the hype they build when casting projects otherwise unattainable to more capable unknown actors.

While fully acknowledging that Michelle owned this episode... i have to say i was deeply impressed by David Bradley's delivery. He really made his character come alive, and his face of delight in front of the massacre was really disturbing. Also, his contemptuous unconcern when Cat threatens Lord Walder's wife.

Unfortunately The Emmy Awards are all dedicated to AMC because they are in love. Madly.

Bryan Cranston deserves every one he got and any award he did not. Although Sean Bean should have been nominated.

1 great scene does not win you the Emmy.

actually yes it does. Emmy dont judge you on your entire work in the season , they judge you on a single episode which is submitted by the studio.

for example Peter DInklage was judged solely on his scene in Baelor where he was recounting his past with Bronn and Shae

I don't think she has a chance at an emmy with one episode. My vote is still for Dany

Are you kidding?? Daenerys the best actress in the show who deserve a reward?? Emilia Clarke is a pretty girl with pretty boobs...but where is her talent?? I really don't understand why she is always named like a talented actress who does a great job with her role of Daenerys. I think she is the worst actress in the show: she always have the same facial expressions. Indeed, she is afraid or seems lost or she is arrogant and it's all. I'm angry because I don't care of pretty actress I want look a talented actress. I want an actress who can share feelings, who lives her role and who gives us all the emotions on screen. I want more actress like Michelle Fairley who is the definition of a good actress: SHE is the BEST actress in the show. And all the award's nominations of Emilia Clarke are a joke, a big joke!! She is nominated only because her character is one of the most popular (thanks to the books!) and so she have a lot of fan. To finish I advise her to continue playing naked for have others roles in movies.

Are you kidding?? Daenerys the best actress in the show who deserve a reward?? Emilia Clarke is a pretty girl with pretty boobs...but where is her talent?? I really don't understand why she is always named like a talented actress who does a great job with her role of Daenerys. I think she is the worst actress in the show: she always have the same facial expressions. Indeed, she is afraid or seems lost or she is arrogant and it's all. I'm angry because I don't care of pretty actress I want look a talented actress. I want an actress who can share feelings, who lives her role and who gives us all the emotions on screen. I want more actress like Michelle Fairley who is the definition of a good actress: SHE is the BEST actress in the show. And all the award's nominations of Emilia Clarke are a joke, a big joke!! She is nominated only because her character is one of the most popular (thanks to the books!) and so she have a lot of fan. To finish I advise her to continue playing naked for have others roles in movies.

Thats harsh on Emilia Clarke but very true.

she was awful. just because someone is in an epic and tragic scene doesn't mean they are a good actor.

she looked like she had no clue however how to play the scene so just stood there like a plank and put on a croaky voice.

No, she's good because she nailed the despair and horror that Cat was going through at the scene and made people feel for her. Not to mention that Michelle Fairley has always been consistently good throughout the series.

And you can't blame her for that standing there like a plank. Complain to the director.

No, she's good because she nailed the despair and horror that Cat was going through at the scene and made people feel for her. Not to mention that Michelle Fairley has always been consistently good throughout the series.

And you can't blame her for that standing there like a plank. Complain to the director.

It's best just to ignore that poster.

While fully acknowledging that Michelle owned this episode... i have to say i was deeply impressed by David Bradley's delivery. He really made his character come alive, and his face of delight in front of the massacre was really disturbing. Also, his contemptuous unconcern when Cat threatens Lord Walder's wife.

This. David Bradley totally stole the show this episode.

Michelle Fairleys face when she was pleading for it all to end was all the proof of her ability I needed. Alot of people seem to be focusing on the last 5 seconds, but her begs for mercy to walder frey were the real thing that showed the true horror of what was happening. There was clear strain and anguish in her voice and her entire face changed. Bravo.

David Bradley was amazing as well.

Archived