Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

go joff go

[NO SPOILERS] Art Parkinson tries to upstage RW.

Lets give a hand to one of the youngest actors on the show for stealing the Bran scene he was in tonight. Fantastic job by the kid.

Yeah, seriously. I was all, "Wow, he can act." Nina Gold, ladies and gentlemen.

Yeah, seriously. I was all, "Wow, he can act." Nina Gold, ladies and gentlemen.

I thought this... and then immediately thought, why are we only learning this now? We won't see him again for a long, long time and he's been savagely (pun) underused to this point, though that's not to say he wasn't underused in the books too.

But they are going to the Umbers instead of Skagos......I wonder how this will play out with Davos's arc

I teared up during that scene, then the scene with Grey Wind dying was even worse :(

Doesn't Greywind actually get loose and kill some Freys before they actually put him down....

It's very hard for me to cry during a show or movie...doesn't happen often.

That being said, for some reason that scene got me tonight. Totally unexpected too. Suddenly my eyes started tearing up.

Wonderfully done and touching scene.

That was some pretty good acting. I hope GRRM has plans for Rickon in future novels so we can see more of Art.

I hope we get to see Osha, Rickon, & Shaggydog's journey to Last Hearth/Skagos.

Absolutely. They need to make up some scenes for those two, not many, but enough so that they aren't completely off screen for as long as in the books.

I had always assumed that Rickon would depart the show as he did in the books, then return a few seasons later with a new, older actor (a la Octavian in Rome) but after tonight's scene I hope the showrunners at least give Art a solid chance at re-auditioning for the part again in a couple of years as the kid's got talent. Just a shame it took us this long to get a scene where he could shine!

It seems every kid on the show is a prodigy. Well done indeed. Maybe we'll see more of him instead of him just disappearing for a few seasons.

I'll admit my eyes got a little watery in that scene as well, I think it was the best of the whole episode. I don't remember their goodbye being that effective in the books.